Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Burton Albion | Saturday 19th March 2022

1234568»

Comments

• edited March 2022
    Clare got a MOTM rating of 8.2/10 from WhoScored which is what I believe these team of the week things are based on?

• Clare got a MOTM rating of 8.2/10 from WhoScored which is what I believe these team of the week things are based on?

Stockley ahead of Washington?
  • Well that's it folks Christmas presi from my daughter (2 month with one free)  subscription to Charlton T V has come to an end I don't know whether its a blessing or a disappointment .Just 3 wins by memory and those that we have drawn and won have been pretty dire, And i am usually pretty liberal and open minded for the team i have loved for over 6 decades. I wont subscribe to the last 8 matches though. Will i do it for next season, now that i have had a 'bite of the cherry' that is the amazing technology of, digital  vid, that was science fiction back in the 50s. Yes i probably will, even though i was cursed with short arms, and deep pockets But hope Charlton can come up with some quality football. Like the team i follow here in OZ Champions Melbourne City (of the City group ,but who cares who finances the club) .I am sorry to say that they play skillful free flowing football .Highly entertaining, too. Leaves div One for dead  But its Charlton, till i die-- I think i am --I know i am Charlton till i die

• Redrobo said:
    They were at the Wigan game obviously.
    Season ticket holders
  • JamesSeed said:
    To be fair to Clare, a massive groan went up when he hit that firm pass quite early on that ended half way up the west stand lower, but it looked from where I was sitting that the ball bobbled. Take that mis-hit out of the equation, and he didn’t have such a bad game, making a couple of good challenges and blocks. 

One of the problems defenders have is that when they’re looking for someone to pass to, there’s not a lot of showing for the ball from our midfielders. Teams who know what they’re doing form little triangles, whereas our midfielders mainly just return the ball from whence it came. Gotta think one move ahead, and we don’t do that. 
    I will remember that for a very long time. Unbelievable pass.
    His passing was absolutely terrible.
    He defended well.
  • Redrobo said:
    They were at the Wigan game obviously.
    I like the way they have shoehorned all 3 of Wigan's strikers in. 
  • Three home clean sheets back to back.
  • We're on a roll I tell yer!  We'll marmalize em! Tear em a new one! Quality will shine through! We'll send em back to wherever Burtons is (is that the one on the bottom of Eltham High Street?)

1-1
  • Sponsored links:

• To say that Fraser looks really uncomfortable doing the tunnel jump is an understatment
  • TEL said:
    To say that Fraser looks really uncomfortable doing the tunnel jump is an understatment
    Lovely to see him off his line and surprised he can jump actually...