Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Milton Keynes | Tuesday 22 February 2022 7.45 ko

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2022
    3-2 win 
  • Options
    Interesting looking at the table… after MK, Sheff Wed and Sunderland we will have played 9 of the top 11 with only Rotherham & Ipswich left.

By contrast we have games against Burton, Accrington, Cambridge, Lincoln, Shrewsbury, Wimbledon, Morecambe, Gillingham and Doncaster from the remaining 12 sides.
    The archetypal relegation six pointers, oh the joys of a Charlton fan.🤣
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    This
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    What do you have to do to get dropped around here?
    Ask DJ
  • Options
    Gunter must be in purely for comedy value. Nothing left to play for so give the 8 fans something to chuckle about on a cold Tuesday night in February. 
  • Options
    I’m in the queue at Sainsbury’s, getting my half-time Mars bar.

I need something to look forward to to get me through the first half.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Scoham said:
    Leuth said:
    The only acceptable part of this is Castillo getting a go.

Everything else is just...vile. Gilbey as fucking captain again the nadir
    What team and formation would you pick?
    McG

Matthews Lavelle Famewo Castillo

Dobson

Morgan Lee

DJ Burstow Leko
    Big weaknesses either way, Burstow doesn’t get too involved in a front two never mind as a lone striker and a formation that didn’t work at all at the start of the season.
  • Options
    Just a weird team and squad. But usually one that somehow ends up winning 2-0 and then is never picked again. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The 8,000 hardy souls will be rewarded with a 3-1 victory 
  • Options
    Feel typically flat and should save myself a tenner but this is Charlton and have to watch. Can't see anything other than a defeat. Very negative I know. Come on you addicks.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Gunter must be in purely for comedy value. Nothing left to play for so give the 8 fans something to chuckle about on a cold Tuesday night in February. 
    Maybe he’s been practising really hard and showing his international form!!!, and JJ is unleashing him upon all and sundry!!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Scoham said:
    Leuth said:
    Scoham said:
    Leuth said:

McG

Dobson

Morgan Lee

DJ Burstow Leko
    Big weaknesses either way, Burstow doesn’t get too involved in a front two never mind as a lone striker and a formation that didn’t work at all at the start of the season.
    Employing DJ and Leko as wing forwards feels paramount though. Maybe Lee can play as the false 9 and John in the middle

As for the formation...we didn't have Dobson firing then. I reckon it'd be worth another shot with the players we have out 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    8000? You'll be lucky! Look at the crowd inside so far. 
  • Options
    I'm getting seriously worried about Jackson.  One of the weakest teams we've ever put out . Gunter FFS .
  • Options
    Sounds like Forster-Caskey is back in full training?

Currently talking about being back training with the squad and now wants U23 minutes
  • Options
    I will watch until we go behind, then it’s safe to turn off - we never recover. 
  • Options
    Sounds like Forster-Caskey is back in full training?

Currently talking about being back training with the squad and now wants U23 minutes
    Maybe that will cheer him up. 

Blimey he looks miserable! 
  • Options
    Stuck in the ‘restaurant’ in the Premier Inn, Honiton. Waiter says - Good news - my baked spud is ready, but bad news the chef has just put a load of cheese sauce on it and then remembered it was meant to be vegan. Chef is starting again. 
    Was hoping to make it back upstairs for the KO….
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JFC is quite a likable chap isn't he?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Scoham said:
    Leuth said:
    Scoham said:
    Leuth said:

McG

Dobson

Morgan Lee

DJ Burstow Leko
    Employing DJ and Leko as wing forwards feels paramount though. Maybe Lee can play as the false 9 and John in the middle
    Lee is a false something. 

I don’t think we can play 433- I don’t think we have a good enough centre forward. 

Tonight, I would have played:

Hendo

Lavelle, Pearce, Famewo

DJ, John, Dobbo, Morgan, Castillo

Burstow, Leko

Like you, I wouldn’t play Gilbey on the basis of the hiding on Saturday .  I don’t mind players being poor but his hiding was disgusting.  
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Leuth said:
    Scoham said:
    Leuth said:
    Scoham said:
    Leuth said:

McG

Dobson

Morgan Lee

DJ Burstow Leko
    Lee is a false something. 

I don’t think we can play 433- I don’t think we have a good enough centre forward. 

Tonight, I would have played:

Hendo

Lavelle, Pearce, Famewo

DJ, John, Dobbo, Morgan, Castillo

Burstow, Leko

Like you, I wouldn’t play Gilbey on the basis of the hiding on Saturday .  I don’t mind players being poor but his hiding was disgusting.  
    I don't mind sticking with the 3-5-2 really, given what's available, except that it utterly screws Leko over
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    Feel typically flat and should save myself a tenner but this is Charlton and have to watch. Can't see anything other than a defeat. Very negative I know. Come on you addicks.
    Saving the tenner, my boy has seen a hot wheels monster truck he’d like!!!,, our seasons tickets are tucked away in the draw tonight, although he don’t do night games on a school night.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    MK Dons won't bring that many
  • Options
    I think we got this 
  • Options
    I’m in the queue at Sainsbury’s, getting my half-time Mars bar.

I need something to look forward to to get me through the first half.
    Get me one mate! Forgot to go in before the game
  • Options
    On a delayed train, feeling a sense of impending doom. 
    Trying to convince myself that Gunter actually had a few decent games earlier in the season, and can actually pass the ball. Maybe Dobson will sweep up after him?
  • Options
    Why do we "have" to look back to the Oxford game Scott ffs bad enough first time mate... B)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!