Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs AFC Wimbledon | Saturday 5th February 2022

123457»

Comments

• Options
    We didn't defend that free kick well enough as a team.  

It's a shame to ever say this, but if Clare exaggerates his fall, he's likely to get a free kick. Similar to the awful decision against Stockton, which led to a goal from the resulting corner. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    What you do find in games is a defensive lapse where you are not punished and you then tend to forget it. Their free kick was a terrific delivery and a great finish. Yes it was avoidable but I think we should give Wimbledon credit for it. I had a look at it trying to see who to blame and I couldn't. The only person not marking somebody was Innis who intended to mark the space to stop the delivery coming in, but the ball was too good and beat him. The other goals we have conceeded since Pompey have been keeping errors.

That isn't to say we haven't got room for improvement defensively but I don't think we have a crisis there.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    JamesSeed said:
    I see the attendance has been given as 22486.

Presumably that is another made up one? 
    Attendance means number of people attending, so 22,486 is a lie of almost Trumpian proportions ;-)
    I think they could say the gate was 22,486, as that is more associated with gate revenue, but if they want to an attendance figer, then that should be the number of people attending. 
    strewth - why do seemingly intelligent people still keep banging on about this - the attendance / gate is calculated the same way by every club in the country so if our gates are a bit inflated by non attending season ticket holders and comps / offers, then so are the figures of every other club in the land !!   
    It's including non attending comps which is the problem, as they 
    a) aren't in the stadium, and
    b) haven't bought a ticket
  • Options
    That was a brilliant effort and i gave him a big cheer and round of applause.

The recent efforts have been shambolic to say the least and led to me swearing abuse for the patheticness of the attempts but fairplay to that fella 
  • Options
    That was a brilliant effort and i gave him a big cheer and round of applause.

The recent efforts have been shambolic to say the least and led to me swearing abuse for the patheticness of the attempts but fairplay to that fella 
    It was quite funny how disappointed he looked, as if he expected to do it!