Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• No Premier League wannabes please......especially not up front. Had far too many of them that have flattered to deceive. We're not Millwall who get players like Kane - we get Smith or Levitt.

Much prefer a tried & tested player, even if it's only been a 1season wonder like Stockton. 
  • edited July 2022
    Nesta Guinness-Walker is on trial at Reading but I still think that could be a goer if he doesn't get a deal there. Fits in with our current signings for me. 

Nesta Guinness-Walker:
    I had to check this one out as it sounded a made up name; Italian, Irish with a touch of Ben Watson !

'Who do you think you are' Nesta?

He is not only a left back it turns out that Guinness-Walker is dual heritage with Barbadian and wait for it, Alex Guinness is his great Grandad ! 

Not a lot of people know that.

you were only supposed to Blow The BLOODY DOORS OFF.

• DubaiCAFC said:
    Think Kanu might well get an opportunity early on this season and by the looks of him I reckon he'll grab it with both hands.

Our problem might be keeping hold of him after Christmas!
    He hasn’t developed physically yet, he is a good goal scorer, needs to work on other sides of his game, he will be in the u23s for now!

Mason Burstow hadn't developed physically but he still played and scored early doors despite being bullied by CB. The irony was he never looked like scoring after his move to Chelsea which took me by surprise on D day.
  • And he probably wouldn't have agreed personal terms anyway, given the apparent grudge he holds against us
  • Sponsored links:

• Keeping seeing this account being posted here for some reason. Would take anything that comes from it with a large pinch of salt.
    Tweets a lot like Colin…
  • supaclive said:
    If true wonder if this bid was before or after the Fraser deal, can't imagine Ipswich would sell two outcasts to us in one window but would of been a big outlay on our end
  • edited July 2022
    Boooo thought it was a new shite rumour.
  • edited July 2022
    supaclive said:
    Fraser was our priority in the last window. Very much doubt we offered Ipswich a big fee for Pigott as well…..especially after just bringing back Chuks.

TS is skint and only does free transfers 😉
  • Redhenry said:
    Stockton and a LB pls
    You back in the ITK game Red Hen??  Or is this pure desire.
  • Redhenry said:
    Stockton and a LB pls
    Sounds good to me, do think we need and are after another wide attacking option
  • Redhenry said:
    Stockton and a LB pls
    Sounds good to me, do think we need and are after another wide attacking option
    Ideally yes, I’m more concerned about goals and creativity, if we’re controlling possession teams will sit back in numbers.

I know we’d all like a LB but SS will be first choice based on what’s been said and I’m expecting Clayden to cover. Hopefully they both get off to a good start (Clayden in the cup games) and it won’t be seen as such a big issue. I thought SS was said to be two footed and I can’t see why they’d bring him in to play there if he can’t use his left foot.
  • Any chance of Macauley Bonne back with us or Troy Parrott on loan ? 
  • edited July 2022
    Any chance of Macauley Bonne back with us or Troy Parrott on loan ? 
    Probably...

• Sponsored links:

• A winger, a LB and a striker to replace Davison should do it. I don't know how much we're relying on having Clayden as our backup LB this season but getting another in would be good. We really do need a winger because at the moment we only have 3 and CBT's hamstrings will definitely twang at some point this season. A striker to seriously compete with Stockley as well and we're done. If we're only going to bring in 2 then I hope it's a winger and a striker, if we just act like a normal team for once then we don't need to get injuries in absolutely every position all season so Sessegnon could do the full job with Clayden as an occasional backup. I'd rather we brought in 3 though.
  • May I mention again that the increase in the number of substitutes allowed is going to be a game changer beyond the normal game changing  function of substitutes anyway.
    If Chucks Aneke was fit to be a substitute every game, experience has shown that as an impact introduction there are none better in our squad. My managerial thinking would assume Chucks would play regularly but not for long each game.
    We speculate on here from time to time about our best starting eleven, but I think we will shift inexorably to stating our best match day squad of eighteen.
    Our transfer activity needs to, and does, reflect this new reality.
    We have come a long way since the historic Keith Peacock moment, and many of us remember years and years of the single substitute law.
    Imagine for a moment what the situation in football would be if there were no substitutions allowed, or only one.
  • Redhenry said:
    Stockton and a LB pls
    You back in the ITK game Red Hen??  Or is this pure desire.
    Not sure what ITK game is, only saw Stockton once but he was a handful, the sort of striker I like..
  • A winger, a LB and a striker to replace Davison should do it. I don't know how much we're relying on having Clayden as our backup LB this season but getting another in would be good. We really do need a winger because at the moment we only have 3 and CBT's hamstrings will definitely twang at some point this season. A striker to seriously compete with Stockley as well and we're done. If we're only going to bring in 2 then I hope it's a winger and a striker, if we just act like a normal team for once then we don't need to get injuries in absolutely every position all season so Sessegnon could do the full job with Clayden as an occasional backup. I'd rather we brought in 3 though.
    There’s a good argument for a left sided CB too (Sarr?…) given Inniss’s injury problems and Deji’s lack of experience. They possibly see this as the season for Deji to push on and perhaps with Ness as an alternative.
  • edited July 2022
    mendonca said:
    The Bonne tweet doesn't really make much sense?!
    My fault. I linked the wrong tweet. Apparently Beale is giving him a chance at first team football this season. (Not sure if he's just saying that to up the price, though.)
  • mendonca said:
    The Bonne tweet doesn't really make much sense?!
    If I ever saw Bonne in a Charlton shirt again,,,, well I’d do something don’t know what, but I’d do it!!!!! Why is there this thing with old players? Especially when they aren’t any good!!