Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    foakes just gets no luck when it comes to playing for england, slipping over in the shower and now covid.
  • Options
    foakes just gets no luck when it comes to playing for england, slipping over in the shower and now covid.
    Foakes caught covid slipping in the shower. Don't put this on the covid thread, some posters will stop taking showers 😂
  • Options
    What is the max we wanna chase. Reckon they will put target out of sight 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    What is the max we wanna chase. Reckon they will put target out of sight 
    The required run rate isn't going to be an issue if new Zealand try and win is it?

I mean they could set us 500 but wouldn't have enough time to bowl us out, they would have to bat the rest of today, at least.

I think we would fancy chasing anything under 350.
  • Options
    I don't fancy us chasing over 300.
  • Options
    I don't fancy us chasing over 300.
    Neither do I but they will 
  • Options
    It's all about the new ball now.
    Unless we can knock a couple over quickly I can't see us winning this match. 
  • Options
    Who knows, I couldn't see us winning the last match either.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Soon the tables would have turned & NZ will be favourites. Not sure on the weather tomorrow but if they are still batting past tea & we have to chase 300+ then the draw is also on if there is rain around tomorrow. 

We cant keep chasing 300 at 4+ an over and winning. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Soon the tables would have turned & NZ will be favourites. Not sure on the weather tomorrow but if they are still batting past tea & we have to chase 300+ then the draw is also on if there is rain around tomorrow. 

Forecast rain for the morning, but not a lot.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Forecast rain for the morning, but not a lot.
    Paul Daniels, lives again
  • Options
    What a catch 🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    10 wickets for Leach in the game!
  • Options
    Well done Jack
  • Options
    I could do what Leach is doing atm. No spin, just slow bowling that gets clipped, swept or pulled without fear of getting out.

Bracewell will be a different story tomorrow I bet. 
    Leach never looks like getting a wicket.
    He doesn't even look close to getting a wicket.
    arny23394 said:
    Leach never looks like getting a wicket.
    He doesn't even look close to getting a wicket.
    A really dreadful bowler. From the little I saw of Parkinson last week, he looked just as unthreatening. 

Leach v the New Zealand batsmen looks about as threatening as a palarse ultra at the Den.
    Well done to Jack Leach. It just shows that you can still compete even when some of the greatest judges write you off.  And well done to McCullum and Stokes for sticking with him. 
  • Options
    I wouldn't have said I'm a great judge, but you're probably right on reflection  :D
  • Options
    And in my defence the comment I made wasnt in this Test where its a bit more bowler friendly. 

But well played for going back over hundreds of texts to call people out over it 👏👏👏
  • Options
    These openers find all sorts of ways of not putting on a decent partnership. 
  • Options
    And in my defence the comment I made wasnt in this Test where its a bit more bowler friendly. 

But well played for going back over hundreds of texts to call people out over it 👏👏👏
    I've seen all 24 of Leach's Test performances and this is the first Test that I've ever thought he looked a threat.
    Long may it continue.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolutely brain dead two wickets for Crawley.  He can't play on Friday can he?
  • Options
    Crawley is one of the easiest England batsman to get/work out.
  • Options
    I don't see how you could pick Crawley for next week's test. He is so out of form...
  • Options
    Awful from Crawley...another shot that exposes what a technically and temperamentally limited player he is 
  • Options
    Although I agree with the Crawley to be dropped comments, who would come in though?
  • Options
    Although I agree with the Crawley to be dropped comments, who would come in though?
    Brooks, and move Bairstow to open.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    What !!!  Move a player who is in the form of his life...???
  • Options
    Williamson not giving a fig anymore. Burning 2 reviews in a single over. Neither of which looked at all Out. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    It's the Johnson question!  

McCullum and Stokes have got a problem here.  They should drop Crawley.  But there are two reasons I think they might decide against doing so.  First, on balance, they probably shouldn't bring in a new, untried batsman to face India in a must-win Test.  And, secondly, I think the new management might want to give Crawley - a player who perfectly fits their attacking ethos - as long as it takes to get him back into form.  

Ultimately, it might come down to whether they think Crawley's more likely to be a certainty to open next Summer by playing for Kent or for England.  And the new Managing Director of England cricket might have some advice for them in that regard. 
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    What !!!  Move a player who is in the form of his life...???
    Why not? We could do with some of that form opening up