Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs AFC Wimbledon | Saturday 5th February 2022

Comments

• Options
    a win is a win .. good to see Morgan and  Jaiyesimi having good ones .. however, we need a new goalkeeper next season if we have ambitions of getting anywhere near promotion .. good that Inniss is getting the full 90 and a nice calm goal from Washington .. all in all am 6.5/10 performance
  • Options
    MacGillivray: dropped a doddle for the first goal, kicking was ropey and flapped again 2nd half - worst game for us so far
    Clare: steady
    Inniss: steady with ropey passing
    Famewo: shaky with very ropey passing
    Dobson: industrious, energetic and ever better passing - P.O.S in the making
    Matthews: steady, untroubled
    Gilbey: anonymous first half, decent 2nd
    Morgan: mostly pretty good, trying too hard perhaps towards the end
    Aneke: never showed up sulky disinterested and inept
    Washington: trojan, we're so much poorer without him
    Jaiyesimi: another day he'd have got a red, after that his Charlton game yet, the.pass.of.the.season - more please

CBT n/a
    Burstow contributed more in his brief cameo than Chuks bothered
    Fraser n/a

Ref:  best for ages
    Wombles: they're pony at the moment, easy to see why their recent results are so shabby, both goals only came from Charlton errors aside from that they had one shot MacG had to deal with
  • Options
    BTW if the woman in the red coat who refused to let me go past to get to my seat because I didn't "go the right entrance" 10 minutes before kick off is reading this I hope you spilled your coffee.
    Good grief what is it with people ? I just can't imagine what goes through their mind doing shit like this.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I don't think you can down play how much of a difference Aneke has made.  I don't think we would have got the last 4 league results without him.

Look what happened in the game he missed.

Not replacing him in the summer was more costly than not sacking Adkins sooner. 

If Aneke hadn't won that header ;DJ can't make that pass.

Chuks was a tad out of salts yesterday but a great signing for 300k. He is good at this level and we do need a  target man in League 1. Pleased I went ape when Washington was wasted on the wing under Adkins. Conor has more chance of scoring in a two up front with Chuks or Stockley.
    Two players up front attacking the box central is paramount in the iffy 3rd tier.

I thought that was obvious at Cafc but others get too excited about the myriad of permutations. Morgan and Gilbey have flaws but their energy will really help Fraser.
    Football stopped being a 11 a side game decades ago.

Dobson is first name down as defensive midfielder but will be interesting calls by JJ as the season move on with the other midfield options.
    It looks like Aneke should have been marking the scorer for their second
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I don't think you can down play how much of a difference Aneke has made.  I don't think we would have got the last 4 league results without him.

Chuks was a tad out of salts yesterday but a great signing for 300k. He is good at this level and we do need a  target man in League 1. Pleased I went ape when Washington was wasted on the wing under Adkins. Conor has more chance of scoring in a two up front with Chuks or Stockley.
    Two players up front attacking the box central is paramount in the iffy 3rd tier.

I thought that was obvious at Cafc but others get too excited about the myriad of permutations. Morgan and Gilbey have flaws but their energy will really help Fraser.

Dobson is first name down as defensive midfielder but will be interesting calls by JJ as the season move on with the other midfield options.
    Clare was marking him. Wimbledon blocked him off (pre planned move?)
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Yes, Aneke was marking a different player.
  • Options
    Wimbledon were the second worst team seen at the Valley this season after Doncaster. 

On attendances, is Sandgaard inflating the crowd to help attract a buyer or business partner? Embarrassing seeing these numbers in a half full stadium. 
    To be fair a half full stadium would indicate 13,500, there was clearly more than that. Why are people, not just you, saying there wasn’t that many then deliberately saying it’s less than it probably was. If they said there was 27,000 and clearly wasn’t, would people enjoy the game less?. My point is does it really matter?.
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Wimbledon were the second worst team seen at the Valley this season after Doncaster. 

On attendances, is Sandgaard inflating the crowd to help attract a buyer or business partner? Embarrassing seeing these numbers in a half full stadium. 
    To be fair a half full stadium would indicate 13,500, there was clearly more than that. Why are people, not just you, saying there wasn’t that many then deliberately saying it’s less than it probably was. If they said there was 27,000 and clearly wasn’t, would people enjoy the game less?. My point is does it really matter?.
    Jesus, if you want to be pedantic there were probably 15k in attendance, certainly closer to half full that the 22k figure that was reported. If it doesn't matter, why do the club lie about it ? It's just bizarre.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

You keep saying this but why do all the teams that get promoted, 8 of the last 9, and 5 of the current top six play 3 or 1 up front?

If it just doesn't work for us, I assume that's because we never got the right players for it to work?    In our 2 best patchs last season we played some sort of 433 hybrid. 

As you rightly say its about getting players between the posts in the box.  When you play 4231/433 you should always have at least 3 players in the box from a cross.  The fact we played it badly this season doesn't make it a bad system. 

