Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• edited June 2022
    Not always a fair comparison as some teams need more new players than others but does anyone know of a list showing how many signings each league 1 side has made so far?
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/transfers/wettbewerb/GB3/plus/?saison_id=2022&s_w=s&leihe=3&intern=0

Not completely fair as you say, may also include u23 signings, I can see it includes Sheff W signing a player from Ramsgate and Wycombe a player from Worthing. I’ve filtered out players returning from loan and transfers within the club.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    RedJohn said:
    Stockley will do just fine. We should this season get plenty of balls into the box and there will be plenty of shots coming in on goal. Plenty of blocked and rebound balls to pick up. I have no doubt he’ll hold his own in the goal scoring stakes. We do need though someone to complement him and score upwards of 15 and I don’t mean Chuks. We don’t have that player yet. 
    Did Swindon last year have a big lump up front, genuine question, as I thought Stockley would be heading for the exit door, as I didnt think he would suit our new tactics.
    I don’t think Stockley is the ideal front man for Garners proposed style but he’s effective and scores goals in what he does. If we can replace his goals with someone who does suit better then great but I doubt we can. Be a brave move to get rid of someone who scores the number of goals he does. 
    I have said it before but if you actually rewatch all our games from last season how many players would you say are suited to Benball?

2? 3?  Then there are the ones that didn't play much, for reasons, JFC, Fraser and Kirk.  So what half a dozen at best.

I think it's completely unrealistic to get rid of half a dozen more, and replace them.

I do think the right 4 or 5, plus a lot of luck on the injury front, could propel us towards the top six.  Add 2 or 3 in January if you can, it's possible.  Unlikely but possible.

Unless there is the appetite to aggressively off load players we won't go up this season.
    I think it's more a question of who is capable of playing Ben ball.

We have wallacot, egbo and Davison who haved proved capable. I think Kirk, O'Connell, and Fraser are definitely up to it whilst I also believe at least inniss, JFC, Dobson, gilbey, DJ, CBT, Stockley and even Albie will be capable of playing a lot better than the turgid football we served up under Jackson last season and can hopefully step up to play how Garner wants.

• Scoham said:
    Not always a fair comparison as some teams need more new players than others but does anyone know of a list showing how many signings each league 1 side has made so far?
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/transfers/wettbewerb/GB3/plus/?saison_id=2022&s_w=s&leihe=3&intern=0

Not completely fair as you say, may also include u23 signings, I can see it includes Sheff W signing a player from Ramsgate and Wycombe a player from Worthing. I’ve filtered out players returning from loan and transfers within the club.
    If accurate, suggests that no league 1 club has paid a fee for a player (except for compensation undisclosed) 
  • Don’t know why we are panicking! We have enough backing to be safe and if he spends a bit we go up.
    As we are we won’t go down.
  • Scoham said:

The lad from Ramsgate Bobby Dunn, who signed for Sheff Weds was on our books for a while. Pleased for him as he dropped down to work his way back up. 
  • It’s happening 
  • 👀👀
  • Conor Mcgrandles
  • Sponsored links:

• Connor mcgrandles
  • edited June 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Kudos to @Callumcafc
    Get in. Although someone did mention him back in May ish time, longbefore I did.

Was it you @mart77 ?
  • Great signing that
  • He’s good isn’t he?
  • Connor McGrandles
  • Is he any good? What kind of midfielder is he? 
  • Nice to have another signing but wonder who will be moved on from our midfield. Gotta be at least one of Albie, gilbey and Dobson now. Hopefully not the latter..
  • Sponsored links:

• Dizzle said:
    Is he any good? What kind of midfielder is he? 
    A midfielder on a 3 year deal.
  • Skipped to the end of video as has no idea who it was!
  • 2 goals and 1 assist last season so he’ll fit in well!
    How many Dobson get?
  • 6ft tall. 
    How many Dobson get?
    My comment was more in jest, does the dirty work well and will get better with us, good free transfer