Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• edited July 2022
    Scoham said:
    `Just heard that we are in the final stages of agreeing terms and  signing Mcdonald from Swindon, do not get to excited for them. 
  • mendonca said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Think Kanu might well get an opportunity early on this season and by the looks of him I reckon he'll grab it with both hands.

Our problem might be keeping hold of him after Christmas!
    He hasn’t developed physically yet, he is a good goal scorer, needs to work on other sides of his game, he will be in the u23s for now!

Mason Burstow hadn't developed physically but he still played and scored early doors despite being bullied by CB. The irony was he never looked like scoring after his move to Chelsea which took me by surprise on D day.
    We actually had no other choice at that point 
    The same will happen again if we don't get 2 forwards in to replace the 2 who have left.
    As someone wiser said earlier in the thread, if you are worrying about the 3 strikers we have not being enough for the 1 striker spot, surely the 3 wide players we have for 2 spots would be more of a concern?

That being said, now Davison has gone I'm quite sure we'll get a loanee in that can be 3rd choice striker. And assumedly a loanee wide player and a loanee defender.
    I have said more than once I fully expect that the "finished" squad this window is going to have a few gaps and makeshift measures in it, to do a full scale rebuild on a L1 budget in a single window is very ambitious and frankly probably beyond our current means.

I'm sure there's a few more ins and outs to be done and hopefully Garner will build the same sort of team spirit here he appears to have done last season but I am not expecting this squad this season to end anywhere except League One

• J BLOCK said:
    supaclive said:
    Well we all know that can’t be true, TS doesn’t spend fees on players bla bla bla. 

Good news is, if we are bidding 600k on Pigott, it’s in the same region as Stocktons valuation. Can certainly see us making that flashy signing where TS gets to put on the shades and get the guitar on the go for the announcement 
    If it was the last window i imagine that budget was then spent on Aneke. 
    Along with Scott Fraser 
  • mendonca said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Think Kanu might well get an opportunity early on this season and by the looks of him I reckon he'll grab it with both hands.

He hasn’t developed physically yet, he is a good goal scorer, needs to work on other sides of his game, he will be in the u23s for now!

Mason Burstow hadn't developed physically but he still played and scored early doors despite being bullied by CB. The irony was he never looked like scoring after his move to Chelsea which took me by surprise on D day.
    The same will happen again if we don't get 2 forwards in to replace the 2 who have left.
    As someone wiser said earlier in the thread, if you are worrying about the 3 strikers we have not being enough for the 1 striker spot, surely the 3 wide players we have for 2 spots would be more of a concern?

That being said, now Davison has gone I'm quite sure we'll get a loanee in that can be 3rd choice striker. And assumedly a loanee wide player and a loanee defender.
    We need a first choice striker who can start and play 90 minutes with Stockley. Aneke is our 3rd choice striker as he will only be on the pitch for 30m per game.
  • Southbank said:
    mendonca said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

We need a first choice striker who can start and play 90 minutes with Stockley. Aneke is our 3rd choice striker as he will only be on the pitch for 30m per game.
    Garner has always played a 433 so only one striker on the pitch at a time.
  • Southbank said:
    mendonca said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

What formation are you expecting us to play? Obviously we will have 3 CMs that is a given. So I assume you think we will be playing 3-5-2? Which would make Kirk, DJ and CBT defunct.

Nah, we are clearly playing a 4-3-3. So where does this first choice striker fit?

If you mean to replace Stockley, I'd be fine with that but it's not going to happen, and if we got rid of Stockley there would be a lot of mouths frothing about Sandgaard. Stockley won't be anything but first choice and Chuks would be a waste as not the main sub of him.
  • mendonca said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Maybe that might be the case.. but I am
    sure at least 2 forwards will be signed 
  • edited July 2022
    J BLOCK said:
    supaclive said:
    Well we all know that can’t be true, TS doesn’t spend fees on players bla bla bla. 

