Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Only - January 2022 Transfer Rumours (Deadline Day p.97)

Comments

• Options
    Armstrong Inya Echezolachuku Oko-Flex. That's an incredible name.

Apparently made the first team bench for their recent league game at Arsenal. Would they really want him to drop to mid-table in league one?
  • Options
    I want Armstrong Okoflex and Max Power as next seasons team. Bin off the rest, we won’t need them
  • Options
    Being an Irish Football Fan, I have known about Okoflex for quite a few years now, very talented, had an argument with the Irish Under 21 manager and rarely gets picked in the squad, and his natural position on the field is as a left winger or right/left of a front three, not sure where he would play for Charlton, but is definitely an exciting player to watch.
  • Options
    Jermain Defoe has left Rangers and is looking for a new club.......
    Just beat me to it. Ex-Charlton and only 39 years old. Not much of a sell on fee though. 
  • Options
    I think this could actually have legs, still a great player and wants to go into coaching. Could tick 2 boxes in one? Can't imagine he'd be expecting to start week in week out either 
  • Options
    Talented player. Would be shocked if he drops to L1 level.
    Why? He's a youngster with no first team games for West Ham and just 2 for Celtic, L1 is exactly the sort of level you'd expect him to go on loan to.

https://www.whufc.com/teams/development-squad/squad/armstrong-okoflex
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Why? He's a youngster with no first team games for West Ham and just 2 for Celtic, L1 is exactly the sort of level you'd expect him to go on loan to.

He's made the first team bench so they clearly rate him highly. I'd expect there to be some championship interest in him although maybe at that level and this time of year teams might want someone more tried and trusted.

But even if they were prepared to drop him to league one, West ham would surely prefer a team chasing automatic/play offs. A side who's season is effectively over with a strong chance that March/April could peter out into a few nothing games might not 'test' the player as much as if he was in a team fighting for promotion.
  • Options

He's made the first team bench so they clearly rate him highly. I'd expect there to be some championship interest in him although maybe at that level and this time of year teams might want someone more tried and trusted.

But even if they were prepared to drop him to league one, West ham would surely prefer a team chasing automatic/play offs. A side who's season is effectively over with a strong chance that March/April could peter out into a few nothing games might not 'test' the player as much as if he was in a team fighting for promotion.
    This, basically. He is not far off getting on their first team subs bench. They'd surely be looking for a Championship loan for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Apparently made the first team bench for their recent league game at Arsenal. Would they really want him to drop to mid-table in league one?
    Cost a fortune getting that on the back of your shirt... B)
  • Options

Think we’re ok for defenders, Costa and fortune are I bit past it I’d say!!😜
  • Options
    paulfox said:

Took ya time coming up with that one eh... B)
  • Options
    paulfox said:

Took ya time coming up with that one eh... B)
    Someone was going to say it!! 😂🤷🏻‍♂️, you set them up , I’ll knock em over🤣
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Who is currently our 4th choice center mid? JFK soon, Morgan, Kirk , CB-T all in the middle or edges if the middle. Up front sod all.
    So you want to play CBT and Kirk in the center of midfield 😳😳
    Kirk has played there and is not performing on the wide left position. If one can convert CB-T to a wing back, why not.
    I’ve heard it all now 
  • Options

But was he only on the bench because of injuries and Covid cases?

The whole point of sending a player out on loan is to get regular game time, and how many Championship sides would stick a 19 year old loan player into their first team?
  • Options
    RedJohn said:
    Being an Irish Football Fan, I have known about Okoflex for quite a few years now, very talented, had an argument with the Irish Under 21 manager and rarely gets picked in the squad, and his natural position on the field is as a left winger or right/left of a front three, not sure where he would play for Charlton, but is definitely an exciting player to watch.
    Bound to get him then & then play him up front on his own, as we do love a winger-cum-play anywhere type of winger.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Maccn05 said:
    As of last month he'd scored  14 goals in 15 games for the u-23s so far this season. But likely shows our plans for the window a couple of risky young loans. Lets hope this one comes off!
    Dont have much choice though do we, not as things stand

We've got currently got one spot left in the team for a player who is over 21, thanks to Arter going back

Only other spots that'll become available will be if we loan out the likes of Josh Davison or Charlie Kirk, the latter would surprise me. Should also remember that Albie Morgan going on loan wont change a thing in that regard, seeing as he didnt need to be registered.

