Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Rotherham United vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 9th April 2022

Comments

• Options
    How can people want to see Jason Pearce not retained next season,I have not seen this game,but have no doubt he was instrumental in the score,as he always is when the shit is hitting the fan.of course he wont play 40 games,but when we have dodgy away games and need some inspiration,he is the man.
    Because he is slow & gives away silly fouls.

You can have him as back up, but then you do that with a few other players as well (Matthews, JFC, Purrington to name but 3 )and suddenly you are back where you started.....ending the season in the bottom half of the table.

• Options
    I thought we should have been given a penalty too.
  • Options
    I thought we should have been given a penalty too.
    Me too, though the ref did let a few go today. 
  • Options
    How can people want to see Jason Pearce not retained next season,I have not seen this game,but have no doubt he was instrumental in the score,as he always is when the shit is hitting the fan.of course he wont play 40 games,but when we have dodgy away games and need some inspiration,he is the man.
    Because he is slow & gives away silly fouls.

You can have him as back up, but then you do that with a few other players as well (Matthews, JFC, Purrington to name but 3 )and suddenly you are back where you started.....ending the season in the bottom half of the table.

We won and you finally surface but that's all you have to say? Pathetic.
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    That sort of result almost pisses me off more than the shit play, shit losses the way this season has been. Makes you wonder WTF even more. However based on this match well done, but so what.🙄👍🤷🏻‍♂️
    Yep, at least you and Oohaah can enjoy your bowl of custard tonight. 

*smiley winky thingy*

• Options
    Delighted for the three points. Thought we should have easily won by 2 or 3. Long journey but always more enjoyable after a win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If he can work out how to beat the fecking shit teams….. we could go somewhere. Great result…. To little to late…..  
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Rotherham have a simple style. They get the ball forwards quickly and battle and they win more than their share of 50:50s. They are not the most skillful but when they were doing this at their best, they are/were the team to beat. They are still doing it, but have lost a bit of cutting edge to go with it. They have to find it quickly or they will not be going up. Our defence stood up to their delivery into the box and there wasn't much else from them.
  • Options
    What were the words for that song Dobson? 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Oggy Red said:
    paulfox said:
    That sort of result almost pisses me off more than the shit play, shit losses the way this season has been. Makes you wonder WTF even more. However based on this match well done, but so what.🙄👍🤷🏻‍♂️
    Yep, at least you and Oohaah can enjoy your bowl of custard tonight. 

*smiley winky thingy*

Indeed, although the urge for custard celebrations has somewhat cooled this season!!, and I’m so relieved you spelled ‘winky’ correctly🤣👍😰

also can I make it clear myself and oohaah have never been together in the same room with said bowl of custard. I know how rumours start on this forum.🤣
  • Options
    Fair play to MacG, huge improvement over the last few games
    Agreed. JJ took a leaf out of Bows book and criticised him in public and it has had given him the kick up the backside he needed. Looks much more confident now - and so do the defence.
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    I absolutely love this squad of players 
    Joking aside I thought that during the game before we scored.

So fickle the way my outlook on them changes with the results!

Solid performance today and deserved win.

If ever there was an example of a player trying too hard it was Michael Smith this afternoon. Could have had a few had he been more relaxed and a good target man for them even though he didn't produce today.

Bring morecambe 
  • Options
    I thought at least a 3-0 defeat. 
    Curbs had it right, Dobbo has wrapped up POTY and GOTS all in one day. 
    Well done lads. That’s what they call a coupon buster. 
  • Options
    MacG has shown he can catch those sort of balls which is great going forwards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

7.7% of the goals that Rotherham have conceded in League One this season have been scored by Charlton Athletic #cafc

— Louis Mendez (@LouisMend) April 9, 2022

3.8% of the goals conceded by Rotherham in League One this season have been scored by George Dobson #cafc

— Louis Mendez (@LouisMend) April 9, 2022
    Just goes to show, you can make statistics mean anything you want.

• Options
    Delighted for the three points. Thought we should have easily won by 2 or 3. Long journey but always more enjoyable after a win.
    You sound like Jacko. What do you mean, you ARE Jacko ..... ? :astonished:

• Options

Happy with performance, Dobbo scoring and putting bet on 
    Bookie's remembered me as took them forever to find odds this morning 
    Elfie had a tenner on us to win at 5-1….well done fella.
    I linked up with him in The Bluecoats, according to him that’s going to be his last away game before he emigrates to Brasil.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    Absolute nonsense that MacGillivray changed his goalkeeping style because of criticism from JJ. He actually took note of what many of us on Charlton Life had been saying for months! 😂 
    Agree. He hasn’t commanded his area since he has been at the club, so not quite sure why Jackson is bringing it up now. All that said,  McG looked really assured today. 
    As he has in the last three or four games in fact.
  • Options
    Out all day and stayed well away from football so well pleased to come home to that result. Get in!!
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    MacG: 7.5 his best performance in awhile
    Clare: 7.5
    Pearce: 8
    Famewo: 7.5
    Dobson: 9 mom
    Matthews: 6.5
    Gilbey: 4 looked off the pace
    Morgan: 2 (.5 for the assist that even Dazzler could have made). JFC instead please
    B-T: 6.5 inconsistent today but his pace is needed in this side
    Stockley: 7
    Washington: 7.5 typical performance. His pace and movement scared them but his finishing let him down. Would be in the championship if he could ever learn how to finish
    Referee: 7
    Opposition: 5 expecting a lot more of them.  
    Morgan 2…..FFS how ridiculous!🤨
    Even more so "even dazzler could have made" I'm proper non league so don't assume anything.

Even though anyone in our team could and should have been able to make that assist, nobody else was there for Taylor to release the ball to and nobody else weighted the ball perfectly in Dobson's path for him to rocket the ball into the net. I admit Morgan was mostly ineffective, he was there and didn't give up.