Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Vfrf said:
    I'm starting to wonder if 'Poundland Pep' might follow actual Pep's formation and line-up as a 4231: 

Jojo
    Manny - Lavelle - O'Connell - New LB
    Dobson - MacGrandles
    CBT - Fraser - Kirk
    Stockley

Really not a bad lineup as things stand.

Looks strong to me, although would prefer another striker but presume frazer could be more CF?
  • @sammy391 I expect us to sign a striker. We need the option to press and one better than Davison. I would love to see a Mullin/Stockton/McKirdy type 
  • Who knew that was coming? 
  • Vfrf said:
    I'm starting to wonder if 'Poundland Pep' might follow actual Pep's formation and line-up as a 4231: 

Jojo
    Dobson - MacGrandles
    CBT - Fraser - Kirk
    Stockley

Pep mainly plays 4-3-3 with only one holding midfielder though. But agree that line up isn't too shabby but I'd be starting inniss until he inevitably gets crocked.
  • Vfrf said:

Jojo
    Dobson - MacGrandles
    CBT - Fraser - Kirk
    Stockley

Wonder if Johnson from Pompey could be signed to convert to a LB? 
  • Vfrf said:

Jojo
    Dobson - MacGrandles
    CBT - Fraser - Kirk
    Stockley

Are there enough goals in there?
  • Sponsored links:

• @sammy391
    Unless he can use both feet equally I'd rather have him as competition at right back. I think we did miss that a bit last year because it was a case of 'who's fit, plays', especially forcing circle pegs into triangle holes half the year with the likes of CBT playing LWB and Gunter CB because we refused to change from a 352.
    Whilst it depends on formation, ideally I think we would need to sign 2x LBs, a RB, a CB, a Pressing Forward, a CAM & a LW without losing any. We could probably move on a CM or two to make room if needed (Albie or Gilbs ideally). I would make that at least 2 in every position.
  • Doing our business very, very quietly. No one had this intel again. 

Chuffed with that signing, imagine that rules out Louis Reed however 
    Apart from the quote 2 above your post..  
  • Quite funny that Lincoln forum think he was heading back to Scotland
  • 2 goals and 1 assist last season so he’ll fit in well!
    How many Dobson get?
    My comment was more in jest, does the dirty work well and will get better with us, good free transfer
    More Pirlo than Pratley this one.  Dirty work isn't his style at all.
  • Scoham said:
    Vfrf said:

Jojo
    Dobson - MacGrandles
    CBT - Fraser - Kirk
    Stockley

Good question, if we're going to get the Fraser & Kirk from 21/22, probably not. If Garner can unlock some of their prior form then I think there would be. Stockley managed over 20 with mainly set-pieces, if we get Kirk on the ball enough and train the team to play around that I think there are goals in there. 
  • edited June 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Doing our business very, very quietly. No one had this intel again. 

Chuffed with that signing, imagine that rules out Louis Reed however 
    Apart from the quote 2 above your post..  
    they were guesses no? Or rather hopeful of signings, 

I am talking no one has said ‘I know this player is signing’ and it’s happened yet. Suggests our recruitment team are competent
  • Vfrf said:
    @sammy391 I expect us to sign a striker. We need the option to press and one better than Davison. I would love to see a Mullin/Stockton/McKirdy type 
    What type is that?  3 completely different types of players 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Vfrf said:
    @sammy391 I expect us to sign a striker. We need the option to press and one better than Davison. I would love to see a Mullin/Stockton/McKirdy type 
    What type is that?  3 completely different types of players 
    How would you say these three are completely different? They all press, aren't overly 'target men' build, can play with their feet and are traditional poachers.
  • Scoham said:
    Vfrf said:

Jojo
    Dobson - MacGrandles
    CBT - Fraser - Kirk
    Stockley

I don't think so. Repeating myself but the key signing will be the attacking wide player/winger who is capable of scoring the amount of goals McKirdy did last season for Swindon. If that player can come in and get 15 we might be ok. 
  • Crying out for a striker that can make something happen by himself in the box. Mendonca  mkll please.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2022
    Scoham said:
    Vfrf said:

Jojo
    Dobson - MacGrandles
    CBT - Fraser - Kirk
    Stockley

I don't think so. Repeating myself but the key signing will be the attacking wide player/winger who is capable of scoring the amount of goals McKirdy did last season for Swindon. If that player can come in and get 15 we might be ok. 
    I don't think there was a single wide player that scored 15 in L1 last season* so I wouldn't count on us getting someone like that. We basically need 50odd from our front 4 and 20odd from anywhere please Carol.

*Edit: except Twine.
  • Appreciate I may get laughed at for this, is there any chance that if/when we play 2 up top the plan is to use CBT there? Similar to how Leko was used in the Championship season. 

Would give us the option at least of having the best(? Maybe? We'll see) midfielders we have in Dobson, McGrandles, JFC and Fraser and still play CBT. Could also be a complete disaster of a plan don't get me wrong.
  • Good signing that. New website looks better too.
  • Frenchy said:
    Appreciate I may get laughed at for this, is there any chance that if/when we play 2 up top the plan is to use CBT there? Similar to how Leko was used in the Championship season. 

Would give us the option at least of having the best(? Maybe? We'll see) midfielders we have in Dobson, McGrandles, JFC and Fraser and still play CBT. Could also be a complete disaster of a plan don't get me wrong.
    I don't think it's the worst option in the world but would prefer a more natural striker to sign.

CBT getting the ball in the last third, not his own half, is a scary sight for the opposition 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Kudos to @Callumcafc
    Get in. Although someone did mention him back in May ish time, longbefore I did.

Was it you @mart77 ?
    I’ve been an admirer of his but tbh for a variety of reasons I didn’t think we’d get him. I think we might have found a replacement for Josh Cullen. 
  • Frenchy said:
    Appreciate I may get laughed at for this, is there any chance that if/when we play 2 up top the plan is to use CBT there? Similar to how Leko was used in the Championship season. 

I don't think it's the worst option in the world but would prefer a more natural striker to sign.

CBT getting the ball in the last third, not his own half, is a scary sight for the opposition 
    Definitely agree I want a natural striker in, hopefully we can afford and target the right one and CBT can do just that
  • Never heard of him. Can't recall him playing for Lincoln. Stats look good. Hopefully he works out.