Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Milton Keynes | Tuesday 22 February 2022 7.45 ko

Comments

• Options
    I’m in the queue at Sainsbury’s, getting my half-time Mars bar.

I need something to look forward to to get me through the first half.
    I've resorted to pizza, which fortunately has just turned up.
  • Options
    Walking up to our seats, I jokingly said to my son, "I hope no-one's in our seats again". Turns out there was no-one in the entire row.

Don't remember such a low turnout for a league match.

• Options
    Looks like we could be on for the worst attendance since Roland's boycott?

How's that for filling the Valley
  • Options
    Stuck in the ‘restaurant’ in the Premier Inn, Honiton. Waiter says - Good news - my baked spud is ready, but bad news the chef has just put a load of cheese sauce on it and then remembered it was meant to be vegan. Chef is starting again. 
    Was hoping to make it back upstairs for the KO….
    Tell the chef to slow down. Any luck the game might be over by the time you get back upstairs
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Just realised that Gilbey’s gonna score a fucking hat-trick after all this 
    No Morgan will!!!😂😂😂, if we all pick a player we think is not very good , one of us will be right and put in a game winning performance!!
  • Options
    2 nil down in the warm up...

Another first for the Addicks!
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Leuth said:
    Scoham said:
    Leuth said:
    Scoham said:
    Leuth said:
    The only acceptable part of this is Castillo getting a go.

Everything else is just...vile. Gilbey as fucking captain again the nadir
    What team and formation would you pick?
    McG

Matthews Lavelle Famewo Castillo

Dobson

Morgan Lee

DJ Burstow Leko
    Big weaknesses either way, Burstow doesn’t get too involved in a front two never mind as a lone striker and a formation that didn’t work at all at the start of the season.
    Employing DJ and Leko as wing forwards feels paramount though. Maybe Lee can play as the false 9 and John in the middle
    Lee is a false something. 

I don’t think we can play 433- I don’t think we have a good enough centre forward. 

Tonight, I would have played:

Hendo

Lavelle, Pearce, Famewo

DJ, John, Dobbo, Morgan, Castillo

Burstow, Leko

Like you, I wouldn’t play Gilbey on the basis of the hiding on Saturday .  I don’t mind players being poor but his hiding was disgusting.  
    I don't mind sticking with the 3-5-2 really, given what's available, except that it utterly screws Leko over
    Leko should be able to play as a support striker .  Up front on his own was never going to work .
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Just realised that Gilbey’s gonna score a fucking hat-trick after all this 
    Show him the goal from 25 yards like he did to Barragan and I'm sure he will pelt it into the top corner. Yeah right.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lavelle is key to next season. Just spoke well on Charlton TV. Hopefully he stays injury free now 
  • Options
    I'm going to get this one in early - we should've signed Scott Twine!
  • Options
    My, unfortunately now quite extensive,experience as a Charlton fan is that this club will always throw you a bone just as you have basically given up any hope of ever eating again (metaphorically, obviously, as I'm just about to tuck into a nice Chicken Madras). Now, my gut feel is a bit on the fence as to weather or not Saturday was the bottom of this particular trough or if it might actually be tonight - but I would not be at all surprised if we suddenly play really well tonight and win comfortably. Just don't expect it to last if we do.
  • Options
    CharltonTV have just said that the physios were looking at Inniss today

Ties in with the comment from Seth that he's out long term again (Match Preview)
  • Options
    I'm going to get this one in early - we should've signed Scott Twine!
    Hope his form unravels tonight.
  • Options
    2 nil down in the warm up...

Another fisting for the Addicks!
    Fixed4you
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Sounds like Forster-Caskey is back in full training?

Currently talking about being back training with the squad and now wants U23 minutes
    I'd keep quiet if I was him although how he has got close to a comeback considering the form of our medical team beats me, two of our strikers have been given the last rites due to a muscle strain.
  • Options

Ties in with the comment from Seth that he's out long term again (Match Preview)
    If he's out long-term, that could be it for his Charlton career?
  • Options

Why don't we ever get a short term injury, always bloody long term wtf
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a load of old minge, I’m not paying to watch a team with Gunter and Mathews in it
  • Options
    JFC bigging up Castillo talking all about his.... ermm dance moves

:) 
  • Options
    Let alone that front line….
  • Options

If he's out long-term, that could be it for his Charlton career?
    Yeah I think it has to be... Happens once or twice and you could compare it to JFC's sort of luck

This often though, cant be relying on that at this level
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Connor Wickham, ex-Palace... the story is already written
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    What a load of old minge, I’m not paying to watch a team with Gunter and Mathews in it
    Well, it's got Jamie Cumming.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Leuth said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Leuth said:
    Scoham said:
    Leuth said:
    Scoham said:
    Leuth said:
    The only acceptable part of this is Castillo getting a go.

Everything else is just...vile. Gilbey as fucking captain again the nadir
    What team and formation would you pick?
    McG

Matthews Lavelle Famewo Castillo

Dobson

Morgan Lee

DJ Burstow Leko
    Big weaknesses either way, Burstow doesn’t get too involved in a front two never mind as a lone striker and a formation that didn’t work at all at the start of the season.
    Employing DJ and Leko as wing forwards feels paramount though. Maybe Lee can play as the false 9 and John in the middle
    Lee is a false something. 

I don’t think we can play 433- I don’t think we have a good enough centre forward. 

Tonight, I would have played:

Hendo

Lavelle, Pearce, Famewo

DJ, John, Dobbo, Morgan, Castillo

Burstow, Leko

Like you, I wouldn’t play Gilbey on the basis of the hiding on Saturday .  I don’t mind players being poor but his hiding was disgusting.  
    I don't mind sticking with the 3-5-2 really, given what's available, except that it utterly screws Leko over
    Leko should be able to play as a support striker .  Up front on his own was never going to work .

In fairness to Leko 1) he has not been starting up top next to our best centre forwards (i.e Stockley or Aneke), like he got to when playing next to Taylor and b) when he did well under Bowyer, we used our strikers more like wide forwards who would split and work the channels a lot.

When we do get him on the ball high up the pitch and up against a fullback he does still look capable of making things happen, but we have not been playing to his strengths at all. Consistency will always be an issues with him, but it's not fair to expect consistency while not using his strengths.
  • Options
    Jeez - Matthews keeps his place…..

Ducked this in terms of going to the Valley - was determined to not buy the livestream 

A bottle of Rioja in 

I have caved in

Come on Charlton - prove me wrong for not going tonight 

Always in hope as an Addick …..
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!