Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Is Diamond a gem ?
    Late to the party with that one mate!!🤣
  • Don't know wether the lad would suit us!

At least it's not a fish pun.
  • Don't know wether the lad would suit us!

At least it's not a fish pun.
    Come on now, pack it in!!, Aliwibble will have to start shuffling the comments around.🙄😬
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Diamond would be a perm because diamonds are for ever.......
    PERM?!!! Hang on let me get my pencil out!!😂
  • These are not the most polished puns I’ve ever read. 
  • These are not the most polished puns I’ve ever read. 
    A diamond is a bad pun that did well under pressure.....
  • mart77 said:
    Only wishful thinking but no Scully in the Lincoln team tonight. 
    Its not surprising really, but he's being linked with a reunion at Blackpool with Appleton... Worked together last season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• mart77 said:
    Its not surprising really, but he's being linked with a reunion at Blackpool with Appleton... Worked together last season. 
    Same/similar position to Dale?
  • Southbank said:
    mendonca said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Think Kanu might well get an opportunity early on this season and by the looks of him I reckon he'll grab it with both hands.

Our problem might be keeping hold of him after Christmas!
    He hasn’t developed physically yet, he is a good goal scorer, needs to work on other sides of his game, he will be in the u23s for now!

Mason Burstow hadn't developed physically but he still played and scored early doors despite being bullied by CB. The irony was he never looked like scoring after his move to Chelsea which took me by surprise on D day.
    We actually had no other choice at that point 
    The same will happen again if we don't get 2 forwards in to replace the 2 who have left.
    As someone wiser said earlier in the thread, if you are worrying about the 3 strikers we have not being enough for the 1 striker spot, surely the 3 wide players we have for 2 spots would be more of a concern?

That being said, now Davison has gone I'm quite sure we'll get a loanee in that can be 3rd choice striker. And assumedly a loanee wide player and a loanee defender.
    We need a first choice striker who can start and play 90 minutes with Stockley. Aneke is our 3rd choice striker as he will only be on the pitch for 30m per game.
    Garner has always played a 433 so only one striker on the pitch at a time.

You need 3 forwards in the 3 up front who can score or assist goals. If our number 9 is isolated like the first 13 games of last season how are we improving, or are Jack Payne and Scot Fraser scoring ten League  goals each as attacking midfielders ? Plus CBT being given an attacking role out wide on either flank as we aren't playing 3-5-2.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    mart77 said:
    Same/similar position to Dale?

I was at the Lincoln home game, forever to be known as the Gilbey two acts of madness game or the game we realized that Conor Washington could miss all 4 of his chances;  I need to move on.

Without checking who was the Charlie Kirk lookalike was it Dale or Scully who was ginger but played on the right but was very left footed. The opposite of Kirk but had an effective 1st half when attacking the Covered end ?
  • 5' 9"
    Also known as the perfect height. #justsayin
  • I notice Joe Powell has signed on for two more years at Burton today. I wonder if he was our back up plan for Payne? 
  • edited July 2022
    Yeah interesting timing, I know Gallen is a fan of his. We may have been in for him as a plan B. Think Payne is the better of the two! 
  • Please not Master Bates. 
  • Please not Master Bates. 
    Steady 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• The source was Nixon, he's not known for being reliable.

Edwards is 6 ft 5 and Bates 6 ft 4, perhaps we're looking for another big CB in the Inniss mould.
  • Scoham said:
    The source was Nixon, he's not known for being reliable.

Edwards is 6 ft 5 and Bates 6 ft 4, perhaps we're looking for another big CB in the Inniss mould.
    Both are right footed though I believe, probably not a deal breaker but would mean exactly zero left footed defenders which would be an interesting position to be in.
  • thenewbie said:
    Scoham said:

Both are right footed though I believe, probably not a deal breaker but would mean exactly zero left footed defenders which would be an interesting position to be in.
    It's not an absolute must for CBs, Powell's team managed fine without one. At left back we'll either use Clayden as back up or bring one in.
  • now Birmingham are in the mud, any players we can get from them. Someone like Jordan Graham? (10000% not leko) 
  • Scoham said:
    thenewbie said:
    Scoham said:

It's not an absolute must for CBs, Powell's team managed fine without one. At left back we'll either use Clayden as back up or bring one in.
    I agree for what it's worth, especially in the modem game where even rugged defender types are more often than not very capable on the "wrong" side anyway.

I'm fairly sure the focus is more on having some physical size and power in defence when Iniss inevitably breaks down after blinking too hard.
  • now Birmingham are in the mud, any players we can get from them. Someone like Jordan Graham? (10000% not leko) 
    Not sure on Graham, has had one decent season and didn't score a single goal last year.