Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Options
    I think we should look at bringing in the best players from league 2.

swindon have an inform striker and a midfielder that has scored as many as Dobson, gilbey and Morgan combined
    Have Swindon been promoted from league two with those players?….no, oh so they are bound to find it easier and get a league 1 side promoted. I’d say it’s more likely they have done well at there level. We need players that can progress from league one to championship, not many we will be in for would jump from league two to championship is my guess. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Was told a few weeks ago we are looking at Jack Iredale. Cambridge UTD left wing-back. Believe his contract is due to expire.
    Was impressive against Wigan the other week when I saw him. A few Cambridge players looked handy. 
    I’m a big fan of their striker / target man Ironside I think it is. Good player, in the Stockton mould.
  • Options
    paulfox said:

swindon have an inform striker and a midfielder that has scored as many as Dobson, gilbey and Morgan combined
    Have Swindon been promoted from league two with those players?….no, oh so they are bound to find it easier and get a league 1 side promoted. I’d say it’s more likely they have done well at there level. We need players that can progress from league one to championship, not many we will be in for would jump from league two to championship is my guess. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    I was joking and referencing Davisson and Williams. 

I'll get my coat 😂
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    Would love to post and talk about players but after I said Arter & Maddison will be quality signings I’ve decided to ban myself until 2023
    Same here! 
  • Options
    Good job no one mentioned Iredale about a week ago........
  • Options
    paulfox said:

A Davison and J Williams sized whoosh for you.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    We have known we would be L1 again for ages it is odd we would leave a decision on contracts until after the last game.  Feels like the comments end of last season which proved an error on Aneke and Amos.

I do wonder if JJs performance related contract is based on top half and hence we are stuck until the outcome of this game to know who manager will be.  Hope not as that would be crazy.
    Wouldn’t make sense, TS has surely made up his mind either way. If JJ is going I’d expect us to know by early next week.
    What if he doesn't want to sack him (whether that's financial or because 12th would meet the target)? But if we finish bottom half we can get rid of him for free. I'm not saying it's the case but I don't agree it doesn't make sense. 
    Fair point, so it might be that TS is hoping we lose to save him paying JJ off!
    TS said this year's performance was an easy target for JJ (or words to that effect).  He took over when we were bottom 4.  An "easy" target I would imagine would have been top half.

I genuinely think top half sees JJ meet his performance target and TS needing to pay him off if he wanted to replace him and a bottom half finish sees TS having a free shot at replacing him.

Would def explain lack of player contract offers.  Would also be mad.  But there you go.

• Options
    paulfox said:

I was joking and referencing Davisson and Williams. 

I'll get my coat 😂
    Sorry, yes I know I got that, I was just making the point there are actually people that think they would help,🤷🏻‍♂️. Maybe I didn’t put it as well as I may have. Wasn’t having a pop.😬👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2022
    paulfox said:

A Davison and J Williams sized whoosh for you.
    Yes I rushed into a post on the move and got the context wrong😬, yep I’ve been a dickhead there😂.I’d get my coat but it’s as bad as my shit post🙄
  • Options
    The amount of contacts in football that have been accumulated between Johnnie Jackson, Steve Gallen and Terry S, must run into thousands. JJ needs to get a couple of faster Wing backs than Purrington and Matthews who are both steady players but we need better to fit the fluid 3-5-2 system or any system where you want an attacking full back; Wiggins in the 3rd tier winning season as an example. (Before the injuries took their toll)

Iredale, who has had 3 ACL would be an accident waiting to happen in the cursed Left back/wing back or attacking full back role. Just ask Wiggins and Page or numerous other LB who disappeared into the Bermuda triangle of the Sparrows lane treatment room. Ironically Morgan Fox is the only LB I can remember over the last decade who didn't get injured and he took stick.

Judge JJ on this summer's recruitment, where he has the casting vote; unlike Adkins who sounded like he didn't after hearing him on Zoom. 

I don't want to see our first goal of the season from open play in the last game of August as happened this season.

SAS style recruitment this summer:
    Get in quick, Get them fit, and hit the ground running from the first match of the season.
  • Options

Judge JJ on this summer's recruitment, where he has the casting vote; 
    Do you have a source for this assertion?
    Vitally important he gets the casting vote imo.
    Would also like to believe he has significant input in whoo we go for, not just position/type but individual.
  • Options

Would also like to believe he has significant input in whoo we go for, not just position/type but individual.
    He said at sponsors’ dinner that a lot of stats work is done by recruitment team then he inputs re character and word of mouth. He didn’t describe it as casting vote. 
  • Options

He said at sponsors’ dinner that a lot of stats work is done by recruitment team then he inputs re character and word of mouth. He didn’t describe it as casting vote. 
    More of a Louis Walsh than a Simon Cowell then
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Given he wants Connor to stay and Connor wants to stay, and with the lack of a contract offer, I'll guess the recruitment policy hasn't changed much in regards to decision making. (Yet)

Data first then other input was the scouting method last summer, as long as Jackson gets to pick the ones he wants from it I suppose it's an Improvement.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Rudoni expected to leave AFCW. We’re not mentioned directly but you’d expect he’s one we’ve considered. They wanted £1m in January but says the price may drop with a year left on his contract.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/jack-rudoni-expected-to-leave-afc-wimbledon-this-summer-with-interest-already-in-midfielder/

The South London Press has been told that there are Championship and League One clubs monitoring Rudoni’s situation. He has scored 10 goals and got seven assists despite playing in a Dons side who have failed to win a match since December 7.
  • Options

Sounds much more likely.
    Thanks Weegie
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Given he wants Connor to stay and Connor wants to stay, and with the lack of a contract offer, I'll guess the recruitment policy hasn't changed much in regards to decision making. (Yet)

Data first then other input was the scouting method last summer, as long as Jackson gets to pick the ones he wants from it I suppose it's an Improvement.
    It can't be worse can it?  Bar Kirk the players we wanted to get have been quite/very good. It's the other 6 that we got because we needed that was the problem. 

We have got even more to do this summer.  It's going to be a bumpy ride. 
  • Options
    Transfermkt say Rudoni is left footed.

Therefore along with JFC and Fraser he would ensure that our midfield would have a natural balance. His age wouldn't go against us in the squad cap also. 
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Therefore along with JFC and Fraser he would ensure that our midfield would have a natural balance. His age wouldn't go against us in the squad cap also. 
    It wouldn't be a balanced midfield if he played alongside JFC and Fraser, as that would be 3 left footers!

Good point about his age, I always thought that we screwed up by not signing any under 21s last summer, meaning that we maxed out our squad numbers
  • Options
    Richard J said:

It wouldn't be a balanced midfield if he played alongside JFC and Fraser, as that would be 3 left footers!

Good point about his age, I always thought that we screwed up by not signing any under 21s last summer, meaning that we maxed out our squad numbers
    The difficulty is the teenagers playing first team football tend to be the ones who get moves to the Prem. I guess you’ve got to sign them early but of course that’s a bigger risk.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Even more important if JFC doesn’t stay.
  • Options
    Know nothing about this Rudoni guy, but the photo in the south London press has him using his right foot. 
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    Know nothing about this Rudoni guy, but the photo in the south London press has him using his right foot. 
    Footballers only allowed to use one foot then?