Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match thread: Cheltenham v Charlton | 3pm Saturday 15th January

Comments

• Options
    Abject performance. Undeserved point. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    They out muscled us. I don't want to knock him as he is a great prospect but this was a game where Burstow was a liability and we were effectively playing with 10. He did not affect the game at all. But what it says is that he needs to go on loan, he is still a great prospect. I would like to see him learn the ugly side of the game somewhere. 
  • Options
    Another game played with a formation that doesn't suit the players on the pitch at all. 

We have zero true wing backs in the squad, why are we playing a formation that requires them? 
    We know that this squad was built to play 4231 … 
  • Options
    Awful performance, but love a late equaliser.

Lee, Leko, Clare all had poor games. Any talk of signing Lee or Leko permanently needs to be squashed.

Cheltenham will feel hard done by, thought they moved it around nicely and we're rarely troubled by us.

Hopefully that ends whatever this slump is, but I have my doubts.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Genuinely still cackling. We deserved -1 points for that. After all the times this had happened to us in the last few years, it's nice to know what it feels like. And it feels...so dumb. 

The real winner today was the black kits. They are ace. 

Just a shame Sean Clare thought we were playing in red during the first half!
  • Options
    Nicholas said:
    Another fucked up season thanks to the people behind the scenes not getting their arses in gear before the season started. 
    How can this still be an excuse? We are in January and still shit
  • Options
    Thought we were devoid of ideas and couldn’t break them down. Too many poor passes today. Not a game for Burstow IMO. Still don’t think we should play 3-5-2 away from home as teams have sussed us out. Chuks played 90 and looked dangerous. Would like to see Washington play off him. 
  • Options
    5 positives=
    We didn't lose although we deserved to
    We got a point we didn't deserve
    Chucks scored on his debut
    Best of all chuks lasted 95 mins
    We scored in front of the travelling fans(if they hadn't all left by the 94th minute)to create absolute scenes

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    This could be a massive point .. boys kept going and battled right to the end …. if you look at it 3 errors by Henderson this week as cost us .. cheated  goal at Crewe cost us , and of course the loss of both Stockley and Washington when they were both on fire all gone against us .. so to show that character today was excellent …. 

But I blame McG wife fir giving birth this week because with McG in goal we would have won both games 
    I’ll have what your having 😂
  • Options
    At least we didn't lose.
  • Options
    Still building so going to be poor?
    Eg cant play 5 3 2 with no wing backs on the club books or a ball playing centre half or two solid midfielders alongside Dobson. (Missing goalscorer solved?)
  • Options
    Fortunately only goals scored matter. 
  • Options
    Bad performance made worse being surrounded by foul mouth pikies who celebrate  a 94th minute equaliser at Cheltenham like a World Cup Winner. 
    Clare and Inniss as bad as it gets. Bloody Awful. Need to part company with this lot asap .
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Genuinely still cackling. We deserved -1 points for that. After all the times this had happened to us in the last few years, it's nice to know what it feels like. And it feels...so dumb. 

The real winner today was the black kits. They are ace. 

Just a shame Sean Clare thought we were playing in red during the first half!
    After being one of our best performers under Jacko, he was awful today. And it's absolutely fitting that he puts in a very good ball from the LB spot (for some reason) that leads to our goal. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    SDAddick said:

If we keep the 3-5-2 I think Purrington needs to come back in at LWB, even if he hasn't been at his best in recent weeks. We just don't have any better options on the left. Leko needs to start at RWB. He's inconsistent, but he has the highest upside of our attacking options on that side. 

I love Leko but he doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the starting line up after his performances this week.
    I kind of agree but between DJ, CBT, Matthews, and Leko, who does deserve that RWB shirt? I mean arguably no one. My thinking is Leko at least has a moment of magic going forward that the others don't, even if some of the others are more consistent. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    SDAddick said:

If we keep the 3-5-2 I think Purrington needs to come back in at LWB, even if he hasn't been at his best in recent weeks. We just don't have any better options on the left. Leko needs to start at RWB. He's inconsistent, but he has the highest upside of our attacking options on that side. 

I love Leko but he doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the starting line up after his performances this week.
    I agree thought CBT was better when he came on…..just. Lee is nice on the ball at times but has no athleticism or physicality so needs a rest. I was unsure about Chuks signing but he is just what we need right now. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    When does a draw seem like a win...today, whether it was deserved or not is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, 90+4.. :D ..that always seems to happen to us, so it is nice to dish it out this time, and of course...THE BEAST is back with a goal and  completes 95 minutes, so 1 point, not great but better than nowt...on we go, and well done you traveling Addicks, safe journey home..
  • Options

We are staying up say we are staying up.  Absolute lions to a man to come back and save that.  Heroes.
    I really hope your tounge in cheek….. Hero’s….. fuck me if none of them ever played again I wouldn’t be bothered. 

No I wasn't being serious about nicking a point against  the mighty Cheltenham to move us 6 points clear of game in hand morecambe. We're appalling in terms of consistency and going nowhere fast without significant rebuilding in pretty much every area of the team.

• Options
    SDAddick said:
    Croydon said:
    SDAddick said:

I kind of agree but between DJ, CBT, Matthews, and Leko, who does deserve that RWB shirt? I mean arguably no one. My thinking is Leko at least has a moment of magic going forward that the others don't, even if some of the others are more consistent. 
    None of them do. If we continue to play this formation, we need to bring a RWB in. 
  • Options
    Nicholas said:
    Absolute rubbish, Jackson is getting the same level of performance as Adkins did. 
    Amazing how that works, eh? Maybe there is something to learn from this.😬
  • Options
    Nadou said:
    Abject performance. Undeserved point. 
    Given all the last gasp points we've given away the last 3 seasons if we get 4-5 more just like this out karma will be even.
  • Options
    We are poo poo