Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chuks Aneke - speculation re 2023/24 season (p60)

Comments

• Holden in his pre-match interview : "Chuks has a significant hamstring strain. We're unlikely to see him for the rest of the season I think."
  • aliwibble said:
    Holden in his pre-match interview : "Chuks has a significant hamstring strain. We're unlikely to see him for the rest of the season I think."
    No surprise at all. Fully expected this.
  • hE nEeDs To ReTiRe 
  • All too predictable sadly that Chuks would be out for the rest of the season.
  • I’ve shared a jacuzzi with Chuks. We’ve almost identical physiques so all this talk of him needing to lose muscle mass I’m taking on board very seriously 
    But surely you've got the much larger groin mass?....
  • I’ve shared a jacuzzi with Chuks. We’ve almost identical physiques so all this talk of him needing to lose muscle mass I’m taking on board very seriously 
    You need to retire mate, can't be good for your mental health 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I’ve shared a jacuzzi with Chuks. We’ve almost identical physiques so all this talk of him needing to lose muscle mass I’m taking on board very seriously 
    You need to retire mate, can't be good for your mental health 
    You don’t know how close the truth that feels at the moment 
  • Sponsored links:

• aliwibble said:
    Holden in his pre-match interview : "Chuks has a significant hamstring strain. We're unlikely to see him for the rest of the season I think."
    Chuks being out for the season was as guaranteed as Bonne not scoring tonight 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    hE nEeDs To ReTiRe 
    Probably will if this keeps happening.
    You'd have to stand in a jacuzzi otherwise you'd drown.
    You both looked a bit flabby from what I can remember...
  • Can we make this a sticky?
  • Can we make this a sticky?
    What, like the jacuzzi?
  • edited March 2023
    Poor bloke. He’s stuck in an injury loop. Invariably gets an injury that keeps him sidelined for months. Slow rehab and then a very tailored and measured pre season. Never gets fully match fit due to the limitations of what he’s doing in training. Comes back. Gets injured, out for months and repeat. Feel desperately sorry for him but he’s an unmitigated financial disaster for a skint third division club. Think it’s best to forget about him. If we’re still in a situation where we desperately need Chuks back playing for us next season then we’re still stuffed.
  • aliwibble said:
    imagine my shock......feel for the lad, but his injury record is beyond a joke now
  • Poor bloke. He’s stuck in an injury loop. Invariably gets an injury that keeps him sidelined for months. Slow rehab and then a very tailored and measured pre season. Never gets fully match fit due to the limitations of what he’s doing in training. Comes back. Gets injured, out for months and repeat. Feel desperately sorry for him but he’s an unmitigated financial disaster for a skint third division club. Think it’s best to forget about him. If we’re still in a situation where we desperately need Chuks back playing for us next season then we’re still stuffed.
    Our current club owner doesn't usually worry about paying bills on time, or at all, especially if he thinks there's an issue with what's provided.  Will he treat Chuks differently???
  • Billy_Mix said:
    Poor bloke. He’s stuck in an injury loop. Invariably gets an injury that keeps him sidelined for months. Slow rehab and then a very tailored and measured pre season. Never gets fully match fit due to the limitations of what he’s doing in training. Comes back. Gets injured, out for months and repeat. Feel desperately sorry for him but he’s an unmitigated financial disaster for a skint third division club. Think it’s best to forget about him. If we’re still in a situation where we desperately need Chuks back playing for us next season then we’re still stuffed.
    Our current club owner doesn't usually worry about paying bills on time, or at all, especially if he thinks there's an issue with what's provided.  Will he treat Chuks differently???
    Yes, not paying players is treated entirely differently by the EFL
  • Sponsored links:

• asked it before and I'll ask again .. who is/was responsible for okaying his ridiculously long new contract ?
  • asked it before and I'll ask again .. who is/was responsible for okaying his ridiculously long new contract ?
    The man in charge of the little black box ... who is that? 🤔
  • edited March 2023
    here's a hot take/unpopular opinion; a fully fit and can play 90 minutes Chuks would have kept Miles out of the team for the majority of the year, and he would still be considered a raw youngster (maybe the odd cameo like Bairstow level) maybe that puts back his development an extra unnecessary year or maybe even two. 

my hot take is that this year Leaburn has raised his value and stock far more than whatever we have been paying Chuks, potentially even to the extent that by basically being forced to play Miles he has developed far more than even the coaching team could have antiscipated, and financially we are actually in a better position potentially now because of it. 

it's a stretch i admit. 

edit; but this is definitively true about Wollocott and AMB this year, so perhaps has some merit?
  • edited March 2023
    mendonca said:
    here's a hot take/unpopular opinion; a fully fit and can play 90 minutes Chuks would have kept Miles out of the team for the majority of the year, and he would still be considered a raw youngster (maybe the odd cameo like Bairstow level) maybe that puts back his development an extra unnecessary year or maybe even two. 

my hot take is that this year Leaburn has raised his value and stock far more than whatever we have been paying Chuks, potentially even to the extent that by basically being forced to play Miles he has developed far more than even the coaching team could have antiscipated, and financially we are actually in a better position potentially now because of it. 

it's a stretch i admit. 
    Get one more jagerbomb down you for the road mate.
    fair lol

you accept that this is true of AMB though right? Wollocott being unaviliable for selection for a month - he hasn't exactly come straight back into the team and the value/stock of AMB has unquestionably rose because of that abscence?
  • Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    How long until he retires?
    Why would you retire when you have 2 and a half years left on your contract?
    Mental health? The impact of these injuries on his body? I'd agree with you in general but there may come a point where he doesn't want this to keep happening.
    That's what I was thinking. He can't just sit there for two years taking the money. There are obligations and expectations including that he has to keep doing the rehabilitation and trying to come back. 

How much more can he take? Physically he can't take it and so mentally must be getting tougher with every breakdown.

There will be insurance but surely his premiums are increasing year on year.

If extensions were triggered by appearances he'd be long gone. 
  • edited March 2023
    Ferryman said:
    asked it before and I'll ask again .. who is/was responsible for okaying his ridiculously long new contract ?
    If extensions were triggered by appearances he'd be long gone. 
    Probably wouldn’t have re-signed for us from the Championship in the first place if that was part of the deal.
  • Wish Chuks well and a speedy recovery, but I think the problem is the “warm up “ his always looks half hearted.
    Don’t think we will see him again in a Charlton shirt. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!