Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs AFC Wimbledon | Saturday 5th February 2022

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2022
    BTW if the woman in the red coat who refused to let me go past to get to my seat because I didn't "go the right entrance" 10 minutes before kick off is reading this I hope you spilled your coffee.
    One for @DaveMehmet

• Options
    Simonsen said:
    I'm struggling to think of a worse 3-2 home win (somebody help me with that). Thought it was fairly boring and quite a poor standard overall, with some good bits chucked in.

DJ showed some lovely touches and played a beautiful ball for Washington's goal but was lucky not to have had a red moments before that. 

I thought Wimbledon were pretty weak and we beat them with a pretty ordinary performance. 
    3-2 win over Bristol Rovers? - We were 2-0 down in that one
    Sheff wed after we were 2-0 down and Chris somebody got a hat trick.
  • Options
    Both defences were leaky which meant goals both ends. Everyone played well but many had mistakes in them. Glad for Famewo .morgan still the best set piece taker and this has made a real difference to results. Well done Alby.
  • Options
    19 points from the last 8 home games is impressive from players and management. 

Not the best yesterday with 2 Sunday morning defending for both of their goals but job done.

Now 2 tricky away fixtures this week. Take 3 points from those 2 and that’s a good last 3 games 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wimbledon were the second worst team seen at the Valley this season after Doncaster. 

On attendances, is Sandgaard inflating the crowd to help attract a buyer or business partner? Embarrassing seeing these numbers in a half full stadium. 
    Think it was better than half full? Thought it was a decent crowd c. 15k
  • Options
    Can someone please Put on the CharltonLife Glossary thread what “doing a golfie” means
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    clb74 said:
    Forget the result.
    30+  years following the club and it's the 1st time it's ever happened to me.
    Half time whistle goes , I ask the bloke sitting a couple of seats away do you mind if I come past.
    Well cant you go out the other way was his reply.
    Dont think I've seen him before, but will be an ongoing battle from now on
    Can you start a separate thread to update us after each game? 
    Will do.
    Still cant believed what happened.
    Half time and the fellas telling me cant I go the other way.
    Returned to me seat going past him and when I left on 80 minutes I did ask if it was alright to get past.

• Options
    clb74 said:
    Forget the result.
    30+  years following the club and it's the 1st time it's ever happened to me.
    Half time whistle goes , I ask the bloke sitting a couple of seats away do you mind if I come past.
    Well cant you go out the other way was his reply.
    Dont think I've seen him before, but will be an ongoing battle from now on
    Incredible - you werent in row h block wsl were you?
    Block e lower Covered end
  • Options
    BTW if the woman in the red coat who refused to let me go past to get to my seat because I didn't "go the right entrance" 10 minutes before kick off is reading this I hope you spilled your coffee.
    The woman actually didn't let you through?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Wimbledon were the second worst team seen at the Valley this season after Doncaster. 

On attendances, is Sandgaard inflating the crowd to help attract a buyer or business partner? Embarrassing seeing these numbers in a half full stadium. 
    I was in the Covered End Upper so impossible to judge for that stand, but the other 3 stands did not appear to be even half full, e.g The Jimmy Seed Stand
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:
    There proof of a clear foul on McG bloke backed in then just made a bridge for him to go over … then 92nd min after having really nothing today all day he makes a very good save to give us the victory .. that the diff between 1 point and 3 
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    JamesSeed said:

I was in the Covered End Upper so impossible to judge for that stand, but the other 3 stands did not appear to be even half full, e.g The Jimmy Seed Stand
    Poor show from the Dons. Just over 1,000 , and they’re under ten miles away. 
    West and East looked way over half full though. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    The woman actually didn't let you through?
    Yup. Just went next row up and told her she was an arse.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    JamesSeed said:

Poor show from the Dons. Just over 1,000 , and they’re under ten miles away. 
    West and East looked way over half full though. 
    That is there normal away support at The Valley (including 1 game in the PL) since they have been playing us at the Valley since 1985. 
  • Options
    Nothing much to say other than what's already been said. I feel as if we still need to "click" for an entire game, then we'll be rolling.

Also, a word on Inniss. I love the man and think he is a colossus. But he's not actually that good at, erm, the actual football bit. Defending, heading, so on - all great and that is exactly what we need. But he don't half put the shits up me when on the ball, and before he scored, he looked even by his standards truly crap on the ball. That affected how we built up play and how we defended, because often a bad start to a move leads to a concession of possession.

After he scored he was alright, but there is big potential for mistakes at some point I think.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I don't think you can down play how much of a difference Aneke has made.  I don't think we would have got the last 4 league results without him.

Look what happened in the game he missed.

Not replacing him in the summer was more costly than not sacking Adkins sooner. 

If Aneke hadn't won that header ;DJ can't make that pass.

Chuks was a tad out of salts yesterday but a great signing for 300k. He is good at this level and we do need a  target man in League 1. Pleased I went ape when Washington was wasted on the wing under Adkins. Conor has more chance of scoring in a two up front with Chuks or Stockley.
    Two players up front attacking the box central is paramount in the iffy 3rd tier.

I thought that was obvious at Cafc but others get too excited about the myriad of permutations. Morgan and Gilbey have flaws but their energy will really help Fraser.
    Football stopped being a 11 a side game decades ago.

Dobson is first name down as defensive midfielder but will be interesting calls by JJ as the season move on with the other midfield options.
  • Options
    I think the potential for mistakes is cancelled out, actually much more than cancelled out, by what he offers us.