Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Sheffield Wednesday vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 26th February 2022

We were unable to stop the rot this afternoon on our visit to Hillsborough, the swanky holiday home of Katrina Meire. The in-form home side got off to an immediate start, forcing us back into our box and fighting to press them back. They went ahead from a corner and never looked back. They scored again right before halftime. Wednesday were comfortable throughout. Unfortunately, Jacko doesn’t have much at his disposal, but players are starting to return from their various illnesses and injuries. 

Positives: Fraser and Stockley are back and played a fair few minutes in the second half (but for how long?).
Negatives: Just two. We can’t keep a clean sheet and we can’t score a goal.

Sheff Wed 2 Charlton 0

Over to you.

Comments

• Options

This hurts 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2022

This hurts 
    Meh... Its only the form table

As I said on the Match Thread - Its not comfortable seeing teams below us picking up points.

But thats part of Football - No one will go the rest of the season losing every game.

Got another month before I properly worry about what other teams are doing around us
  • Options
    We won't get relegated

Should Jackson be in charge next season? I don't think so. 

Give him the rest of the season to see if he can really turn it around with Stockley and others coming back. 

If it's more of the same, what's the point of letting him continue? He's been marginally better than Adkins and that's being as positive as I can be. 
    Ipswich did us big a favour but we're in attrocious form so could still be sucked into it IMO.  Hopefully the likes of Stockley and Fraser coming back can inject some quality but we're grim at the moment.
  • Options
    Glad I drove. 

Why were we in black shorts? 

Why did we take off our creative passer?

Why did we bother bringing Stockley on? 

Why did we look so sluggish?

Why did we get done by someone cutting in again?
  • Options
    3 5 2 doesn't do us any good Jacko needs to change his system
  • Options
    Eyes closing, on melatonin… and coasting to the League 2 bin
    Addicks make history
  • Options

This hurts 
    Meh... Its only the form table

As I said on the Match Thread - Its not comfortable seeing teams below us picking up points.

But thats part of Football - No one will go the rest of the season losing every game.
    We're only the worst side in League One over the last month, but that's a part of football!
  • Options
    It's all just so familiar! Listening to the commentary we never sounded we had a sniff of scoring, no point in rattling on, so all I can say is we need our injured players back ASAP.

• Options
    SDAddick said:
    What if, hear me out, we all just go about our days and evenings like this just didn't happen? Wouldn't we all just be happier as people? Eternal Sunshine/MIB flashy thing it out of our memories. We can reconvene maybe Thursday lunchtime to look ahead to Sunderland. And in the meantime we can all just spend time working on ourselves as people. 
    Very true. There's a real world outside a game of football.

In fact, Bill Shankly was wrong. There is more to life than football. 

• Options
    Terrible, just hugely disappointing to see how awful we look!

hopefully Sandgaard is looking at his list drawn up months back
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ho hum load of bum!
  • Options
    When you keep losing.
    You try and change things. 
    Well, other managers do.
    The players are shit.  They are most to blame but for the love of god how on earth did Matthews start?
    Every and I mean EVERY person on here questioned why he has been starting.
    Jacko MAY be a professional player/coach/manager but if hundreds of us on here ALL say the same thing - I repeat as I have before. 

We aren't the ones in the wrong!
  • Options
    Embarrassing. Moment it went 1-0, I could and should have  left. Never looked like getting a result. Terrible.
  • Options
    Jackson picking the same formation and team week-in and week-out must show he's given up on the season too? 

Matthews giving away goals every single week and still gets picked, why? 
  • Options
    Sankofa gettng it about right as far as I'm concerned
  • Options
    Jacko didn't want to bring Stockley on as early as he did - he's only trained once with the group this past week.

That shows how vital he is to this team.
  • Options
    Jackson picking the same formation and team week-in and week-out must show he's given up on the season too? 

Well he got subbed after 30 mins today. I haven't got the heart to wade through the match thread, but was that down to injury, a tactical switch or one screw up too many?
  • Options
    Jacko sounds like he is ready to throw in the towel in the post match interview, doesn't sound at all like he has a clue how to change things around, even without the missing players, we should be creating a whole lot more fight and ideas..
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

Well he got subbed after 30 mins today. I haven't got the heart to wade through the match thread, but was that down to injury, a tactical switch or one screw up too many?
    He got concussion, its why we were allowed to make four subs today