Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who bought all the tickets?

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    It looked and felt like a lot more than 10k today - must have been a lot of freebies again - it was full all around us in the East Stand
    Saw a kid in a full De Gea GK kit today...

I didn't see the front so I assume it was a Man U kit, unless Thomas has decided to splash the cash to solve our defensive issues

Saw a family with dad and son in qpr shirts before the game.  Unique.

I pretended in my head we aren't shite and I was heading into a top half championship london derby clash.  (QPR beat us 1- 0 after a disappointing defensive mix up late on.)
  • Options
    It looked and felt like a lot more than 10k today - must have been a lot of freebies again - it was full all around us in the East Stand
    Saw a kid in a full De Gea GK kit today...

I didn't see the front so I assume it was a Man U kit, unless Thomas has decided to splash the cash to solve our defensive issues

Saw a family with dad and son in qpr shirts before the game.  Unique.

I pretended in my head we aren't shite and I was heading into a top half championship london derby clash.  (QPR beat us 1- 0 after a disappointing defensive mix up late on.)
    I've seen a bit of this on socials fans turning up us despite supporting other teams simply because it's cheap/free football.

It's so sad to me that we have to do this and that the club think it's a good idea - bums on seats at all cost.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    The consultant has been ringing round asking people to take them. I saw a pack this afternoon.

I received a phone call from the club on Wednesday afternoon about handing out these leaflets as I had sent an email to the club about how to go along with the ticketing prices for next season. Admittedly I was invited to one of those meetings but living in West London with an hour’s notice to attend was always going to be a hard push in the rush hour,

The plan was to collect a bag of 200 leaflets advertising the Shrewsbury game and season tickets for next season at 2pm today from the West Stand reception area where the club then  wanted a photo of those individuals with there bags. 

I passed on the idea for 2 reasons as it would have spoiled by pre match drinking time and I don’t want a photo when I’m being against the way the club has dealt with the freebie situation this season.

Okay I could still collect said bag but unless I distribute them through letter boxes in SE7, no offence but I can’t believe anyone in West London would be interested in a mid table League one club, when the vast majority support Chelsea, QPR, Fulham and Brentford 

The good doctor (Raelynn) and the fans adviser were also copied into the email I received 

The goodwill is there from the club but it’s the execution of it I’m struggling to see 

Suspect the photo was more important to them than the execution. It’s nonsense.

Am I missing something here? what's the point of this?

Is it simply to use loyal fans as cheap labour and a free form of distribution because they can't be bothered?

To me this again feels like a slap in the face or fans and of them simply not reading the room. If I was called and asked to work for them in giving away more discounted tickets after the way they have treated ST holders, they would have got nothing but a verbal volley from me
  • Options
    Since since when did Charlton go all northern? 
    What is this shite word that keeps appearing?
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    shirty5 said:
    The consultant has been ringing round asking people to take them. I saw a pack this afternoon.

I received a phone call from the club on Wednesday afternoon about handing out these leaflets as I had sent an email to the club about how to go along with the ticketing prices for next season. Admittedly I was invited to one of those meetings but living in West London with an hour’s notice to attend was always going to be a hard push in the rush hour,

The plan was to collect a bag of 200 leaflets advertising the Shrewsbury game and season tickets for next season at 2pm today from the West Stand reception area where the club then  wanted a photo of those individuals with there bags. 

I passed on the idea for 2 reasons as it would have spoiled by pre match drinking time and I don’t want a photo when I’m being against the way the club has dealt with the freebie situation this season.

Okay I could still collect said bag but unless I distribute them through letter boxes in SE7, no offence but I can’t believe anyone in West London would be interested in a mid table League one club, when the vast majority support Chelsea, QPR, Fulham and Brentford 

The good doctor (Raelynn) and the fans adviser were also copied into the email I received 

The goodwill is there from the club but it’s the execution of it I’m struggling to see 

Suspect the photo was more important to them than the execution. It’s nonsense.

Am I missing something here? what's the point of this?

Is it simply to use loyal fans as cheap labour and a free form of distribution because they can't be bothered?

To me this again feels like a slap in the face or fans and of them simply not reading the room. If I was called and asked to work for them in giving away more discounted tickets after the way they have treated ST holders, they would have got nothing but a verbal volley from me
    The leaflets are referencing full price tickets.
  • Options
    ROTW said:

Sorry duck. Will be better in t' future.
  • Options
    Utilising fans was brought up during the last FF meeting so it's good that the club finally appear to be listening and acting, however I do agree with Airman that doing this for a dead rubber seems strange. Still, it's a start I suppose
  • Options
    ROTW said:
    It's for effect.  The extra "e" infers an extra level of shiteness... which we bottom out week on week.