Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who bought all the tickets?

Comments

• Options
    I can't help but find it embarrassing 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Honest question. Would you guys/girls prefer:

A) Some blocks in our Stands to be closed off due to lack of demand in home games.

B) Complimentary tickets given to schools/communities to help boost the attendance and keep these blocks open.

Personally I am with B.
    Plan B is a sure way to piss off all those who have season tickets or have paid to get in
    Plan A is economically sensible but seeing blocked off areas is so depressing

The best way to ensure terrific attendances is to play good attractive and (MOST importantly) winning football
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Tbf the consultant dealing with this has his task cut out for him as the club have no data at all on who has had tickets in the past (I thought TK was in charge of that???) So in effect he is building a database from ground up and has been actively following up all tickets distributed and used / not used. 

I must admit though seeing images like that on social media is still not a good look and does untold damage to future ticket sales.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Maccn05 said:
    I smell BS and arse covering... If they have given x2 to 50 fans then why does this lad have a whole bunch?

But secondly if they have been distributed correctly then how are they tracking the data and particularly the +1. Can anyone actually vouch for having their details taken.

Another reason I won't part with my cash for x3 season tickets.
    I’m guessing the guy with all the tickets was the one entrusted to dole them out. Took a poorly judged picture, posted it on social media (because that’s what you do these days) and within minutes the club are having to make an official statement. 
    ...and we have a winner
  • Options
    This is the original tweet that went up around 4:15pm yesterday afternoon. Now which reads nothing like the other tweet from the club about the university 🤔😐 Two hours later Ryan deleted his tweet. Hopefully his mate can spell Greenwich 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The club have a real "crap idea on Dragon's Den" type attitude on this.

It's not a good idea.
    It's been pointed out in very reasonable ways why it's a bad idea.
    They shrug, decide they're right, everyone else is wrong and just plough on anyway.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    Tbf the consultant dealing with this has his task cut out for him as the club have no data at all on who has had tickets in the past (I thought TK was in charge of that???) So in effect he is building a database from ground up and has been actively following up all tickets distributed and used / not used. 

I must admit though seeing images like that on social media is still not a good look and does untold damage to future ticket sales.
    It’s not a good look. Promises to deal with it better from the club as of the 11th March. Saturday the club put next season tickets on sale and by the Thursday of the same week we have a photo up there with the Plumstead Road shop one.

Are they learning from what was said to them? 
  • Options
    We really are run by a bunch of idiots. It’s just a mass flood the market with freebies that nobody wants.

Lazy, incompetent and down right ludicrous.
  • Options

Couldn’t have put it better myself 😉
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    This is the original tweet that went up around 4:15pm yesterday afternoon. Now which reads nothing like the other tweet from the club about the university 🤔😐 Two hours later Ryan deleted his tweet. Hopefully his mate can spell Greenwich 

Its clear that Ryan does not attend Uni with that grammar and spelling.
  • Options
    I think that the whole idea of just giving thousands of tickets away free is to inflate the official attendance figure. TS has already mentioned attracting bigger club sponsors which will be easier with high attendance figures. Let's hope that any potential sponsor doesn't actually attend any match before they sign.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2022
  • Options
    Thank god Morecombe is my last game of the season. Tbh if I hadn't planned weeks ago for a mate to come, I'd be done for the year. 
  • Options
    Got you down for four season tickets next season  mate
  • Options
    They know it worked for Plymouth, Cambridge and Ipswich games. Why not let St holders distribute and forward in advance names and addresses of those attending. 

It really is not difficult. 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    They know it worked for Plymouth, Cambridge and Ipswich games. Why not let St holders distribute and forward in advance names and addresses of those attending. 

It really is not difficult. 
    It might work as a one-off but that approach has diminishing returns. It’s also a great way of cannibalising your revenue because season ticket holders are likely to hand free tickets to fans who would have paid or at any rate do pay. I asked what the ticket revenue was against Plymouth against anticipated to test that out, but wasn’t convinced they’d even considered that.

Suspect there are GDPR issues with collecting the data as you suggest too.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Its clear that Ryan does not attend Uni with that grammar and spelling.
    Ryan didn’t say he went to Uni… don’t be such a snob!
  • Options
    Club can’t even bullshit properly now. The clarification statement is nonsense. Rubashow has been on Facebook attempting to justify it and been torn a new one by a supporter who is a professional marketing person.  Despite the “apology” statement a few weeks ago, Fill the Valley is alive and well. When will TS realise that the only people who want to watch lower league 1 crap are the diminishing group of people who already pay to do so. Done properly with appropriate post GDPR data capture provisions, a modest targeted free ticket scheme can work and provide benefits to the club and deserving groups. But this is half arsed, amateur and pissing off the diminishing paying support. They never learn. 
    The key point here is the fan responding is a marketing professional.

Our media, commercial and marketing teams do a very good job of proving themselves to be the complete opposite.

Outside of the amazing Tracy Leaburn, it’s seems like the club employ a bunch of halfwits.

Embarrassing and the nail in the coffin on my season tickets 
  • Options
    The brain capacity of our staff has never been a factor for me in buying a season ticket .

• Options
    shine166 said:
    Said it 1000 times, but if you want to give away 100s of tickets each week. Get on the phone, call the data base and try convince actual fans to return by giving them the comps. 
    You are right!