Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who bought all the tickets?

Comments

• Options
    shine166 said:
    Ferryman said:
    As a season ticket holder who lives 500+ miles away, I do not expect to attend every home game. However, I’d much rather I was counted in the attendance regardless seeing as I have paid. 
    I agree that PAID for tickets should be in the attendance. Now we've announced an 8000 crowd when we've got nearly 10,000 ST holders.
    Do you know what 'attendance' means ? 
    But that's not how attendance figures are quoted elsewhere. They're based on tickets sold

Back in the PL days when we sold out, the ground would NEVER actually have been 100% full, as there would always be ST holders who couldn't make the game (holidays, sickness etc) but the issued attendance would be the ground capacity
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    shine166 said:
    Ferryman said:
    As a season ticket holder who lives 500+ miles away, I do not expect to attend every home game. However, I’d much rather I was counted in the attendance regardless seeing as I have paid. 
    I agree that PAID for tickets should be in the attendance. Now we've announced an 8000 crowd when we've got nearly 10,000 ST holders.
    But that's not how attendance figures are quoted elsewhere. They're based on tickets sold

Back in the PL days when we sold out, the ground would NEVER actually have been 100% full, as there would always be ST holders who couldn't make the game (holidays, sickness etc) but the issued attendance would be the ground capacity
    You are correct and it would probably still be the case had the owners of the club not decided to flood the SE with over 10,000 free tickets in a way where it was not monitored. The result has been some silly attendance figures being announced because they took into account all of the thousands of tickets they gave away would be used.

The owners wife took to Facebook at the weekend and issued a statement saying they recognise their mistake and the fans frustration so the attendance figures to be released from the Oxford game onwards will be based on "through the gate"

So if you are in the ground you will be counted, if you do not attend you won't be counted.    
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Ferryman said:

You are correct and it would probably still be the case had the owners of the club not decided to flood the SE with over 10,000 free tickets in a way where it was not monitored. The result has been some silly attendance figures being announced because they took into account all of the thousands of tickets they gave away would be used.

The owners wife took to Facebook at the weekend and issued a statement saying they recognise their mistake and the fans frustration so the attendance figures to be released from the Oxford game onwards will be based on "through the gate"

So if you are in the ground you will be counted, if you do not attend you won't be counted.    
    The correct way of declaring attendances is surely to include

a) those who paid for a ticket and attended
    b) those who paid for a ticket and didn't attend
    c) those who were given free tickets AND attended

It's people who were given free tickets and DIDN'T attend which made the declared attendances make believe.
  • Options
    Belv said:
    Ferryman said:
    Yes, because 2000 of them didn't attend.
    Way more than that.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Ferryman said:

It's people who were given free tickets and DIDN'T attend which made the declared attendances make believe.
    I am just the messenger and I am not on Facebook so maybe you could put this idea to the club.
  • Options
    Belv said:
    But you wasn't in attendance.

Unfortunately I was last night! And Saturday…
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    shine166 said:
    Ferryman said:

There are people with complimentary season tickets, including staff, so there’s one complication for you. They won’t all be used.

The club can announce anything it likes but the return to the EFL has a specific format so there will be an official record including all comps. 

In practice, I don’t know how easy it is to separate out non-attending STs from non-attending comp holders. The turnstile count, itself adjusted for people who don’t enter via turnstiles, is readily available.
  • Options
    Advertised on a local facebook group.

• Options
    clive said:

Dont wind me up Clive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely the club can work out who received those ? 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    The organization that received them, seems to have passed them onto a shop in Woolwich.
  • Options
    clive said:
    shine166 said:
    The organization that received them, seems to have passed them onto a shop in Woolwich.
    You couldn’t make it up, astonishing.
  • Options
    Forgive me f I'm wrong here but I thought someone ( Airman Brown ?) posted that CACT was responsible for distributing the freebies.
  • Options
    clive said:

This is just asking for trouble. Hundreds of Sunderland fans in the home areas anyone? Bloody stupid, if you ask me
  • Options
    Forgive me f I'm wrong here but I thought someone ( Airman Brown ?) posted that CACT was responsible for distributing the freebies.
    Some, not all. 
  • Options
    This is not only diluting down season tickets but the value of a match day ticket as well. People who would normally pay will gain access to these so it’s not extra fans attending, it’s the same fans for free.
  • Options
    This is starting to annoy me now. It's Sunderland at home, not Crewe

Here is the original ad:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    So these have been distributed via the Panas Helping Hands Community Group, linked to the Panas restaurant who carried out all the free meals to the NHS etc during the lockdown and have been forging links with the club in recent months.

The tickets have been posted on a Plumstead Community page and Plumstead locals are requesting them? 

Is that not the point of these ticket dumps to get locals coming to The Valley? 
    Yeah I get the general grumpiness about the free tickets but I think is being a little misguided/disingenuous here…
  • Options
    Wonder how many people are now taking a photo of that bar code, 137 people will now be pointing at seat 26 in row P shouting “your in my seat”
  • Options
    So these have been distributed via the Panas Helping Hands Community Group, linked to the Panas restaurant who carried out all the free meals to the NHS etc during the lockdown and have been forging links with the club in recent months.

The tickets have been posted on a Plumstead Community page and Plumstead locals are requesting them? 

I tend to agree, but I wonder how many of these will be sold below ticket price outside the ground tomorrow, the same as for the previous games?
  • Options
    These consultants as mentioned by the owner last night are first class. It’s Sunderland not Scunthorpe! How many London based Mackams will be going down to Plumstead Road on the off chance they could pick up a free ticket? 
  • Options
    Pico said:
    Some, not all. 
    Jason Morgan told me this week that CACT get 500 comps to distribute as they see fit. I was recently able to get 20 which were well appreciated by Greenwich Syrian refugee families. 

He stressed this was totally separate from any Fill The Valley distributions.
    Thanks for the clarification.
  • Options

But isn’t the point that this is not the only pile of tickets sitting around the day before the game. Someone mentioned the other day a group in Leatherhead that had 200 plus tickets. Meanwhile people that want to buy a ticket can’t as its ‘sold out’.Scattergun approach won’t work in the long run. 
  • Options
    Disgusting - I will get a ticket for a fiver as usual as the middle classes sell around the box office 
    I have. 2 season tickets what the F is going on?