Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• For what it's worth, with a month to go, I think our transfer window so far has been pretty impressive
    really ??

lost 2 strikers that haven't been replaced
    lost a left footed left back that hasn't been replaced
    recruited 3 defenders, a defensive midfielder, a goalkeeper (that wasn't a priority) and 1 attacking midfielder.

In a team last year that didn't score enough goals to even get into the top half of the league. I understand you "build from the back" but goals win you games. 

Currently I would give the "rebuild" 5 out of 10. The squad itself about a 7 (and that's being generous)

We start our first game tomorrow with just 1 fit striker. If Stockley gets injured or sent off tomorrow we have big problems.

But I'm just a doom monger & everything will be alright once the transfer window closes on Sept 1st. 

You were right last year and I agree with your summary of where we are right now. Season after season we go through the first half a dozen games with significant weaknesses in the squad and an expectation from many that this will be solved by the time the window closes. We lose too many points during that first phase. Let’s hope it doesn’t happen again.

• Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    First person to make a turning circle joke gets a punch 
    High five! Of all the people to deliver the punchline…

It's a fucking cheat code for my LOL count 
    Love your work
  • Leuth said:
    First person to make a turning circle joke gets a punch 
    We could have a regatta the amount players in our team that would qualify!!🤣
  • Millwall now copying our transfer policy. looks like they got Harry McKirdy the swindon forward. his personality probably suites them better. 
  • Millwall now copying our transfer policy. looks like they got Harry McKirdy the swindon forward. his personality probably suites them better. 
    Crawley the most the likely destination if I’m honest. 
  • is it true Elewere has gone to Wealdstone? Thought he would be back up to Innis, Lavelle and O’Connell 🤷‍♂️
  • I don't get that move at all. Cool we can call him back, but I would have thought he was further in the first team plans than letting him go on loan
  • is it true Elewere has gone to Wealdstone? Thought he would be back up to Innis, Lavelle and O’Connell 🤷‍♂️
    Best of luck to academy graduate Deji Elerewe who has joined @WealdstoneFC on loan until January 🤝

The Addicks have the option to recall Elerewe at any point during the loan after the first 28 days. 
  • Sponsored links:

• More faith in Inniss's body......
  • Left sided CB lined up??
  • edited July 2022
    paulfox said:
    Left sided CB lined up??
    Left sided CB who can play Left-Back probably

Someone mentioned an 18-year old Spurs lad who had been signed from Southend as a good example
  • I'd start Gilbey. He is our best chance of midfield goals IMO.
  • paulfox said:
    Left sided CB lined up??

Someone mentioned an 18-year old Spurs lad who had been signed from Southend as a good example
    Yes that’s my uneducated guess, not a clue about who though.
  • Very best wishes to Deji and Wealdstone.
    Wealdstone have done a cute bit of business there.
  • Beauty of a Non-League loan... If we get an injury after those 28-days... then we just recall him.

Nice that we seem to have a decent relationship with Wealdstone, as seems a good way to get our kids into the National League who play a decent style of Football - Wonder if Dylan Gavin will end up there too
    I think Deji is going to be a very good player, hopefully for us
  • paulfox said:
    Left sided CB lined up??

Be risky for a loan, unless the parent club are happy for them to be "in and around" the squad.
  • Beauty of a Non-League loan... If we get an injury after those 28-days... then we just recall him.

Nice that we seem to have a decent relationship with Wealdstone, as seems a good way to get our kids into the National League who play a decent style of Football - Wonder if Dylan Gavin will end up there too
    I think Deji is going to be a very good player, hopefully for us
    Wealdstone certainly helped improve Clayden and Henry given how better they've looked in pre-season for us

I've been impressed with Henry when I've seen him in Cup games before now, but has equally had moments where he's looked out of his depth - Hasnt appeared the case this season, be nice if he ended up somewhere like Bromley or even League Two if he's another who wont get involved enough this season.

Then again the National League probably isnt too different to League Two in terms of quality.

Just look at how Sutton did in the latter last season, so why not send our kids to the NL instead, as then we're not guaranteed to lose them until the next Transfer Window at the earliest.
  • Sponsored links:

Gilbey is excellent if you dislike possession.  
  • edited July 2022
    If you play with one striker you need somebody who is going to buy the tickets. His game is all about that. He just needs a few more winning tickets!
  • If you play with one striker you need somebody who is going to buy the tickets. His game is all about that. He just needs a few more winning tickets!
    Payne is the lotto player.  Probably comes too early for him today though.
  • Payne could well be that sort of player. I'd have Dobbo holding things together and Payne and Gilbey in there. And hope they score a few.
  • If you play with one striker you need somebody who is going to buy the tickets. His game is all about that. He just needs a few more winning tickets!
    Point I’m making Mutts is that he’s the opposite of what Garner’s trying to do, we saw him last season an absolute passenger in a lot of games.
    RUMOURS that Millwall are interested in signing Harry McKirdy are currently thought to be wide of the mark, Adver Sport understands.
  • edited July 2022
    Wow, really surprised with the timing of the Elewere move, especially as we can't recall him for the first 28 days. It was interesting though in one of the pre season matches, where he played RB and Ness played in the middle, so clearly Garner wanted to see how Ness coped there.

Wealdstone is a decent club. With the NL being so strong, and the lack of transfer window rules, it makes sense to loan players there. 
    In what multiverse is that? Gilbey has scored 16 league goals in his last 5 seasons. He has 28 career goals in 318 games. Jack Payne has 57 in 333 and Scott Fraser has 51 in 306. Fraser and Payne both have around double the goals Gilbey does. Even JFC has 26 goals in 247 (2 fewer goals in 71 fewer games). Not only does Gilbey not suit the style we're playing he's never been a real goal threat and never scored more than 5 goals in a season. I'd love that to change but there's absolutely nothing indicating that he's the best chance of goals. He's not got that many more career goals than Sean Clare
    Interesting. Are you saying there are multiple multiverses?

😉