Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Rotherham United vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 9th April 2022

Comments

• Options
    Yesterday was the perfect game for Pearce. When the ball is in front of him he still looks a decent defender and is well protected in a back 5. As always I am concerned when they play with a pacey striking who wants to play on the shoulder.

Not a fan of Gilbey, but he does have genuine pace to get us up the pitch. Plenty of times he carries the ball 30/40 yards and gets us to their half. Not a great footballer with the ball, but his off the ball energy and runs allow us to counter attack well.

Morgan doesn’t do enough for me at all. Typical Morgan performance. Still looks like a youth team player learning the game. 
  • Options
    Well I didnt see that coming. 1st game in years I havent watched as I have had enough this season. This lot are so infuriating though arent they ? 3 unexpected points away at a top team but cant do it midweek at Wimbledon! I really dont get it.

You cant knock 3 points though so well done to the team. So glad for Dobbo he really is the man this year. Hopefully our normal jinx on whoever wins POTS wont be the case this year 
  • Options
    Post Pearce match review. 

Great win. The kinda surprise results I thought we'd sprinkle in more this season. Good to see.
  • Options
    I thought coaching salaries were exempt and maybe we could say Pearce was primarily a coach. I don't know but as has been observed, Derby seemed to manage it.
  • Options
    I thought coaching salaries were exempt and maybe we could say Pearce was primarily a coach. I don't know but as has been observed, Derby seemed to manage it.
    Derby were getting around the Championship FFP rules (which work differently in League 1), the squad cap came in later. I know goalkeepers and u21s don’t need to be registered but I’ve not seen any rules relating to player/coaches. I’d be surprised if there was such a simple workaround.
  • Options
    Bloody good goal.

Shame the episode of Montalbano over ran and I missed it.
  • Options
    Didn't see that win comming, can't believe we are the same team as the one that was so poor in so many other games.
    Still lets hope for a good summer and some good business, and lets have a real go next season.
  • Options
    How can people want to see Jason Pearce not retained next season,I have not seen this game,but have no doubt he was instrumental in the score,as he always is when the shit is hitting the fan.of course he wont play 40 games,but when we have dodgy away games and need some inspiration,he is the man.
    Because he is slow & gives away silly fouls.

You can have him as back up, but then you do that with a few other players as well (Matthews, JFC, Purrington to name but 3 )and suddenly you are back where you started.....ending the season in the bottom half of the table.

Yes he was certainly crap against quick players and Rotherham are obviously a rubbish team.in this league.  Your comments  make perfect sense.
    My comment wasn't about Pearce per se. It was about the fact posters continually bleat on about retaining this player & that player, when its those players that have got us to......15th.

If we are genuinely wanting to have a go at promotion next season then we need a load of new players in, which you can't do when you start offering new contracts to x,y & z. 
    It doesn’t take rocket science to realise we need to get shot of ‘at least’ 5 or 6 of the current squad.
    However, I and a great number of supporters don’t think Pearce should be one of them.
    Luv him to bits and I say again, I think he still has something to offer both on and off the pitch.
  • Options
    How can people want to see Jason Pearce not retained next season,I have not seen this game,but have no doubt he was instrumental in the score,as he always is when the shit is hitting the fan.of course he wont play 40 games,but when we have dodgy away games and need some inspiration,he is the man.
    I think because Pearce plays one or two games like this, then has an absolute mare wrestling faster forwards to the ground.
    It is more than one or two,yes he does like a bit of WWF,but does it outside the box.Many times this season , I have seen us concede,and quietly said to myself,Pearcey would not have allowed that.Michael Smith is one of the best strikers in this division,Pearce has marked him twice,and Smith has not had a sniff.Is 35 too old,well ,Thiago at Chelsea 37,Richard Wood 36,Pepe,Portugal 39,Ramos PSG 36,You dont see these guys have many bad games.
    How old was Jorge Costa when he was with us, I’m pretty sure he was in his 30’s?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ozaddick said:
    LouisMend said:
    Taking control of your area is hardly a new element. Surely he's been able to do this previously, or he wouldn't of made it this far in his career. He's just found some more bollocks imo. 
    As for the win, I Couldn't keep my eyes open last night, so very pleased to read the result this morning. 
    What is it with this squad? They drive ya bleeding bonkers. 
    And Jackson kind of takes credit for putting him straight. But it's been obvious to all of us that he's been failing to come for crosses for pretty much the whole season. So you have to wonder what the hell the goalkeeping coach is doing for his money. Naff all it seems. 
  • Options

Shall we just refer to that one as 'the George Dobson game'?

imageimageimage
  • Options

A huge thank you to the 442 travelling Addicks this afternoon
    See you back at base on Good Friday!

• Options

Brilliant from the boys today. Proper away performance. So happy for Albie Morgan. What a shift
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    Because he is slow & gives away silly fouls.

You can have him as back up, but then you do that with a few other players as well (Matthews, JFC, Purrington to name but 3 )and suddenly you are back where you started.....ending the season in the bottom half of the table.

We won and you finally surface but that's all you have to say? Pathetic.
    I was answering someone's point re Pearce. Who are you, the thread police ??
    So, nothing about it being a good win or a great goal. Just negative shit about a player who, by all accounts, had a great game.

So boringly predictable.
    And yes, I am the thread police. I was ( appointed last week. Keep 'em peeled.)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OYbhVHZMco
  • Options
    Stockley, please calm down the moaning!

Watch the highlights at one min in. He was in the goal/nets moaning about something in the build up, so much so that he forgot to get himself onside and in a position for a possible tap in from a cross that all missed.
  • Options
    Woah...really wasn't expecting that. Great result and a performance to match by the sound of things. Well done Jacko, I've moaned about him a lot recently, but that's a brilliant 3pts. And that goal! What a beauty. COYA.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

A huge thank you to the 442 travelling Addicks this afternoon
    See you back at base on Good Friday!

That's a very respectable following given the crap we've served up for the majority of the season. Respect. 👏 👏 👏 
  • Options
    I do wish Jacko would wear a suit and club tie on match days. 

• Options
    I do wish Jacko would wear a suit and club tie on match days. 

How about a bit of Bowyeresque knitwear?  :)
  • Options
    Where was Fraser yesterday?
  • Options
    Picked up a knock