Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• striker has to be high priority next
  • cafc4life said:
    striker has to be high priority next
    Left-back, obviously. Then back-up full-back. Then forward. In that order 
  • Scoham said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Still think we’re a winger short 
    I’d like one too, though in Kanu (spent time playing out wide for the u18s) and Campbell we’ve got two great prospects and they can be eased into the first team by coming off the bench.
    Know what you’re saying but I wouldn’t want us to switch a young out and out goalscorer to a winger in senior football. Seen that happen before over the years with the likes of Kim Grant. It dilutes that natural goal scoring ability as they adapt to a slightly different role. 
  • Winger is an interesting one. I really really hope Kirk comes good and shows what he can do. I can't see someone like a McKirdy coming to be a rotational piece with CBT and DJ so possibly a winger that can also play central if needed as one of the loan slots? I know it didn't work out last season with Leko but someone with the flexibility to play across a front 3 would probably be my target. 
  • J BLOCK said:
    Building a solid team, if we can get another 3 perm and strong loans, we are set to compete properly.
    Pleased we are starting from the back with our signings. Strong believe that promotion is build on a strong defence. Obviously still lacking in plenty of areas but we look to be in a good place with first pre-season game tomorrow. 

• So far so good with 4 good solid additions to what was a shaky defence, and looks like on decent 3 year contracts, so  a new LB and strong mobile striker should be next, certainly a new intent being shown so far..
  • With the Pope money, and players signed only for wages and signing on fees, I sincerely hope it doesn’t mean Dobbo leaving.
    I actually hope there is still some money for a nippy, waspish goalscorer.

• Have we got a talisman?
  • Sponsored links:

• masicat said:
    Weak signings and on the cheap. As predicted. 
    Young attacking full back, the league 2 goalkeeper of the season and 2 players who were captain at their previous club. What's weak about them?
    Pretty sure he's another just on a wind up these days... Possibly has been since the "Algerian and a Belgian" days. 
  • Valley11 said:
    Scoham said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Still think we’re a winger short 
    I’d like one too, though in Kanu (spent time playing out wide for the u18s) and Campbell we’ve got two great prospects and they can be eased into the first team by coming off the bench.
    Know what you’re saying but I wouldn’t want us to switch a young out and out goalscorer to a winger in senior football. Seen that happen before over the years with the likes of Kim Grant. It dilutes that natural goal scoring ability as they adapt to a slightly different role. 
    He scored goals regardless of position for the u18s. Assuming we’ll play 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 we probably need one of the wide forwards to be scoring double figures, it’s a big step up but I think it’s worth exploring whether he can offer that at first team level. I wouldn’t want him used as a lone striker and I’m not sure we should be playing two up front just to fit him as he starts to break through.
  • Going to depend massively on whether Garner wants to play 433 or 352. We learnt the hard way that wingers and wingbacks and very different roles. Egbo looks well suited to RWB and CBT did okay at LWB (good going forward but suspect defensively).
  • Belv said:
    Solid start but forwards are now a priority for me, a side with just Stockley, Aneke and Davison up front won't trouble the top 6.
    100%
  • 4-3-3 has definitely made the number 10 redundant. After Courtino left Liverpool, they changed to a 4-3-3 and became more successful without him; Plus they got a fortune for him.

You don't play two wingers and number 9 in a 3 as we tried early last season when in August we struggled to even create a chance from open play. DJ would need to improve so much in the box to get one of the 3 positions up front. Somehow you copy Liverpool's 3 forwards who can all drift wide to receive the ball but can also be deadly down the middle. Karlan Grant type forward after he came back from loan at Crawley and could play wide and down the middle.
    Taylor was decent wide and central as well. 
    CBT can play in a 3 up front and he would be the wide man on the left or right and the other two should play slightly closer together as this is the 3rd tier not Championed League. I expect Corey to have plenty of assists and also more goals.  

Garner is going for younger legs and the age of our squad will continue to fall. At League 1 level if Conor Mc and Dobbo can emulate Rice and Phillips in the Euros when instead of being two holding midfielders they had plenty of movement and Phillips even got caught off side a couple of time in first game then this revolution may start to happen. 
  • He's going to play 4-2-3-1

Dobbo and McGrandlesbistogravy will be the "2"
  • Sponsored links:

• 4-3-3 has definitely made the number 10 redundant. After Courtino left Liverpool, they changed to a 4-3-3 and became more successful without him; Plus they got a fortune for him.

You don't play two wingers and number 9 in a 3 as we tried early last season when in August we struggled to even create a chance from open play. DJ would need to improve so much in the box to get one of the 3 positions up front. Somehow you copy Liverpool's 3 forwards who can all drift wide to receive the ball but can also be deadly down the middle. Karlan Grant type forward after he came back from loan at Crawley and could play wide and down the middle.
    Taylor was decent wide and central as well. 
    CBT can play in a 3 up front and he would be the wide man on the left or right and the other two should play slightly closer together as this is the 3rd tier not Championed League. I expect Corey to have plenty of assists and also more goals.  

Garner is going for younger legs and the age of our squad will continue to fall. At League 1 level if Conor Mc and Dobbo can emulate Rice and Phillips in the Euros when instead of being two holding midfielders they had plenty of movement and Phillips even got caught off side a couple of time in first game then this revolution may start to 
    Stockley isn’t a forward to play in the Liverpool / Man City 4-3-3 Not skilful enough with his feet and not quick enough. 

When the kids come through that may be the way we are looking to play , but not sure that’s going to suit him. 
  • If we are looking to play a 433 then left back and an extra right winger are two glaring holes in our squad. If 352 then an extra striker and a wing back. After that it will be a case of bolstering the squad with bodies and bench options really.
  • I wonder if Oguntayo is ready to be back up LB yet? If so could be just one LB needed. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I wonder if Oguntayo is ready to be back up LB yet? If so could be just one LB needed. 
    I would imagine if he was in the running for a regular squad spot, he would have travelled to Spain ahead of Leaburn or Clayden
  • sam3110 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I wonder if Oguntayo is ready to be back up LB yet? If so could be just one LB needed. 
    I would imagine if he was in the running for a regular squad spot, he would have travelled to Spain ahead of Leaburn or Clayden
    He's also recovering from a long term injury, so you could be right. I expect Castillo to be our next permanent signing :lol:

• edited June 2022
    Not saying they were, but do we think any of the recent leakers could have been people that have now been sacked?

A lot of rumours were leaked and not once had any substance so far. Traps set by Sandgaard maybe?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Not saying they were, but do we think any of the recent leakers could have been people that have now been sacked?

A lot of rumours were leaked and not once had any substance so far. Traps set by Sandgaard maybe?
    Pretty pathetic if true