Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Milton Keynes | Tuesday 22 February 2022 7.45 ko

Comments

• Options
    Decided to stick by the team by going to the match tonight despite Saturday’s shambles. But as my train gets nearer Charlton, I’m struggling to build any real enthusiasm. How can Gunter justify a place?
  • Options
    I have a kind of macabre fascination about tonight's game so I will watch it but not expecting much. I hope someone has checked that his start tonight doesnt trigger a contract extension for Gunter. Atleast we have players in the main in their positions so who knows we might see a better game
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I see that after a run of defeats Jacko has just copied Adkins & gone for the wholesale change strategy.

As they say.......imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Jacko should have left with Adkins. No new ideas, just same old same old when the chips are down. 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I have a kind of macabre fascination about tonight's game so I will watch it but not expecting much. I hope someone has checked that his start tonight doesnt trigger a contract extension for Gunter. Atleast we have players in the main in their positions so who knows we might see a better game
    Lol, can I have some of those straws your clutching mate!😜
  • Options
    That bench is so weak it's like the days of the embargo under ESI.

So many players I properly hate in that starting 11. Tempted to get off the train at Greenwich and head back home 😂
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    AndyG said:
    Haha well I did say I wasnt expecting much !!! Knowing yours and my luck Albie will get a hatrick and everyone on here will be jumping down our throats for forever preaching je isnt good enough 😂😂😂😂
  • Options
    C'mon yer buggers... Keep em down t' four!

Addicks!
  • Options
    If Leko is playing up front again, JJ is playing a dangerous game with his future. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This looks like it could be a bit rough.. 
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    John not on the bench. Injured?

How has Gilbey kept his place and the Captain's arm band after hiding his way through the Oxford match?
    John is nowhere near first team level, even our first team.
    Just doing Powell a favour then were we  ?  Done Bowyer a favour by taking Leko

Any more old managers who want to get rid of their cast offs ????
    We've bought an old VW Polo from Karel Fraeye
  • Options
    I wonder when the Minto interview with Jacko was done.. he hadn't told the players the team then! 
  • Options
    JJ's eyes getting more and more sunker. He looks like he hasn't slept for a week.

Fingers and everything else crossed for him. 
  • Options
    On one of Southeastern's new(ish) Citybeam trains, probably the highlight of the evening!
  • Options
    JFC back training, great to hear. 
  • Options
    Matthews and Gunter together 🤮
  • Options
    Great news with JFC, back in training as per chat with Scott, be good to see  him back before end of the season..
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    The only acceptable part of this is Castillo getting a go.

Everything else is just...vile. Gilbey as fucking captain again the nadir
    What team and formation would you pick?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dean Lewington in the MK team, 38 in May!
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    paulfox said:
    AndyG said:
    Haha well I did say I wasnt expecting much !!! Knowing yours and my luck Albie will get a hatrick and everyone on here will be jumping down our throats for forever preaching je isnt good enough 😂😂😂😂
    Hope he does, And I’d be the first to give him credit, some fella said I was obsessed with Putting the boot into him!!, 🤣, I’d love him to be good but he’s not done anything to show he’s good enough. That team is a shocker tonight. I literally still always go, but tonight I’ve decided to stay in the warm. My wife is really worried about me!!!! ( makes a change!!)🤣😜
  • Options
    I was going to avoid this match at all costs, but morbidly I think I’m going to tune in now. 

DDOUBLEE said:
    Gilbey, Matthews and Leko still starting after Saturday, faith in Jackson rapidly declining

Problem is. Who else is he going to put in? Everyone is underperforming, injured or suspended.
    I’m still torn. I remembered that I hate watching us play MK Dons at the best of times, as we barely have the ball when we have our strongest team out!
  • Options
    Rotherham could do us a favour tonight beating Morecombe... How depressing.
  • Options

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Interesting looking at the table… after MK, Sheff Wed and Sunderland we will have played 9 of the top 11 with only Rotherham & Ipswich left.

By contrast we have games against Burton, Accrington, Cambridge, Lincoln, Shrewsbury, Wimbledon, Morecambe, Gillingham and Doncaster from the remaining 12 sides.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Scoham said:
    Leuth said:

McG

Matthews Lavelle Famewo Castillo

Dobson

Morgan Lee

DJ Burstow Leko
  • Options
    That team does not inspire any confidence whatsoever.

Good to see Lavelle back though.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Scoham said:
    Leuth said:

McG

Matthews Lavelle Famewo Castillo

Dobson

Morgan Lee

DJ Burstow Leko
    I'd actually pick John instead of Lee if I knew he was any good, but alas we don't know that yet
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    What do you have to do to get dropped around here?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!