Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Options
    Ah yes Jacob Roddy.......
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Would anyone take Josh Vela from Shrewsbury? Set to be out of contract from what I can see online.

A decent, if not spectacular, midfielder at this level. A good amount of Championship experience and already promoted once before with Bolton under Parkinson. That promotion season he played all 46 games and scored nine goals. Less profilic since.

• Options
  • Options
    Josh Vela would interfere with Project Gilbey. I hear he doesn't run around aimlessly enough. No thanks 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Would anyone take Josh Vela from Shrewsbury? Set to be out of contract from what I can see online.

A decent, if not spectacular, midfielder at this level. A good amount of Championship experience and already promoted once before with Bolton under Parkinson.
    P 35, 12 yellows, 1 red, 2 goals, 2 assists - What's not to like?

• Options
    Oh my god, that is VERY Gilbey! Excellent 
  • Options
    TS said last night that they  have been working on recruitment for months but he realised that fans won't see that activity.
    but if you expect us to do what Ipswich and Wigan did and spend three times what others are offering then think again.
    Nothing wrong with that personally. Have to be sustainable & there are good players out there that you dont have to spend massive amounts on!
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    He’s no world beater but his career would suggest that he’s a slight upgrade on Gilbey - if we can unlock the 16/17 version that got promoted, he’s a very good upgrade. If we were able to get a fee for AG and bring this guy in for depth, that wouldn’t be the worst piece of business in the world. 

Not saying he’s the answer to our promotion quest at all, this is about squad building.

Let’s be honest, Shrews aren’t the most exciting side to watch the past two years. I suspect he’s being asked to be much more defensively solid than he ever had to be at Bolton. 

Maybe a change of scenery and being part of a team that creates chances and is expecting to win week in week out might bring the best out of him.
  • Options
    TS said last night that they  have been working on recruitment for months but he realised that fans won't see that activity.
    but if you expect us to do what Ipswich and Wigan did and spend three times what others are offering then think again.
    Nothing wrong with that personally. Have to be sustainable & there are good players out there that you dont have to spend massive amounts on!
    Being stuck in league one is not sustainable either. 
  • Options
    He’s no world beater but his career would suggest that he’s a slight upgrade on Gilbey - if we can unlock the 16/17 version that got promoted, he’s a very good upgrade. If we were able to get a fee for AG and bring this guy in for depth, that wouldn’t be the worst piece of business in the world. 

Not saying he’s the answer to our promotion quest at all, this is about squad building.

Let’s be honest, Shrews aren’t the most exciting side to watch the past two years. I suspect he’s being asked to be much more defensively solid than he ever had to be at Bolton. 

Maybe a change of scenery and being part of a team that creates chances and is expecting to win week in week out might bring the best out of him.
    Center mid is the last place we want to be squad building.  We need a quality player not more Morgan, Gilbey level players. 

I would half agree if he was a center back or wing back. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not wanting to make this a JJ thread but I think as far as Sandgaard is concerned the jury on JJ is still out. I don’t see many owners throwing pots of money to managers that they probably are not 100% convinced will be around that long. I suspect if TS gets in the manager he’s 100% behind then he might be inclined to speculate a bit more. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Others clubs are doing okay though? Obviously you want to be a high as possible to bring the money in but if youre run sensibly then it shouldnt matter what league you are in.

Ipswich are the perfect example that throwing money at things doesnt always work.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Lavelle wasn't on our A list

Steve Gallen said Lavelle was the 2nd choice out of his list of 5 for CB after Kerr.

That is quite high because sometime it's been the 5th choice similar to Josh Parker from Gillingham.
    Doubt we'll know either way. Gallen isn't going to come out and say we were after 10 CB's but after missing out we went for Lavelle because he was better than nobody. 
    Would be a different strategy to the one employed last January where we decided nobody was better than somebody!

I think Lavelle proved himself worthy of his place here as the season progressed. Looking forward to him growing even more next season. Future captain material IMO.
    So far Lavelle looks like a decent L1 defender, but I've yet to see anything that makes him stand out as the sort of player who can step up to the next level.

Last team we were promoted we had a younger Pearce and Bauer plus Sarr and Bielik as options... Pearce had loads of Championship experience before we signed him, Bauer and Sarr were big money/wage signings from our Championship days while Bielik went for a massive fee to Derby a year later.

We let in 40 goals that season. This season we've let in 55 with a game to go.
  • Options
    The front two of Shrewsbury looked useful.

Plymouth had a dominant centre half.

Can't remember their names now but would improve us.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Others clubs are doing okay though? Obviously you want to be a high as possible to bring the money in but if youre run sensibly then it shouldnt matter what league you are in.

Ipswich are the perfect example that throwing money at things doesnt always work.
    Despite not "throwing money" at it (we actually have) we are still going to lose somewhere in the region of 8 million quid this year, and next year and the year after.  That is not substantial, is it? 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Steve Gallen said Lavelle was the 2nd choice out of his list of 5 for CB after Kerr.

That is quite high because sometime it's been the 5th choice similar to Josh Parker from Gillingham.
    Doubt we'll know either way. Gallen isn't going to come out and say we were after 10 CB's but after missing out we went for Lavelle because he was better than nobody. 
    Would be a different strategy to the one employed last January where we decided nobody was better than somebody!

I think Lavelle proved himself worthy of his place here as the season progressed. Looking forward to him growing even more next season. Future captain material IMO.
    So far Lavelle looks like a decent L1 defender, but I've yet to see anything that makes him stand out as the sort of player who can step up to the next level.

Last team we were promoted we had a younger Pearce and Bauer plus Sarr and Bielik as options... Pearce had loads of Championship experience before we signed him, Bauer and Sarr were big money/wage signings from our Championship days while Bielik went for a massive fee to Derby a year later.

We let in 40 goals that season. This season we've let in 55 with a game to go.
    Let's get the players to get us out of this level and then worry.

Morrison and Taylor played most games in our promotion year but Taylor then made way for Cort. 
  • Options
    The front two of Shrewsbury looked useful.

Plymouth had a dominant centre half.

Can't remember their names now but would improve us.
    Odoh for Shrewsbury looked useful and I thought their centre half Flanagan was more than decent.
  • Options
    Just dont rely on Flanagan to make any clearances in his six yard box ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Probably no chance he'd come to us but thought Ricardo Santos was excellent for Bolton when we played them. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Redhenry said:
    Wasn't Jason Kerr the main target from St Johnstone but went to Wigan?
    The players been told who staying and going to be offered new deals and who’s going … … 
    Funny that that wasn't what they were saying last night.

But Bexley Boy knows more than them.
    Does this mean they’ve have discussions but not offered formal terms or no discussions at all?

I was told Washington had asked for more money and the club had rejected that.
  • Options
    Sat next to Lavelle last night, he said he's been trying to persuade Stockton to join us and mentioned it to the manager but when I asked Jacko about Stockton he said whilst he was a very good player,he was too similar to Aneke and Jayden. So that one is out
    Id rather Stockton than Stockley - Trade? 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Probably no chance he'd come to us but thought Ricardo Santos was excellent for Bolton when we played them. 
    He was outstanding.
  • Options
    From what I heard at the dinner last night, discussions re any contract extensions have not yet begun. 
    I find that quite staggering.
    Really? with our setup.