Good news is, if we are bidding 600k on Pigott, it’s in the same region as Stocktons valuation. Can certainly see us making that flashy signing where TS gets to put on the shades and get the guitar on the go for the announcement 
    If it was the last window i imagine that budget was then spent on Aneke. 
    Along with Scott Fraser 
    No wonder TS is being cute with his money .  Add Lavelle and Kirk and he’s spent a lot for little outcome
  • Redhenry said:
    would love Stockton, a bit of Yann there I thought...

Had a dream recently where he scored 4 against us at The Valley. Could of been 4 own goals. All good finishes though.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2022
    Southbank said:
    mendonca said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

What formation are you expecting us to play? Obviously we will have 3 CMs that is a given. So I assume you think we will be playing 3-5-2? Which would make Kirk, DJ and CBT defunct.

Nah, we are clearly playing a 4-3-3. So where does this first choice striker fit?

If you mean to replace Stockley, I'd be fine with that but it's not going to happen, and if we got rid of Stockley there would be a lot of mouths frothing about Sandgaard. Stockley won't be anything but first choice and Chuks would be a waste as not the main sub of him.
    Assuming his first choice is close to Sutton, there are not enough goals in that line-up, even with Payne instead of JFC. We struggled to score enough goals last season with Stockley AND Washington on the pitch at the same time, and Aneke on the bench. There is nobody in the squad with a goal scoring record anywhere near as good as Washington's. So where are the goals coming from?

As it happnes, DJ and CBT both operated reasonably as wing backs and Egbo, Clare and Sessegnon can all play there.. But Kirk would be redundant that is true,. Given he is still pretty unproven that is no great loss.

I would play 3-5-2 with this squad because of the lack of goals in any of the possible  4-4-2 or 4-3-3 line-ups. We have 4 decent centre backs, 4 decent wing backs and 4 decent centre mids, ie plenty of choice for rotation (excluding JFC if he leaves). We just need one good extra starting striker.
  • Swisdom said:
     just been told we may be looking at Jack Diamond of Sunderland 

source is rather random so don’t shoot the messenger

Loan move?
  • Swisdom said:

League Two Harrowgate on loan last season. 

Perhaps Garner liked what he saw. 
  • Swisdom said:

I read that recently on the other other forum (no, not that one). It said he was mentioned on a few sites, but no idea what those are as it was the first mention I saw.
  • Swisdom said:

Guess we have to take the rough with the smooth
  • Wonder what the Drama queens of hearts would think of jack ‘o’ diamond on hear??!!😬…. Ok pretty tenuous I know.😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Southbank said:
    Southbank said:
    mendonca said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Assuming his first choice is close to Sutton, there are not enough goals in that line-up, even with Payne instead of JFC. We struggled to score enough goals last season with Stockley AND Washington on the pitch at the same time, and Aneke on the bench. There is nobody in the squad with a goal scoring record anywhere near as good as Washington's. So where are the goals coming from?

As it happnes, DJ and CBT both operated reasonably as wing backs and Egbo, Clare and Sessegnon can all play there.. But Kirk would be redundant that is true,. Given he is still pretty unproven that is no great loss.

I would play 3-5-2 with this squad because of the lack of goals in any of the possible  4-4-2 or 4-3-3 line-ups. We have 4 decent centre backs, 4 decent wing backs and 4 decent centre mids, ie plenty of choice for rotation (excluding JFC if he leaves). We just need one good extra starting striker.
    Fair enough, everyone's entitled to their opinion of course, but for me if we're playing DJ and CBT at wing back this season it's a no from me. We saw how that worked out last season.
  • Wonder if he's an alternative option to McKirdy

McKirdy last season: 23-goals | 13-assists
    Diamond last season: 14-goals | 9-assists

The latter is three years younger though, looks primarily a winger who can play on either the left / right flanks, although can play as a central Attacking Midfielder - Whereas McKirdy is more of a central / wide Striker.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    mendonca said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Or not…..
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    mendonca said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Or not…..
    Splinters in the arse by any chance!!🤣
  • Swisdom said:

Saw him play for Harrogate a couple of seasons ago, only thing I remember is he is electric quick
  • mendonca said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Only 1 has really left, Aneke replaced Davison in January for all the difference it made. 
  • Diamond primarily a left winger / number 10 type. Had a decent goal return in a struggling side (13 in 39).