Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    Absolutely passing it down where I am about 10 miles away, hope we get these last few balls in
  • Options
    Or nick the last one out

• Options
    What a bizarre result
  • Options
    Well done England. And brilliant performance in the field by the captain. Defending a very poor score is very satisfying!
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Tomorrow: many English reports on how the ODI is not dead as a format 
    Only domestically
    Lack of a one day comp doesn’t seem to be affecting them atm. 
    Really?

So being all out inside the allotted overs in five consecutive games and losing 202 balls is doing well?

Losing three of those five home matches is doing well?

Are these averages from our top seven in those five games doing well?

Bairstow 27.20
    Buttler 25.00
    Roy 24.20
    Livingstone 21.60
    Moeen 20.80
    Root 19.40
    Salt 17.00
    Stokes 6.67

But everything will be OK because in a week or so these players will be able to concentrate on The Hundred - while loads of club players (114 last year) can make their debut in the Royal - the 50 over comp

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Tomorrow: many English reports on how the ODI is not dead as a format 
    Only domestically
    Lack of a one day comp doesn’t seem to be affecting them atm. 
    Really?

So being all out inside the allotted overs in five consecutive games and losing 202 balls is doing well?

Losing three of those five home matches is doing well?

Are these averages from our top seven in those five games doing well?

Bairstow 27.20
    Buttler 25.00
    Roy 24.20
    Livingstone 21.60
    Moeen 20.80
    Root 19.40
    Salt 17.00
    Stokes 6.67

But everything will be OK because in a week or so these players will be able to concentrate on The Hundred - while loads of club players (114 last year) can make their debut in the Royal - the 50 over comp

Absolutely we are in a rebuilding phase

Next few weeks  will give the 100 guys a chance to practice their teeing off so they can go strong from ball 1 . For the Royal London players it gives them a chance to impress. Could be the first positive steps in the pro game for some. 

What’s not to love about the next few weeks ! 
  • Options
    time for the 50 game to be reduced to 40 overs .. cut out the 'boring' middle overs .. the Gillette cup started as a 60 over game and there has been a general reduction in the 'popular one day games' ever since .. the 50 over bash is an outmoded format well due for a rethink/reset/reduction .. lovely win for England at Old Traf .. great performance in the field .. Topley the man of the moment .. keep fit Reece .. 
     interesting how all three England left arm pacers are sons of well known retired talented right handers .. perhaps a case of don't do what I do !!
  • Options
    time for the 50 game to be reduced to 40 overs .. cut out the 'boring' middle overs .. the Gillette cup started as a 60 over game and there has been a general reduction in the 'popular one day games' ever since .. the 50 over bash is an outmoded format well due for a rethink/reset/reduction .. lovely win for England at Old Traf .. great performance in the field .. Topley the man of the moment .. keep fit Reece .. 
     interesting how all three England left arm pacers are sons of well known retired talented right handers .. perhaps a case of don't do what I do !!
    I think the Gillette cup started as 65 overs, but teams used to bowl there overs much quicker those days
  • Options
    I think the Gillette cup started as 65 overs, but teams used to bowl there overs much quicker those days
    you're right, 65 in the early days .. I believe the bowlers' runs ups were restricted to a maximum length which ensured a decent over rate, allied to a time limit per innings .. IF IF memory serves
  • Options
    you're right, 65 in the early days .. I believe the bowlers' runs ups were restricted to a maximum length which ensured a decent over rate, allied to a time limit per innings .. IF IF memory serves
    I think the bowlers' run ups were only shortened for Sunday League (40 overs) games. This was implemented because the matches started at 2pm, and they needed to fit in up to 80 overs before dusk. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:
    I think the bowlers' run ups were only shortened for Sunday League (40 overs) games. This was implemented because the matches started at 2pm, and they needed to fit in up to 80 overs before dusk. 
    I used to love Sunday League games. The right length of game to make a decent day out at the cricket, but not too long and the later start meaning you could have a relaxed start on Sunday 
  • Options
    Pissed off with the BBC.

Checked at 10.35 to see what time the game was starting and saw it was 11am. Then saw they said that SA had won the toss & will bowl. 

Jumped in the shower & got ready so that I could see our openers thrash the ball around from 11am only to turn on the tv & find SA batting.

Not much to ask from them to actually type the right info online. Feckers.
  • Options
    Pissed off with the BBC.

Checked at 10.35 to see what time the game was starting and saw it was 11am. Then saw they said that SA had won the toss & will bowl. 

Jumped in the shower & got ready so that I could see our openers thrash the ball around from 11am only to turn on the tv & find SA batting.

They will bowl. Just not yet. 
  • Options
    If only we'd played these last 2 ODIs down south, we might have got some of that much needed rain!
  • Options
    Match abandoned.

Manchester - reduced to 29 overs each
    Leeds - abandoned.

Whereas in London it's been 30° and no rain for weeks. 

What is it with the north. 

• Options
    Match abandoned.

Manchester - reduced to 29 overs each
    Leeds - abandoned.

Whereas in London it's been 30° and no rain for weeks. 

What is it with the north. 

Still at least you got a shower
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Pissed off with the BBC.

They will bowl. Just not yet today. 

• Options
    Jos Buttler is a useless tosser

He's lost 8 in a row  :D
  • Options
    Malan going well 22 of 12
  • Options
    33 off an over, an England record. Moeen gets a fifty of 16 balls, another England record 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    massacre !! .. BUT SA have some big hitters as well ..  trouble is the big hitters can't catch and owe a lot before they even get to the crease
  • Options
    Quinton de Kocks up
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Topley on Top
  • Options
    SA now 7-2. Their chances of getting 234 don't look great.
  • Options
    Super catch that, but SA still in it.
  • Options
    Stubbs looks like he's going to be great 
  • Options
    Stubbs looks a real find 
  • Options
    Excellent innings from Stubbs. At 21, he looks like he has a very bright future
  • Options
    Decent game and entertainment that. Too many white ball international games this summer have been low scoring on turgid pitches.