Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• mendonca said:
    The Bonne tweet doesn't really make much sense?!
    Macaulay Bonne injures himself scoring I think was the point. 
  • Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    Stockton and a LB pls
    You back in the ITK game Red Hen??  Or is this pure desire.
    Not sure what ITK game is, only saw Stockton once but he was a handful, the sort of striker I like..
    ITK - in the know.  You used to have some takes if I remember rightly!
  • Bonne and another forward can’t remember who were nicknamed “the bash brothers” by Ipswich fans.  That’s a massive red flag for Garner ball.   
  • Chunes said:
    Any chance of Macauley Bonne back with us or Troy Parrott on loan ? 
    Probably...

??Are you Taylor in disguise..what's with the barnet Bonne... B)
  • Bonne and another forward can’t remember who were nicknamed “the bash brothers” by Ipswich fans.  That’s a massive red flag for Garner ball.   
    Is it? What does it mean?
  • supaclive said:
    This Reeco Hackett sounds like a rising star.

Hope TS snaps him up

I believe Reeco-Hackett was sent to Bromley by Bow.
    Was that so he could become a proper cockney..?
  • edited July 2022
    As Mr Plum said at 9.18am, football is evolving and I have said forget about the starting 11, it could be the 11 on the pitch after 70 minutes at the business end that may win or lose you the match. 

16 players now and most teams may well use the permitted 5 subs. Aneke with his 20 to 45 minutes a game could still make a massive difference to the result of our matches. 

The lower we drop down the divisions the less I know about the incoming players, other than what CL members say and that's normally OTT with a positive or negative stance.
    Some of the players I will know about from Youth football who have got pro contracts but most are just names that I vaguely know from watching the Quest round up. I focus on our players or the formations of the opposition when I'm at cafc matches. 
    Is it? What does it mean?
    In short, they were a couple of clumsy battering rams.  
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2022
    supaclive said:
    Well we all know that can’t be true, TS doesn’t spend fees on players bla bla bla. 

Good news is, if we are bidding 600k on Pigott, it’s in the same region as Stocktons valuation. Can certainly see us making that flashy signing where TS gets to put on the shades and get the guitar on the go for the announcement 
  • Piggot is the same as Stockley isn't he?, didn't have pace from memory..
  • Redhenry said:
    Piggot is the same as Stockley isn't he?, didn't have pace from memory..
    He’s better with his feet than stockley but similarly not that mobile. Stockley is better in the air though 
  • NabySarr said:
    Redhenry said:
    Piggot is the same as Stockley isn't he?, didn't have pace from memory..
    He’s better with his feet than stockley but similarly not that mobile. Stockley is better in the air though 

How dare you, it was like watching a young Eric Cantona on Saturday.
  • edited July 2022
    Oggy Red said:
    seth plum said:
    May I mention again that the increase in the number of substitutes allowed is going to be a game changer beyond the normal game changing  function of substitutes anyway.
    If Chucks Aneke was fit to be a substitute every game, experience has shown that as an impact introduction there are none better in our squad. My managerial thinking would assume Chucks would play regularly but not for long each game.
    We speculate on here from time to time about our best starting eleven, but I think we will shift inexorably to stating our best match day squad of eighteen.
    Our transfer activity needs to, and does, reflect this new reality.
    We have come a long way since the historic Keith Peacock moment, and many of us remember years and years of the single substitute law.
    Imagine for a moment what the situation in football would be if there were no substitutions allowed, or only one.
    Agree with this, Seth. I posted something similar a couple of weeks back saying that the 5 from the bench and the eleven that finished the game would be as important as the eleven that started.

We need to start thinking that it won't be say, Scott Fraser playing for 90 minutes but playing for 65 minutes and being replaced by say Jack Payne, for example ...... 2 players who are both capable of being considered 1st XI players, rather than as 'just' squad players.

It's a 16 man team now for most games; player energy levels will be managed more effectively allowing the team to play with greater intensity.
    Well, no doubt that will be the plan. :smile:

The system may even cut down of player burn out and injury.
    We will see more fresh and dare I say athletic play.
    Of course this works for all teams, but we will now also demand an extra level of managerial skill in their approach to deployment.

