Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    A top order batsman burning a review yet again
  • Options
    Awful review from Young, was absolutely plumb. Don't rate Leach but would love to see him have a cracker. 
  • Options
    Sensational from Broad this morning. Unlucky from Foakes not to cling on to that inside edge
  • Options
    Ridiculous that England lose a review for that LBW. No chance he's hit that before the ball hit the pad. I don't care that its too expensive, bring back hotspot 
  • Options
    Ridiculous that England lose a review for that LBW. No chance he's hit that before the ball hit the pad. I don't care that its too expensive, bring back hotspot 
    To be honest was a real umpire’s call on that one. The frame of it hitting the bat and hitting the pad were the same. Agreed, maybe shouldn’t have lost the review but not out all the same. 
  • Options
    To be honest was a real umpire’s call on that one. The frame of it hitting the bat and hitting the pad were the same. Agreed, maybe shouldn’t have lost the review but not out all the same. 
    Yeah i've not got so much of a problem with the not out. Just think its silly to lose a review for a guess 
  • Options
    Potts been a bit unlucky today
  • Options
    How have they talked themselves out of reviewing that!? You've got 2 left ffs
  • Options
    Probably the weirdest wicket I’ve ever seen in my life 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mitchell can't stop middling the ball  :D
  • Options
    Mitchell has been such a hinderance to the rest of his team in this series. Dropped catches, throwing the ball fake celebrating, run outs and not middled one off Nicholls hahaha.
  • Options
    Never seen anything like that dismissal in over 50 years of watching cricket. 
    I doubt there will be another like it in the next 50 years. 
  • Options
    We must have the Hex over NZ. 3 years ago a run out opportunity deflected off Stokes' bat & went for an extra 4 runs. Here a bat deflects a ball straight to a fielder. 

Unbelievable Jeff  !
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    But we deserved a wicket. DRS should have given us one when the tv umpire didn't overturn a Not Out and then we didnt review one that was hitting middle & leg. 
  • Options
    shades of Stokes' 'ricochet boundary' in the World Cup final .. also v NZ
  • Options
    But we deserved a wicket. DRS should have given us one when the tv umpire didn't overturn a Not Out and then we didnt review one that was hitting middle & leg. 
    I think there was enough doubt there to stick with the on field umpires decision. for me it was coming back in and hit the pad first but they happened in the same frame so impossible to prove. What is ridiculous is that we lost a review for it. 

Nasser did make a good point though. On what grounds did he say not out? was it due to the inside edge or did he think it was missing/going over? makes a difference to what you are overturning.
  • Options
    Well done Daryl Mitchell for yet another hundred. He now holds two records - for being the first New Zealand batsman to hit three tons in consecutive Tests against England and the record number of runs with 479 to date (for only three times out) for a New Zealander in a series in England.
  • Options
    Southee's in. Are we doing the dumbfuck short-ball tactic again? Oh of course we are
  • Options
    If a tactic isn't working, keep doing it until it still isn't working!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    flogging the middle of the pitch against a moderate batting side while bitching constantly about the ball being soft (go figure!!) and spilling catches left and right
    thick as pigshit
    Here's the new boss, same as the old boss.

At least the new (crocked) captain can catch the ball
  • Options
    Big wicket that right on lunch. The NZ score of 325-8 might prove to be more than useful on this wicket given that we have to bat last on it.
  • Options
    It must be said that Ben Stokes is proving himself to be an excellent captain.
    I had my doubts, as I think quite a few did but thus far he’s been top drawer in all departments. 🙂
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    flogging the middle of the pitch against a moderate batting side while bitching constantly about the ball being soft (go figure!!) and spilling catches left and right
    thick as pigshit
    Here's the new boss, same as the old boss.

At least the new (crocked) captain can catch the ball
    FFS……go back to bed Billy.🥹
  • Options
    Catches win matches. Foakes made a mistake and bairstow should’ve gone both handed, was a real keeper-in-the-slips type effort. 
  • Options
    Well done Daryl Mitchell for yet another hundred. He now holds two records - for being the first New Zealand batsman to hit three tons in consecutive Tests against England and the record number of runs with 479 to date (for only three times out) for a New Zealander in a series in England.
    sign him up Kent !!  :)
  • Options
    amazing catch from bairstow, well done jack leach, has bowled brilliantly in this first innings. 
  • Options
    Cant complain with 329 when they chose to bat first. Let's just hope we can stay competitive.....maybe even a lead  ?
  • Options
    Great start.
  • Options
    Addick Addict said:
    Big wicket that right on lunch. The NZ score of 325-8 might prove to be more than useful on this wicket given that we have to bat last on it.
    And I didn't agree with NZ being the outside of three at 3/1 either on Betfair either at the beginning of our innings