Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    FFS stop trying to play through mid wicket instead of in the "V" Zak!!!
  • Options
    Jeez this is some spell from Boult 
  • Options
    Cant complain with 329 when they chose to bat first. Let's just hope we can stay competitive.....maybe even a lead  ?
    See Golfie - that's what happens when you choose to be optimistic. I almost prefer the old Golfie. Almost!
  • Options
    Pope clean bowled by Boult. 
    Hardly surprising because despite his century in the last test he is basically a middle order batsman having to come in in the 1st over of a test against a world class bowler.
  • Options
    Addick Addict said:
    Big wicket that right on lunch. The NZ score of 325-8 might prove to be more than useful on this wicket given that we have to bat last on it.
    And I didn't agree with NZ being the outside of three at 3/1 either on Betfair either at the beginning of our innings
    NZ are now 6/4 favourites of three. 
  • Options
    Pope clean bowled by Boult. 
    Hardly surprising because despite his century in the last test he is basically a middle order batsman having to come in in the 1st over of a test against a world class bowler.
    To be fair there aren't many batsmen that could with confidence play those balls from Boult today. In fact, if he were batting at 5, he might have been in by now anyway.
  • Options
    Boult is running through our top order. 
    Fantastic bowling 
  • Options
    It is time, if only for Crawley's mental health, that he is dropped now. I'm really not sure his confidence could be any lower and the only way to restore it is to take him out of the firing line.
  • Options
    When was the last time the first 3 were all bowled? 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Let alone by one bowler
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This makes the "plan" to Southee look even worse. 
  • Options
    21 for 4
    Root out
  • Options
    One last English hurrah for these two legends, probably
  • Options
    So... a 2-1 win v New Zealand I'd still an improvement, eh?
  • Options
    LOL - Stokes first ball giving it the charge!
  • Options
    It is time, if only for Crawley's mental health, that he is dropped now. I'm really not sure his confidence could be any lower and the only way to restore it is to take him out of the firing line.
    It's almost always better - especially for the player's mental health - to wait until the end of the match before dropping a player.  
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    1994 Athers, Stewie and Ramps against the west indies. 
  • Options
    Roman Walker having the game of his life against (and tbf also with) India, in other news - piling 'em on with Pant now
  • Options
    Absolutely spectacular new ball bowling from New Zealand.  I can't see any team coping easily with this spell.  It's easy to see how they became World Test Champions.  
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    It's almost always better - especially for the player's mental health - to wait until the end of the match before dropping a player.  
    Stuart MacGill retired in the middle of his final game tbf!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2022
    It must be said that Ben Stokes is proving himself to be an excellent captain.
    I had my doubts, as I think quite a few did but thus far he’s been top drawer in all departments. 🙂
    A bit reluctant on reviews I feel.
    I think Mitchell was on about 8 when he should have been out lbw & Stokes didn't review it.
    He looked out to me and he has been their batsman by some way.
    I thought it bizarre not to review.
  • Options
    Cant complain with 329 when they chose to bat first. Let's just hope we can stay competitive.....maybe even a lead  ?
    See Golfie - that's what happens when you choose to be optimistic. I almost prefer the old Golfie. Almost!
    Ok, I'll revert to type. 

I think today is where our attacking mode of play will come a cropper. One or both of these get out before tea then we might be lucky to get to 150. 

What is the follow on anyway...?
  • Options
    Our attacking mode of play is the only thing that can possibly save us here
  • Options
    JB's shot before drinks reminded me of an old saying.

" Fortune favours the brave".
  • Options
    Ok, I'll revert to type. 

I think today is where our attacking mode of play will come a cropper. One or both of these get out before tea then we might be lucky to get to 150. 

What is the follow on anyway...?

We need 130. NZ won't enforce it anyway as they won't want to be batting last.
  • Options
    Bairstow & Stokes in T20 mode again!!!
  • Options
    Addick Addict said:
    Big wicket that right on lunch. The NZ score of 325-8 might prove to be more than useful on this wicket given that we have to bat last on it.
    And I didn't agree with NZ being the outside of three at 3/1 either on Betfair either at the beginning of our innings
    I thought the same and used my £1 Virgin free bet on NZ at 5/2.
  • Options
    just come out of a meeting since we got them all out. What fresh hell is this?
  • Options
    Stokes and Bairstow are batting as if they're trying to set up a declaration some time after tea
  • Options
    *were