Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who bought all the tickets?

Comments

• Options
    I think the next Fans' Forum meeting , due I believe to take place next month, is the best place to air your views AND your thoughts on how best to take the "fill The Valley" project forward. 
  • Options
    I would expect a very low real attendance tomorrow night due to the weather , the season over and they aren’t a real club and won’t bring any support ! 
  • Options
    I would expect a very low real attendance tomorrow night due to the weather , the season over and they aren’t a real club and won’t bring any support ! 
    The season is not over though.
    Even though I did say the season is over myself  a couple of times.
    We need to finish this season as high up the league as we can.
    The rest of this season is going to have a big impact I believe on next season.
    At the moment to be getting 11000 home fans through the turnstiles and taking 1000 away is brilliant,  considering the position we are in.
    If our performances ,results continue the way they are for the rest of the season how many season tickets , people through the gates will we see next season?
    So although I also thought this season is over, it's far from over.

• Options
    clb74 said:
    At the moment to be getting 11000 home fans through the turnstiles and taking 1000 away is brilliant,  considering the position we are in.
    If our performances ,results continue the way they are for the rest of the season how many season tickets , people through the gates will we see next season?

Over and out.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I think us fans can now sniff out a snake oil salesman, let's face it we've seen a few cowboys roll into the Valley. Sandguard's ownership of Charlton is unravelling both on and off the pitch. He rolled into the Valley charmed us, promised the earth, told us he'd blow the season away and then what? Does he even have any real money to invest? He's struggling to run our football club and doesn't have the right people to even do the basics right, from a CEO, down. 
    The freebie tickets is a prime example of a chaotically run club, the  scattergun effect of 10,000 free tickets being thrown in the air, with no clear marketing strategy is madness!  Brilliant try and get locals along but then end up, pissing off your core fan base, who invest in season tickets and paying to support the team. I've given my season ticket to my son's friend tonight so they can sit together, as only 6 tickets are now left for sale in my block tonight, I'll spend £10 watching on Charlton TV instead.  Even though the ground will end up being half empty! This season is in real danger of turning toxic and all the goodwill towards Sandguard evaporating into the mists of the Thames. Will he even be around next season with his US company Zynex tanking on the stock market? 
  • Options
    A shame Sandgaard is getting hammered when he seems to have the best intentions.
    Constructive criticism 
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Disagree, not sure it matters much where we finish if it’s between 7th and 20th, the outcome is the same. Indeed, a lower league position might even focus some minds in the clubs leadership on how far away the squad currently is from being able to compete for promotion. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Based on Saturday, Will be interesting to see if tonight’s attendance is giving out as 8/9k or not
  • Options
    Based on Saturday, Will be interesting to see if tonight’s attendance is giving out as 8/9k or not
    Thomas's wife said this at the weekend:

"To be fair… We read and listened to what fans shared through social media the last few games. We made certain that for this game, and all going forward l, that we report the attendance “through the gate.”

So I assume it will be reported correctly tonight, if we are lucky some red heart emoji's might be added as well.
  • Options
    Never mind who bought all the tickets, who ate all the pies?
  • Options
    fadgadget said:
    Wanted to take my Grandkids for their first game , but couldn't find any where we could all sit as it was showing pretty much sold out .
    Dodged a bullet by the sounds of it !  
    In a half-full ground. Criminal. I did take my grandkids, paying full whack to experience the delights of an admittedly subdued Covered End for the first time in many a year, while contemplating the sold-out empty wastes where we'd normally sit,  More fool those who coughed up for a match programme as well - the place was littered with them at the end, so they must even be giving those away. The joy of driving back to West Oxfordshire with two opposition fans in the back was unconfined. This freebie farce reminds me of failing newspapers dumping complimentary copies at airports and hotels to massage falling circulations. Off the pitch, at least, let's stop acting like a failing football club. 
  • Options
  • Options
    See Club Statement on the shambles they probably realise this is an own goal as why buy a season ticket as freebies going every week and people sit where they want. 
    Interesting to see what Thomas says. Bet this hasn’t lived up to his expectations! 
  • Options
    Do the club really expect us to believe that there were 12.000 Charlton fans in the ground on Saturday?
    Upper west virtually empty. Lower west in the middle sections loads of empty seats and most telling of all, the spaces in the lower covered end. 
  • Options
    Looks like 7000 tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    8087 present yet people couldn’t buy a ticket. FFS!!!  Club is run by amateurs. 
  • Options
    As a season ticket holder who lives 500+ miles away, I do not expect to attend every home game. However, I’d much rather I was counted in the attendance regardless seeing as I have paid. 
    I agree that PAID for tickets should be in the attendance. Now we've announced an 8000 crowd when we've got nearly 10,000 ST holders.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I'm going to take a week off work I think and ask that my boss puts me down as attending the whole week, seeing as am already employed by them.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    As a season ticket holder who lives 500+ miles away, I do not expect to attend every home game. However, I’d much rather I was counted in the attendance regardless seeing as I have paid. 
    I agree that PAID for tickets should be in the attendance. Now we've announced an 8000 crowd when we've got nearly 10,000 ST holders.
    Yes, because 2000 of them didn't attend.
  • Options
    why cant they announce : 

18500 tickets sold/issued
    9378 in attendance
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    Do you know what 'attendance' means ?