If the incoming player is a permanent signing, it means we can bring in two U21 players on loan. One again replaces the spot left by Arter, the other spot is the fifth spot we didnt use in the summer - Of course we could also try and sign U21 players on a permanent basis, but no reliable names spring to mind.

I know a number of people will say that we should just terminate the deals of Gunter or Watson etc. to free up a spot - But do we really want to become the sort of club that cant honour the contracts that we hand out to players?

Doesnt look good when we want to bring in better players, as whats to say we wont do it to them?

Of course all of that is irrelevant if the PFA have legally managed to throw out the EFL's registration rules - But I'd be extremely surprised if thats done and dusted (or even still going ahead) as the silence has been golden.
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    As of last month he'd scored  14 goals in 15 games for the u-23s so far this season. But likely shows our plans for the window a couple of risky young loans. Lets hope this one comes off!

We've got currently got one spot left in the team for a player who is over 21, thanks to Arter going back

Only other spots that'll become available will be if we loan out the likes of Josh Davison or Charlie Kirk, the latter would surprise me. Should also remember that Albie Morgan going on loan wont change a thing in that regard, seeing as he didnt need to be registered.

If the incoming player is a permanent signing, it means we can bring in two U21 players on loan. One again replaces the spot left by Arter, the other spot is the fifth spot we didnt use in the summer - Of course we could also try and sign U21 players on a permanent basis, but no reliable names spring to mind.

I know a number of people will say that we should just terminate the deals of Gunter or Watson etc. to free up a spot - But do we really want to become the sort of club that cant honour the contracts that we hand out to players?

Doesnt look good when we want to bring in better players, as whats to say we wont do it to them?

Of course all of that is irrelevant if the PFA have legally managed to throw out the EFL's registration rules - But I'd be extremely surprised if thats done and dusted (or even still going ahead) as the silence has been golden.
    Doesn't a loan, any loan, take up a squad place even if they are 11, 21 or 31?

I thought that was written in to encourage promotion of home grown youth not hired help? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Maccn05 said:

I thought that was written in to encourage promotion of home grown youth not hired help? 
    To be honest I just presumed that if any player was U21 (loan or otherwise) then they wouldn't need to be registered - Even worse if that's the case then as we can sign ONE player this window in that scenario
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Maccn05 said:

That rule only applies in the Championship, not League 1 or League 2. Same with goalkeepers, it's included in the Championship limit although they are allowed 25 players compared to our 22. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Maccn05 said:

That rule only applies in the Championship, not League 1 or League 2. Same with goalkeepers, it's included in the Championship limit although they are allowed 25 players compared to our 22. 
    I thought the squad rules for League One were 24-players this season, yet goes down from next?
  • Options
    Just beat me to it. Ex-Charlton and only 39 years old. Not much of a sell on fee though. 
    Can start picking up knocks at that age and may be an injury risk, so hed make a perfect addition and would fit right in. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Maccn05 said:

I thought the squad rules for League One were 24-players this season, yet goes down from next?
    No it's 22 but goalkeepers aren't included so essentially 24. Believe it's going down to 21 next season and then 20 from the following season and beyond.  
  • Options

The whole point of sending a player out on loan is to get regular game time, and how many Championship sides would stick a 19 year old loan player into their first team?
    Precisely.  Champ sides would be really unlikely to risk ANY 19yo as a regular striker.  TBH at that age they might even consider a top L2 side as easier to ‘encourage’ starting every game
  • Options
    Charlton looking at West Ham youngster Armstrong Okoflex on loan to booster their strikeforce. highly rated at Celtic before joining West Ham in the Summer - ROI International. 
    Meh, cup tied for the Papa John's.
  • Options

Not sure but he's on their bench again tonight and i don't think they have that many people missing.
  • Options
    I think whatever transfer strategy we were undertaking before tonight’s game just significantly changed.