Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Just clicked on that story about Marquis and Wimbledon and a related story popped up about their LB Nesta Guiness-Walker who is not signing a new contract - wonder if we're in for him?
  • I'd go for another at Lincoln, Anthony Scully. He's always impressed whenever I've seen Lincoln play and he's also from London so might fancy a move back home. 

11 goals in each of his last 2 seasons from the wing. 
    Remember his goal at The Valley made something out of nothing and took his chance well. 

One of the reason why last season was so boring was lack of that flair player. Previously, had someone like Holmes, Lookman, Aribo who could create some magic on there own. No one really had that ability and were all just honest professional instead of flair players.
    I think DJ has some flair both in skill and potentially with his passing as we saw him do for the Washington assist. We just need to get him on the ball in the right areas and with options making runs around him.
    And play him in his natural position!
  • The Garner style of short, sharp passing in the final third absolutely suits the wide players who had previously struggled under Bow / Adkins / Jacko. 

Kirk in particular is not a winger who beats a man and gets to the byline, his game is about being on the edge of the box and opening them up with a five yard pass that no-one else saw.

The prospect of DJ, Kirk, Fraser and Stockley (don’t laugh) passing and moving with Blackett-Taylor’s pace coming off the bench against tired legs is an exciting one.

Add Scully and/or Stockton to that equation and I’ll be ready to join in with the pants spaffing.
    It'd be nice to see Stockley joining in that sort of football but I haven't seen anything to suggest that's one of his attributes.
  • The Garner style of short, sharp passing in the final third absolutely suits the wide players who had previously struggled under Bow / Adkins / Jacko. 

Kirk in particular is not a winger who beats a man and gets to the byline, his game is about being on the edge of the box and opening them up with a five yard pass that no-one else saw.

The prospect of DJ, Kirk, Fraser and Stockley (don’t laugh) passing and moving with Blackett-Taylor’s pace coming off the bench against tired legs is an exciting one.

Add Scully and/or Stockton to that equation and I’ll be ready to join in with the pants spaffing.
    Watching Stockley live, I was surprised to see that his interplay is actually one of his greatest strengths - he has great ball control, can see a good pass, and very good at flicking it on to players running on - unfortunately there wasn't much of the latter going on last season, however.  Need some midfielders who aren't afraid to drive into the box and shoot 
  • edited June 2022
    Paddy7 said:
    The Garner style of short, sharp passing in the final third absolutely suits the wide players who had previously struggled under Bow / Adkins / Jacko. 

It'd be nice to see Stockley joining in that sort of football but I haven't seen anything to suggest that's one of his attributes.
    Lol I felt the same when typing it so added (don’t laugh) in an edit.

Who knows, maybe put him in a system that is all in on pass & move and he’ll surprise us. We've not had the kind of focus on this style of play in our recent history so everyone that's here should get a fresh look and a chance to prove themselves.

I'm not excited about DJ being part of their starting line up to be honest. We need far better to finish top 6. As a squad player he's fine though, I hope he progresses this season. 
  • edited June 2022
    I'd go for another at Lincoln, Anthony Scully. He's always impressed whenever I've seen Lincoln play and he's also from London so might fancy a move back home. 

11 goals in each of his last 2 seasons from the wing. 
    Is he the Fella who went down like a sack of shit when he stood next to one of our defenders?
    Good player when he stayed on his feet..
  • felix_31 said:
    The Garner style of short, sharp passing in the final third absolutely suits the wide players who had previously struggled under Bow / Adkins / Jacko. 

Watching Stockley live, I was surprised to see that his interplay is actually one of his greatest strengths - he has great ball control, can see a good pass, and very good at flicking it on to players running on - unfortunately there wasn't much of the latter going on last season, however.  Need some midfielders who aren't afraid to drive into the box and shoot 
    Yeah I agree with this. Lots of times Stockley would drop deep and control the ball and play a great pass out to someone on the wing.

I have the feeling he might surprise some people this season.
  • Sponsored links:

What a good saying. Why haven't I heard this before 
  • Richard J said:

The change in manager has meant he is no longer required.

So it looks like he probably was a target for Jackson.

We have and had a SMT whilst Jackson was here deciding on targets so No it doesn't mean anything of the sort.  

Wimbledon will try and get whoever they can afford so what is now a possibility for them, does not mean it was intended for us whilst JJ was here.

• This black box. Does it have 'pay transfer fee' turned off? 
    A transfer fee does not determine the quality of a player.  Some fantastic players for this level are out of contract.  More than happy to pick off out of contract players
    You do wonder who's going to be the first to break the mould as no one in L1 has paid a transfer fee as yet. My money's on Sheff Wed 🦉😡 and we must all beware the 'Foul Owl on the Prowl' (a track sung by the Little Willies, taken from the film 'In the Heat of the Night', staring Sidney Potter) 😎
    Paul Pogba 
    Antonio Rudiger 
    Jesse Lingard
    Nemanja Matic
    Joao Moutinho
    James Tarkowski

Would all turn up on the black box if “pay transfer fee” was turned off.  
  • Sponsored links:

• To be fair, even when you are playing as a one up front you need people to join you and Stockley was terribly isolated last season when we played it.
    Agree, we tend to get hung up on formations if we have a bad experience, 4231 we all feared after Robinson and now the Adkins 433.  

It’s not the formation because there are various ones that work well with decent sides, it’s how we apply it, part of the reason it went so wrong last season is we changed it early on and then again when Jacko took over and it was square pegs in round holes.  
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    We need two in every position, absolutely no doubt about that. Gunter at left-back vs Sheffield Wednesday was enough to deal with.

1x RB
    2x LB
    1x CB (ideally left-footed)
    1x RW
    2x ST

Don't care which ones are loans and vice versa but that has to be it if we want to go for promotion, can/will obviously change depending on who leaves 

Pretty much this however unless you are counting under 23s that would take us over squad limits or i’m guessing if you are asking for 2 more strikers you are assuming Josh Davison is going
  • edited June 2022
    If you are say holding a ball up. A decent target man can do this for a few seconds before he gets smothered. I thought Stockley was doing this to be fair but nobody gave him an option within a reasonable time frame so he was smothered or he flicked on to nobody.
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    We need two in every position, absolutely no doubt about that. Gunter at left-back vs Sheffield Wednesday was enough to deal with.

1x RB
    2x LB
    1x RW
    2x ST

Don't care which ones are loans and vice versa but that has to be it if we want to go for promotion, can/will obviously change depending on who leaves 

Talking of Gunter who can forget poor old Wiggins having to fill in at right back. 
  • CH4RLTON said:
    DDOUBLEE said:

1x RB
    2x LB
    1x RW
    2x ST

Pretty much this however unless you are counting under 23s that would take us over squad limits or i’m guessing if you are asking for 2 more strikers you are assuming Josh Davison is going
    Nope I'm just assuming that Aneke will pick up a long injury early on
  • I do feel we need a goal poacher - like BWP, BENT, MENDONCA 
  • edited June 2022
    This black box. Does it have 'pay transfer fee' turned off? 
    Who gives a shit. We’re not signing players not wanted by other clubs. Why buy a player if you can get one just as good for free. PSG conducted nearly all their transfer business last summer with freebies, it’s not an indication of their quality 
    In addition we wont have paid fees to clubs... But it just means we'll pay more to the individuals / agents - Signing on Fees for example will be smaller than a transfer fee, but always seem to get forgotten when a player is a free agent, we're not just getting away with taking over their wage.

The figures that get released, relating to that will be interesting for this summer, and will give a small reflection/
  • Has Alfie May moved yet?