Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Rotherham United vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 9th April 2022

Comments

• Options
    You can thank me for our best win of the season (in terms of opposition position).
    The only game this season that I didn't attend or watch on Charlton TV.
    It was nailed on.
    I didn't watch either, and by going to watch Dartford, Charltonised them instead!
  • Options
    I didn't think we would win today, but not a total surprise as Rotherham have hit a bit of average form at the wrong time.
  • Options
    You can thank me for our best win of the season (in terms of opposition position).
    The only game this season that I didn't attend or watch on Charlton TV.
    It was nailed on.
    Weren’t Sunderland top when we beat them up there?
  • Options
    Battling performance and a good win. Would have been nice to see them take a bit more care of the ball instead of giving it straight back a number of times after breaking up a Rotherham attack.

I was waiting for Rotherham to get a clear chance from a knockdown at a corner or a free kick because we were having to defend against a lot of crosses but it never really came and the stats on the BBC show we had 5 shots on target out of 9 and Rotherham only 1 out of 10.
  • Options
    Only places I can find ratings for our lot from non-biased algorithms (different ones used by each)

No clue what FotMob are doing for theirs as assist aside, this wasn't even a 6.5 performance from Morgan. Gilbey was even worse and Matthews was worse than CBT, all the while Wash did better than Stockley. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hard to knock that result. Totally unexpected by me but very welcome. It’s a funny ole game.
  • Options
    That was a Powell esque gritty, ground out win.
  • Options
    Well that’s an unexpected bonus. It’s a funny old game Brian. Happy glow for a change. 
  • Options
    LEAGUE ONE SAFTEY!!!! OI OIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

JJ - give him a long contract before Everton or someone bigger come knocking, unlike how 5 defeats dont make him a bad manager one good surprise result makes him the bestestest EVER.

Dobson scored his 4th goal of his career, clearly a goal machine in waiting. 

Clearly top 6 players and we only need 2 good signings in the summer to take top 2 next season.

Piss takes aside, dull as dishwater first half from both sides with us looking solid and Rotherham comical at the back (no, seriously). Nothing really stood out, game plans still give it to CBT and let him run at the opposition, sometimes we hit it long to Stockley, sometimes we hit it long for Washington to chase.

Second half, better from both sides, we managed to make our good spell count with a goal, and, more importantly, didnt conceede when Rotherham had theirs. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    A solid and enjoyable performance against a good side that we managed well. Oh, and 11 men on the pitch come 90 minutes for a change… Bravo JJ and the boys!
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    Should have mentioned MacGillivray, who commanded his area well and came out to catch more than a few dangerous balls in. He’s a very good keeper when he’s not too rooted to his line.
    I reckon he reads Charlton Life. and realised he needed to change his game.

Ever since the criticism of him for his unwillingness to come for crosses reached a crescendo, he's actually started to come for crosses in the last 3 or 4 games. And today showed he's perfectly capable of coming and taking a cross.

I've been one of his biggest critics this season. But if he carries on playing like he has done today I will happily change my mind completely.
    Yep
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    LoOkOuT said:
    Should have mentioned MacGillivray, who commanded his area well and came out to catch more than a few dangerous balls in. He’s a very good keeper when he’s not too rooted to his line.
    I reckon he reads Charlton Life. and realised he needed to change his game.

Ever since the criticism of him for his unwillingness to come for crosses reached a crescendo, he's actually started to come for crosses in the last 3 or 4 games. And today showed he's perfectly capable of coming and taking a cross.

I've been one of his biggest critics this season. But if he carries on playing like he has done today I will happily change my mind completely.
    As much as I'd like to think he'd read this site, I think it's more likely to do with Jackson being asked in an interview (I think by Louis Mendez) aboutr MacGillivray commanding his area. Seems to have come for more crosses since then. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    How can people want to see Jason Pearce not retained next season,I have not seen this game,but have no doubt he was instrumental in the score,as he always is when the shit is hitting the fan.of course he wont play 40 games,but when we have dodgy away games and need some inspiration,he is the man.
    Because  we have incredibly silly fans who like a scape goat or 4.
    A player isn't a scapegoat because some fans feel we need better. Pearce is 35 in December, hardly unreasonable to think it might be time to move him on.
    Or to think he may have another season in him 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Scoham said:
    How can people want to see Jason Pearce not retained next season,I have not seen this game,but have no doubt he was instrumental in the score,as he always is when the shit is hitting the fan.of course he wont play 40 games,but when we have dodgy away games and need some inspiration,he is the man.
    Because  we have incredibly silly fans who like a scape goat or 4.
    A player isn't a scapegoat because some fans feel we need better. Pearce is 35 in December, hardly unreasonable to think it might be time to move him on.
    Or to think he may have another season in him 
    Yes, it’s not an extreme view either way.