Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs AFC Wimbledon | Saturday 5th February 2022

Comments

• Options
    Daughter's birthday party and I miss the Albie Morgan assists show... 

Damn it. 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    It's another one where you wonder what would have happened if we'd sacked Adkins earlier. We weren't great Defensively but we were quite good going forward. And the difference is we just had a little bit more quality, including off the bench with DJ, and that saw us over the line. These are the kinds of games you win when you're going for the top six. We're not going to get there, but again, what if Jacko takes over earlier and we're not in quite as deep a hole?
    Does it really need any wondering. Just take Jackson's PPG and multiply by the number of games played this season.
  • Options
    If, and it’s a big if, we get mostly wins from the next five, we will be on one hell of a roll. On the other hand, I could not open another bottle of Rioja.
  • Options
    I see the attendance has been given as 22486.

Presumably that is another made up one? 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I see the attendance has been given as 22486.

Presumably that is another made up one? 
    Perhaps TS is looking to sell or get investers in? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Form table looking much better. 
    We have to play 3 of them in our next 4 games. The 4th team before the end of the month is Oxford.

Win all 4 & the play offs are officially on. 

Steady, Golfie ...... you're getting a little excited now! :smile:

• Options
    Really missed Greg Stubley on comms!
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    For me shows what can be expected from players at this level, and that the biggest deficit is consistency. Moments of skill and athleticism were offset by some really basic mistakes. DJ varied from astonishing to wtf was that? and back again. The most consistent player (in a good way) for me was Clare. 
  • Options
    Where was Leko today?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought both keepers were crap today.
    Did you think the AFCW guy was that bad? I ask because he’s the son of a Bulgarian guy I know. I thought he was OK aside from some dodgy kicking. Couldnt do much about the 2nd and 3rd. Not sure about the first. Took some crosses well. We didnt actually work him that much, given our possesion.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    I'm struggling to think of a worse 3-2 home win (somebody help me with that). Thought it was fairly boring and quite a poor standard overall, with some good bits chucked in.

DJ showed some lovely touches and played a beautiful ball for Washington's goal but was lucky not to have had a red moments before that. 

I thought Wimbledon were pretty weak and we beat them with a pretty ordinary performance. 
    3-2 win over Bristol Rovers? - We were 2-0 down in that one
  • Options
    Can someone remind me how many league games Adkins was in charge for earlier this season and how many points we got from those games? Wanted to see how many points have been won under JJ.
  • Options
    At the game, I was surprised that DJ got a yellow, but the comments on here suggest he was a little fortunate not to get a red! Obviously you have better eyesight than me, can someone explain what went on in that tackle?
  • Options
    Thought Jacko summed it up nicely.

“The game was a little too open and end to end for my liking at times, but we won not being at our best, which is pleasing".

• Options
    At the game, I was surprised that DJ got a yellow, but the comments on here suggest he was a little fortunate not to get a red! Obviously you have better eyesight than me, can someone explain what went on in that tackle?
    A dangerous high tackle with a lot of force. I was side on to it, and was relieved it was only a yellow.
  • Options
    A curious game, with moments of quality, interspersed with some ordinary moments. The coaches will be happy with 2 goals from corners, both excellent deliveries from Albie, one near post, one far post, while our second goal as from a glorious through ball by DJ and cool finish by Conor. On the other hand, both goals came from grim defending. The wind made things harder, but we didn't look entirely settled at the back all game, and would have been further punished by a better side. Sensible to ease Fraser in with 20 minutes. He did nothing wrong in that period, but also did nothing to suggest he ought to start on Tuesday. I was slightly surprised that Gilbey took the set pieces during this period rather than him.
  • Options
    Great 3 points. 22k crowd? Sounds incredible for us in div 1 no deals on offer or did I miss something,   views please, also what was atmosphere like please, for a long distance supporter hoping to make his first valley trip next month  Great Result. Coyr!