Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• edited July 2022
    Rak Sakyi just followed Leaburn on instagram, for anyone who thinks that holds any weight

They both came through the Chelsea academy at the same time (I think JRS is a year older) so probably already know each other.

Doesn't mean he's not signing tomorrow either.
    Doesn't mean he is signing either Henry, so as you used to say back in the day...IAWIOTOSFFS... ;)
  • Rak Sakyi just followed Leaburn on instagram, for anyone who thinks that holds any weight
    ‘Just’ followed him or ‘already’ followed him?
  • Rak Sakyi just followed Leaburn on instagram, for anyone who thinks that holds any weight
    ‘Just’ followed him or ‘already’ followed him?
    They were both youth players at Chelsea so could be the latter
    Leaburn is off to Palace FFS.
    Despite the lol count, if they came knocking, even with his family connection, I doubt anyone would tell him to turn it down. 
    Despite the lol count, if they came knocking, even with his family connection, I doubt anyone would tell him to turn it down. 
    Behave 
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't understand a football journalist going away on holiday at the start of the football season and during the transfer window. 
    Probably when his kids are on school summer holidays, Golfie. :smile:

• Oggy Red said:
    Can't understand a football journalist going away on holiday at the start of the football season and during the transfer window. 
    Probably when his kids are on school summer holidays, Golfie. :smile:

And the season has start ridiculously early. 2 weeks? 
  • Can't understand a football journalist going away on holiday at the start of the football season and during the transfer window. 
    Something to do with having kids, school holidays and working to live rather than the other way around I imagine.
    Laughing at the idea of Richard Cawley's marriage falling apart, as he dedicates himself to placating a random, middle-aged man off the internet's thirst for transfer rumours - at the expense of his home life.

"Come to bed Rich, I miss you"

"I can't - Golfie needs an update on the Tom Cannon deal. I can't let him down"
    He is also a sports journalist not a football journalist, he covers a number of different sports such as Boxing etc.
  • Just means that Charlton cant sign anyone till Cawley gets back... Not ideal, but what can we do about it
    We can sign them but there will be no way for fans to find out about it.
  • edited August 2022
    Just means that Charlton cant sign anyone till Cawley gets back... Not ideal, but what can we do about it
    We can sign them but there will be no way for fans to find out about it.
    It will be back to the days when, for instance, we signed John Barnes and didn't know till he was introduced to the crowds disbelief. That turned out well.
  • Sponsored links:

• In fairness to Barnes, a bit like Di Canio’s cameos, he pulled off one of the juiciest bits of skill I have seen from a player in a Charlton shirt. I will see if I can find the footage anywhere, but remember him having two players bearing down on him from behind and him pulling off some flick trick to mug the pair of them off and take the ball and himself reversed between both of them. Am pretty sure it was vs Liverpool too. Got the pulse moving for sure…
  • Any new players will have to cover their faces while they play. It will be like The Masked Footballer. Then when Rich gets back he will reveal who they are. 
  • edited August 2022
    If I remember correctly this time last season Cawley would still pipe up if he had a decent bit of info whilst on holiday, so all is not lost!
  • edited August 2022
    Uboat said:
    Any new players will have to cover their faces while they play. It will be like The Masked Footballer. Then when Rich gets back he will reveal who they are. 
    Ah you mean our blond haired right back on Saturday, must be time for his name to be revealed. Why should we wait until Cawley is back up find out?
  • Scoham said:
    Uboat said:
    Any new players will have to cover their faces while they play. It will be like The Masked Footballer. Then when Rich gets back he will reveal who they are. 
    Ah you mean our blond haired right back on Saturday, must be time for his name to be revealed. Why should we wait until Cawley is back up find out?
    I think she was transferred from the women's team as I heard her name is Claire.
  • Uboat said:
    I have visions of Jonathan Ross guessing Harry Kane or Lewandowski, only for Simon Church to be revealed
    I miss Spongefoot - still the best nickname for a footballer.
    I can!
    That's so far beyond not funny!!  FFS

Oi Mods we need the report button back for this sort of dangerous bullshine