Edit. Just seen @lancashire lad say the same thing above. Apologies.
    Mind you won’t this also mean a change in how we mark/assess players post match😀
  • supaclive said:
    Nabby Sarr is NOT the answer.    Cult hero, but don't ever go back.
    I would normally adopt that mantra but Mortimer and whyte came back. Then I suppose so did Lee cook!
    Firmani , Kenning, Hales, Flanagan, Powell, Hewie. And many others. 
    I thought Hewie stayed with us for his entire career till he left to go back to SA after he's testimonial. 

Or have not remembered correctly. 
  • Redhenry said:
    would love Stockton, a bit of Yann there I thought...

It’s interesting that he still hasn’t moved. Too much of a gamble for Champ clubs perhaps? Wednesday don’t need him having signed Smith. Ipswich I assume have plenty of strikers. Maybe too expensive for Pompey (and us?). He’s at an age where now is a good time to move, if his form drops off he won’t get that big chance.
  • Sponsored links:

• I would take the 600k bid on Joe Pigott as fanciful. Reserve League 1 players don't go for that money when they are 29 in November. 

Joe was really good at Wimbledon in a struggling side and it really suited him there.
    Hold up play is good and he will shoot on sight. He can drift in behind but pace is not his game and isn't as good in the air as Stockley or Aneke.

Happy memories of seeing Joe score for Southend when coming on as sub at Wembley against Wycombe and also scoring a penalty in the shoot out. Good guy and a great family, his dad told me you have to have thick skin if you hear some loud mouth giving it large. 

Blackpool 72  have put this rumour to bed so let's move on to the fast forward who is similar football wise to Taylor and Grant and can be a winger/striker/forward.

Good luck Steve Gallen and your side kick Martin Sandgaard on that acquisition.

• Scoham said:
    Redhenry said:
    would love Stockton, a bit of Yann there I thought...

It’s interesting that he still hasn’t moved. Too much of a gamble for Champ clubs perhaps? Wednesday don’t need him having signed Smith. Ipswich I assume have plenty of strikers. Maybe too expensive for Pompey (and us?). He’s at an age where now is a good time to move, if his form drops off he won’t get that big chance.
    Barnsley need strikers still I think after losing Woodrow and Morris. They’ve signed Norwood but Duff is a 3-5-2 manager so they will want more. Makes sense geographically as well
  • supaclive said:
    Nabby Sarr is NOT the answer.    Cult hero, but don't ever go back.
    I would normally adopt that mantra but Mortimer and whyte came back. Then I suppose so did Lee cook!
    Firmani , Kenning, Hales, Flanagan, Powell, Hewie. And many others. 
    I thought Hewie stayed with us for his entire career till he left to go back to SA after he's testimonial. 

Or have not remembered correctly. 
    You are correct 
  • Scoham said:
    Portsmouth seem to get outbid for most players, both last season and this.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Think Kanu might well get an opportunity early on this season and by the looks of him I reckon he'll grab it with both hands.

Our problem might be keeping hold of him after Christmas!
    He hasn’t developed physically yet, he is a good goal scorer, needs to work on other sides of his game, he will be in the u23s for now!

Mason Burstow hadn't developed physically but he still played and scored early doors despite being bullied by CB. The irony was he never looked like scoring after his move to Chelsea which took me by surprise on D day.
    We actually had no other choice at that point 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Think Kanu might well get an opportunity early on this season and by the looks of him I reckon he'll grab it with both hands.

He hasn’t developed physically yet, he is a good goal scorer, needs to work on other sides of his game, he will be in the u23s for now!

Mason Burstow hadn't developed physically but he still played and scored early doors despite being bullied by CB. The irony was he never looked like scoring after his move to Chelsea which took me by surprise on D day.
    The same will happen again if we don't get 2 forwards in to replace the 2 who have left.
  • mendonca said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

The same will happen again if we don't get 2 forwards in to replace the 2 who have left.
    As someone wiser said earlier in the thread, if you are worrying about the 3 strikers we have not being enough for the 1 striker spot, surely the 3 wide players we have for 2 spots would be more of a concern?

That being said, now Davison has gone I'm quite sure we'll get a loanee in that can be 3rd choice striker. And assumedly a loanee wide player and a loanee defender.
  • supaclive said:
    Well we all know that can’t be true, TS doesn’t spend fees on players bla bla bla. 

Good news is, if we are bidding 600k on Pigott, it’s in the same region as Stocktons valuation. Can certainly see us making that flashy signing where TS gets to put on the shades and get the guitar on the go for the announcement 
    If it was the last window i imagine that budget was then spent on Aneke.