• Options
    shine166 said:
    paulfox said:

Jesus, if you want to be pedantic there were probably 15k in attendance, certainly closer to half full that the 22k figure that was reported. If it doesn't matter, why do the club lie about it ? It's just bizarre.
    Why does it matter to us as supporters? Are they plucking 22k out of a hat, or is there a reason that’s what they report, has this been asked? I’m sure there’s probably an explanation for it for those it bothers so much. 
  • Options
    Sounds like a fun one to watch.
    What's JJ's record in league since taking over?
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Apologes if I am incorrect, but I think it is 1.9 PPG (rounding up) since taking over which is automatic promotion form. Sadly, we were clear in the relegation places when Adkins left us. Jacko is going to need to step up from this already decent record if we are to make the play offs. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    There proof of a clear foul on McG bloke backed in then just made a bridge for him to go over … then 92nd min after having really nothing today all day he makes a very good save to give us the victory .. that the diff between 1 point and 3 
    Proof there was no foul.
    I can't begin to understand how a few people like yourself have the ability to get most everything they say, see and hear wrong. It's like your brain is somehow wired back to front.
  • Options
    clive said:
    There proof of a clear foul on McG bloke backed in then just made a bridge for him to go over … then 92nd min after having really nothing today all day he makes a very good save to give us the victory .. that the diff between 1 point and 3 
    Proof there was no foul.
    I can't begin to understand how a few people like yourself have the ability to get most everything they say, see and hear wrong. It's like your brain is somehow wired back to front.
    Incorrect.  The issue is his brain isn't wired up. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    Proof there was no foul.
    The fact he actually manages to turn his computer/smart phone on, open a Web browser and actually type makes me think its on purpose.  No one that is really that thick could actually function in real life.  Either that or he dictates it to his carer. 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Oh, give Conor a new contract. He scores goals at this level, he's showing that. And his presence makes all the difference in the world with his intelligent running and hard work. It's no coincidence that we play better when he plays. 
    We need to be giving Dobson a new contract before some championship club comes waving a fat cheque. 

I see the attendance has been given as 22486.

Presumably that is another made up one? 
    absolutely - dobson is a class act and getting better every week 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simonsen said:
    Great 3 points. 22k crowd? Sounds incredible for us in div 1 no deals on offer or did I miss something,   views please, also what was atmosphere like please, for a long distance supporter hoping to make his first valley trip next month  Great Result. Coyr!
    Nowhere near 22,000 in the ground. Felt more like 13,000. 
    no chance - there was probably 8k in the north strand alone - probably 3.5k in the east stand and 5k in the west stand 1.2k in the away end so £17- 18k actual i'd say   
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    JamesSeed said:
    I see the attendance has been given as 22486.

Presumably that is another made up one? 
    Attendance means number of people attending, so 22,486 is a lie of almost Trumpian proportions ;-)
    I think they could say the gate was 22,486, as that is more associated with gate revenue, but if they want to an attendance figer, then that should be the number of people attending. 
    strewth - why do seemingly intelligent people still keep banging on about this - the attendance / gate is calculated the same way by every club in the country so if our gates are a bit inflated by non attending season ticket holders and comps / offers, then so are the figures of every other club in the land !!   
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Simonsen said:
    Great 3 points. 22k crowd? Sounds incredible for us in div 1 no deals on offer or did I miss something,   views please, also what was atmosphere like please, for a long distance supporter hoping to make his first valley trip next month  Great Result. Coyr!
    Nowhere near 22,000 in the ground. Felt more like 13,000. 
    no chance - there was probably 8k in the north strand alone - probably 3.5k in the east stand and 5k in the west stand 1.2k in the away end so £17- 18k actual i'd say   
    Agreed - looked a reasonable crowd.
  • Options
    Can someone please Put on the CharltonLife Glossary thread what “doing a golfie” means
    Bump
  • Options
    Can someone please Put on the CharltonLife Glossary thread what “doing a golfie” means
    Bump
    It means coming from behind @KiwiValley, and is associated with Golfaddick for his knowledge/ obsession with the subject, hence a 'Golfie'.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    paulfox said:

It’s not lies but you need to shell out £2 on Voice of The Valley to see why. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    clive said:
    Proof there was no foul.
    The fact he actually manages to turn his computer/smart phone on, open a Web browser and actually type makes me think its on purpose.  No one that is really that thick could actually function in real life.  Either that or he dictates it to his carer. 
    Is this ganging up and personal meanness really necessary?

• Options
    Dont get the "Red Card" possibility for DJ,I had a very clear view,although his foot was a bit high,the contact was made with the side of his leg after his foot had connected with nothing.Only the dying swan act by the Wimbledon player,made the whole situation look serious.

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Yes I think you are correct but wasn't a great look for big Ryan Inniss either when it just went over his head as he couldn't move his feet quick enough. (I'm a big fan of Ryan but mistakes are made)
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Yes I think you are correct but wasn't a great look for big Ryan Inniss either when it just went over his head as he couldn't move his feet quick enough. (I'm a big fan of Ryan but mistakes are made)

Watch the highlights. Clare was marking the scorer, but the Wimbledon player lurking in an offside position before the free kick ran straight into Clare, leaving Heneghan free. Aneke was marking someone else.