Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who bought all the tickets?

Regular at the Valley, but it seems to be getting harder by the game to buy the usual NW block seats - or tickets just generally. I know my grandson's local club in Chislehurst is being showered with freebies, and kids for a quid must be having an effect, but how often have we almost had a sellout against Oxford United? Apologies if this is already an ongoing thread but this must result in some well peed-off season ticket holders as well as those of us coming from afar for our dozen or so games a season. Mind, many more performances like the last two and they won't even be able to give 'em away. 

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2022
    They can’t give them away. The last home game clearly showed that up with the fantasy figure of 22000 given, when 8000 of those were unused. 

• Options
    I couldn’t find two seats together in the West and AC Stands for Saturday. Spoke to the ticket office who confirmed what I was seeing online was what they were going by. They said it was likely to be the free comps and kids for a quid promotion. Be interesting to see how full those stands are at the game.
  • Options
    Regular at the Valley, but it seems to be getting harder by the game to buy the usual NW block seats - or tickets just generally. I know my grandson's local club in Chislehurst is being showered with freebies, and kids for a quid must be having an effect, but how often have we almost had a sellout against Oxford United? Apologies if this is already an ongoing thread but this must result in some well peed-off season ticket holders as well as those of us coming from afar for our dozen or so games a season. Mind, many more performances like the last two and they won't even be able to give 'em away. 
    Well theres no chance of @ElfsborgAddick buying one
  • Options
    Best bet is to buy a spot and just sit where you want. NU J block rarely has seats as pairs online but tonnes are empty when you arrive. 
  • Options
    Does anyone know how to get the torch on an old iphone 6?
    Sellotape ?
    Cheers 
    i fucking hate being left out 
    Jesus. I think you need a new case. Or stop feeding your phone to rats.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    shine166 said:
    Best bet is to buy a spot and just sit where you want. NU J block rarely has seats as pairs online but tonnes are empty when you arrive. 
    I agree, I can't believe for one second that the home areas will be more than 70% full and I doubt that.
    Buy 2 tickets and end up sitting together in the vast wasteland of empty seats.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    …And my Nokia 3310?
  • Options
    Sellotape ?
    Cheers 
    i fucking hate being left out 
    Thats a blacklight, what ever you do don't shine it on your train magazines.
  • Options
    I suppose if it's Kids for a £1 then your sons qualify.
  • Options
    Well, can anybody predict a correlation between the forecast on Saturday and complimentary tickets. 
  • Options
    I couldn’t find two seats together in the West and AC Stands for Saturday. Spoke to the ticket office who confirmed what I was seeing online was what they were going by. They said it was likely to be the free comps and kids for a quid promotion. Be interesting to see how full those stands are at the game.

Buy 2 Separate tickets. I  guarantee you will find 2 seats together in the AC Stand on saturday, especially down towards the Jimmy Seed Stand.
  • Options
    There's an iPhone 6?
  • Options
    Theres a torch?
  • Options
    there is something up with the club ticketing site - its showing we are nearly sold out for saturday and even given the comp and season ticket
    no shows, it won't be close to that, will it?   
  • Options
    aren't the a and b blocks still not on sale ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Kid for a Quid for U11s will generate a few hundred sales. It’s not driving this. This is just dumping free tickets on people who don’t want them.
  • Options
    Madness, can’t see all this helping next seasons, season ticket push.

Whoever is behind this is clueless.
  • Options
    I know quite alot of people who've received comps and had a really positive experience. now they have been back alot on comps or with kids for a quid. so its not all bad. I'm sure it will stick for some and for others they may well become occasional attenders, so it's not all bad. I think, if we can put a successful team together next season, do some more strategic comps then it could build some great support. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    There are always people hanging around the ticket office selling their complementary tickets. They aren’t your normal ticket touts - middle class and selling a 26 quid ticket for a fiver. Works for me ! 
  • Options
    there was definitely more than airman's few hundred extra kid for a quid people at the last game so i've no doubt that the offers are working in getting more bodies in but i looked on the ticket site before the last game and a lot of areas were virtually sold out but in the ground they weren't but it wasn't like big chunks which you would expect if they had dumped tickets - it was more general gaps everywhere - strange - wonder if the ticket system is malfunctioning.   
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    DOUCHER said:
    there was definitely more than airman's few hundred extra kid for a quid people at the last game so i've no doubt that the offers are working in getting more bodies in but i looked on the ticket site before the last game and a lot of areas were virtually sold out but in the ground they weren't but it wasn't like big chunks which you would expect if they had dumped tickets - it was more general gaps everywhere - strange - wonder if the ticket system is malfunctioning.   
    They are issuing vast numbers of tickets to groups that only want a few. Hence you get large gaps in each area. At the last game there were 8,000 unused tickets - some will be season tickets but nobody would imagine that is the majority.

You wouldn’t know who attended on KFAQ and who had comps issued via primary schools, but we have enough experience of KFAQ to know that it is not significant relative to these numbers when restricted to U11s.

For Saturday there are virtually no seats available except in the Covered End, and then not many, while four side blocks are apparently not available although it is equally possible they have been issued as comps too. If not it is foolish that these blocks are not available to buy. 
  • Options
    My block in the lower west is showing as completely solid out. Be interesting to see if there are empty seats come 3.22 on Saturday (post late arrivals and pre half time snack breaks! ).