Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Women to rebrand as "Charlton Ladies" - turned down by FA (p28)

Comments

• Options
    For something you think the majority of our fans think nothing about, you seem to have quite a bit to say about it @DOUCHER 🧐🤷‍♀️

If you really don’t care, I dunno, why don’t you stop going on about it?

Just a thought.
    coz i'm bored 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    DOUCHER said:
    Men's football is not an irrelevance, its part of the fabric of our society and was one of the things heralded as being good for the nation's mental health when it kept going during lockdown - the wishes of the womens FA anda  squad of Women whi had nothing to do with our club before  this season, taking up circa 50% of the fans forum, is disproportionate to its relevance to 99% of supporters who have followed the club for years and years - thats the point. That isn't the Womens teams fault or the FA's fault, its the air time the issue was given compared to how important it is to the vast majority. 
    Theres plenty of football fans who see anything outside of the top 5 of the EPL as an irrelevance, just ask any Man U/Man C/Chelsea/Arsenal armchair supporter. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    For something you think the majority of our fans think nothing about, you seem to have quite a bit to say about it @DOUCHER 🧐🤷‍♀️

Just a thought.
    coz i'm bored 
    Not half as bored as us women being told to stop bleating on about stuff by men who say they don’t care anyway 🙄
    well don't worry, i'll be logging off soon - just thought i'd give you the benefit of some perspective 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

Just a thought.
    coz i'm bored 
    Not half as bored as us women being told to stop bleating on about stuff by men who say they don’t care anyway 🙄
    well don't worry, i'll be logging off soon - just thought i'd give you the benefit of some perspective 
    I rest my case m’lud 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

Just a thought.
    coz i'm bored 
    pleasure, as always 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

Just a thought.
    coz i'm bored 
    pleasure, as always 
    Man admitting to pleasuring himself to the detriment of women shocker 🙄
    Feisty one u r  :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:

Just a thought.
    coz i'm bored 
    I'm not sure why you seem intent on turning it into a "men vs women" issue when it is absolutely clearly not the case. The comments on this thread, in both directions, prove that.

Now, you done your cleaning?

(Thats a joke by the way!)
  • Options
    Pico said:
    unrelentingly tedious
    it's TS i feel sorry for - sitting through that at the fans forum must have been extremely tedious  
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    DOUCHER said:

Just a thought.
    coz i'm bored 
    I'm not sure why you seem intent on turning it into a "men vs women" issue when it is absolutely clearly not the case. The comments on this thread, in both directions, prove that.

You just proved that for you it very much is a men Vs women issue.
  • Options
    i was bored so strayed onto a topic i wouldn't normally - i stand by what i have said on it - i'll leave it to those who care more about it now - happy christmas
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Off_it said:
    DOUCHER said:

Just a thought.
    coz i'm bored 

Only it's not. But thanks for letting me know what I'm thinking. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    DOUCHER said:

Just a thought.
    coz i'm bored 

I think you’ll find the men v women thing was born out of @DOUCHER boredom.

I was happy to play his silly game yesterday, it was quite easy sport imho as I knew he was just being a dick.

As B has pointed out (along with several others) it isn’t about what any of us think.
    If the players, staff, FA etc don’t want to be called Ladies that really should be that.

But it won’t be & we’ll go round & round until hopefully TS sees that all this is just an unnecessary distraction.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    DOUCHER said:

Just a thought.
    coz i'm bored 

Show me where I let you know what you are thinking?

Actually don't bother. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    DOUCHER said:

Just a thought.
    coz i'm bored 

Bore off and have a mince pie.

Merry Christmas
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    DOUCHER said:

Just a thought.
    coz i'm bored 

Bore off and have a mince pie.

Merry Christmas
    Do one.

And a happy new year.
  • Options
    This thread gets better and better 😂
  • Options
    Between this and the covid thread there's lots of Xmas cheer I see!! You lot need some alcohol! 
  • Options
    Fuck me with all the shit happening in the World this is getting very tedious.
  • Options
    Tweets from @Airman Brown suggest that Tracey Couch MP, her of the parliamentary review into football governance, as well as Rick Parry from the EFL have spoken to TS regarding the name change.
  • Options
    Confirmed to me by Tracey Crouch herself.

Decent source, I'll give you that 🙂
  • Options
    Glad it's not being swept under the rug.

I think that "unilateral" name changes to clubs, men's or women's, should be prohibited. Pleased to read in one of the follow up tweets that that is one of the recommendations of the fan-led review.