Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• _MrDick said:
    seth plum said:
    Have we got a talisman?
    Yes, I attended Thomas Tallis and I’m a man. So by default, I’m a Talisman 
    Very good  😎
    How long ago were you at TT?
    Are you going to the Tallis 50th anniversary event in a couple of weeks?
  • supaclive said:
    He's going to play 4-2-3-1

Dobbo and McGrandlesbistogravy will be the "2"
    If he does, and I like the idea, I think we’ll need a new attacking central midfielder. Unlike some I rate Fraser very highly but I don’t  think he fits with the need for pace and goal threat in that role. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Not saying they were, but do we think any of the recent leakers could have been people that have now been sacked?

A lot of rumours were leaked and not once had any substance so far. Traps set by Sandgaard maybe?
    Flyod and Harvey leaking potential transfers, really @Dazzler21 we expect so much more from CL admin! ;)
  • Please do correct me if I'm wrong, but I think JFC has played LB for us before, and did well. Wonder if that's the plan for the coming season.
  • Please do correct me if I'm wrong, but I think JFC has played LB for us before, and did well. Wonder if that's the plan for the coming season.
    He was absolutely sensational at LB vs Fulham at Craven Cottage a couple of seasons ago
    Played Wing Back
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Please do correct me if I'm wrong, but I think JFC has played LB for us before, and did well. Wonder if that's the plan for the coming season.
    He was absolutely sensational at LB vs Fulham at Craven Cottage a couple of seasons ago
    Played Wing Back
    He was mustard that day, was the 2-1 win with Bonne scoring the header if I remember correctly 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Please do correct me if I'm wrong, but I think JFC has played LB for us before, and did well. Wonder if that's the plan for the coming season.
    Played Wing Back
    He was mustard that day, was the 2-1 win with Bonne scoring the header if I remember correctly 
    I mean, it finished 2-2, think Bonne scored though
  • 2-2 draw and yes JFC was excellent as was Pearce against Mitro
  • wmcf123 said:
    Jac_52 said:
    Vfrf said:
    I'm starting to wonder if 'Poundland Pep' might follow actual Pep's formation and line-up as a 4231: 

Jojo
    Manny - Lavelle - O'Connell - New LB
    Dobson - MacGrandles
    CBT - Fraser - Kirk
    Stockley

Really not a bad lineup as things stand.
    Pep mainly plays 4-3-3 with only one holding midfielder though. But agree that line up isn't too shabby but I'd be starting inniss until he inevitably gets crocked.
    Where do the goals come from? Looks like a less good version of the 17/18 team to me 
    The transfer window doesn't slam shut for another 2 months.
    I missed the announcement you must have heard saying there were to be no more signings.

The last announcement I heard was that there would hopefully be late signings, for some of the better players, who would be harder to sign, due to strong competition.
  • Sponsored links:

• DubaiCAFC said:
    Played Wing Back
    Blimey that's pedantic  :D
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Not saying they were, but do we think any of the recent leakers could have been people that have now been sacked?

A lot of rumours were leaked and not once had any substance so far. Traps set by Sandgaard maybe?
    Would not be surprised, if true it shows how out of touch with the English game the new owners are as leaks and rumour's are a staple part of any transfer window.

I was sitting with Chris Parkes in a meeting at The Valley when Danny Green & Dale Stephens signed and he told me the news, I asked him if it would be okay to tell people and he just laughed and said "of course you can, they are exciting players". 
  • The amount of references of that game JFC had against Fulham is hilarious. He had a good game, particularly first half but come on it was a 7/10 game 3 years ago
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this. He had a good game, granted, enough to
    maybe try him there again in pre season but to say he was absolutely sensational seems a bit of a dramatisation!
  • Great signings so far, seem to be well thought out and crucially fit the desired style of play. Hopefully budget left for a couple more permanent signings and then we shouldn’t have to be overly reliant on old loan players, and can instead add a couple of top quality young prem loans
  • Normally certain in the know posters come up with a few rumours some of which turn out to be correct. 
    I think that with the amount of staff turnover under Sandgaard their source of information has dried up.
    The players we have signed so far have come in under the radar.
    I expect any further signings to be exactly the same. 
    All we can do is be patient and wait.
  • For me the four perms should be

x1 RB
    x1 LCB (nice to have but not a deal breaker: can cover left back in a pinch?)
    x1 LB 
    x1 FW

From the names banded around on here, that could look like Callum Johnson, Nicky Cadden, Cole Stockton and Naby Sarr?

Lastly, supplement the squad with 2-4 loans

x1 RW/LW/FW
    x1 LB/RB

This, plus any other additions to cover other players that might leave such as MacGillivray, Gilbey or Davison and I’d be very pleased.
    Be pretty pleased with that. Really do hope we get Payne in though
  • Sponsored links:

• Still can't see where the goals are coming from.
    Midfield still looks very light on goals doesn't it. Fraser got 14 in 44 for MK but quite a lot were penalties weren't they?
  • Still can't see where the goals are coming from.
    Agree but I’ll be surprised if we don’t sign at least one striker and another attacking player (probably winger).
  • For me the four perms should be

x1 RB
    x1 LCB (nice to have but not a deal breaker: can cover left back in a pinch?)
    x1 LB 
    x1 FW

From the names banded around on here, that could look like Callum Johnson, Nicky Cadden, Cole Stockton and Naby Sarr?

Lastly, supplement the squad with 2-4 loans

x1 RW/LW/FW
    x1 LB/RB

This, plus any other additions to cover other players that might leave such as MacGillivray, Gilbey or Davison and I’d be very pleased.
    If we got those 4 in on permanents I'd literally spaff in my pants
  • edited June 2022
    Davo55 said:
    supaclive said:
    He's going to play 4-2-3-1

Dobbo and McGrandlesbistogravy will be the "2"
    If he does, and I like the idea, I think we’ll need a new attacking central midfielder. Unlike some I rate Fraser very highly but I don’t  think he fits with the need for pace and goal threat in that role. 
    When the game is being played at pace you definitely need somebody that can put their foot on the ball from time to time
  • Appreciate its a long shot but considering he is available, I would like us to try for Sarr though his wages might be an issue. 

LB/LWB is clearly needed along with a striker. Cole Stockton is still my personal 1st choice to fill that void. I Like Stockley and feel a signing like that would up his own tempo.

Must confess I dont know many decent LBs in the league so who would be peoples choice if viable? 

So far so good with the current signings though. Very encouraging and getting more excited for Accrington by the day!
  • Dazzler21 said:
    masicat said:
    Weak signings and on the cheap. As predicted. 
    Young attacking full back, the league 2 goalkeeper of the season and 2 players who were captain at their previous club. What's weak about them?
    Pretty sure he's another just on a wind up these days... Possibly has been since the "Algerian and a Belgian" days. 
    No mate, it’s called an opinion. If I wanted to wind people up,I would probably keep mentioning something that they said many years ago. That is called a wind up. Or like giving Jayesimi 2/10 every week when everyone else is giving him a 4, that’s a wind up. I don’t do that. Have a nice day.