Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Charwill said:
    It won’t be sarr as his wage demands will be far too high
    he was earning £15k a week at Huddersfield, I know this to be true as a guy I know knew him well
    He only stayed with us so long because he wages were so high 
  • I would imagine Stockley is our highest earner on circa £5k a week so sarr won’t be coming!
  • Pratley was an asset to our squad imo, I hold him in high estimation.
    We know what he was good at but in addition he filled in at CB when we we’re desperately short handed in the second half of the season. I actually think he was over used (for his age) in that period playing every game, affecting his form somewhat during the last few games of the season.
  • Redhenry said:
    Chunes said:
    Thanks for the memories, Ben. The painful, awful memories.

I think we should henceforth refer to that Pratley-Watson midfield pairing as 'The Partnership that shall not be Named.' Like Voldemort.
    Outrageously harsh on Pratters that. One of the best midfielders we’ve had in the last 15 years 
    Thought this reply was a joke at first, some are easily pleased. I would put Pratley in the bottom half…and the comment got 23 likes 🤣
    That would go back to, what, the 2008/09 season? Some sad act will have to work out all the midfielders we've had in that 15 year period and then work out if he's bottom half or not. That sad act will be me. See you later.
    Sigh. https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/94538/where-does-darren-pratley-rank-in-the-last-15-years#latest

• Charwill said:
    I would imagine Stockley is our highest earner on circa £5k a week so sarr won’t be coming!
    Fun fact, Paul Mullin’s new deal at national league Wrexham would make him our highest earner.

that’s not to say we pay low wages but just shows how ridiculous their financial weight is at that level.
  • Mullins who can blame him! Was at Cambridge and we I think offered him a two year deal on 5k a week
    he is from Liverpool so Wrexham he can commute gave him a 3 year deal at believed to be 9k a week!
    we would do the same given his situation 
  • Mullin hardly chose playing in the NL instead of L1 out of love for Wrexham!
  • Interesting but can’t see us signing him, too similar to Stockley, not nippy enough.
  • Though Garner did say we were close to two signings.

• Sponsored links:

• In this team he will absolutely bang them in, his movement and strikers instinct is exactly what’s missing from this side, I will be ecstatic if it’s us who have managed to get his signature 
    I’m not convinced he is nothing more than a one season wonder BUT he would have greater movement than Stockley and would suit this system better than Jayden.
  • In this team he will absolutely bang them in, his movement and strikers instinct is exactly what’s missing from this side, I will be ecstatic if it’s us who have managed to get his signature 
    I’m not convinced he is nothing more than a one season wonder BUT he would have greater movement than Stockley and would suit this system better than Jayden.
    Fleetwood fans seem convinced it’s them anyway, strange move 
  • edited August 2022
    Wrong thread lol
  • Striker, striker, striker needed.
  • A striker in this week please 
    Fleetwood fans seem convinced it’s them anyway, strange move 
    If it’s us we probably wouldn’t know until it’s almost done anyway.
  • The trouble that Garner has is that he's made Stockley captain, the main man, not sure he's not regretting putting all his eggs in that basket.
    Doesn’t mean he has to pick him. Stockley has a job to do - score goals. If he doesn’t do that then he won’t play - captain or not. Problem is, nobody is breathing down his neck. 
  • Sponsored links:

• The trouble that Garner has is that he's made Stockley captain, the main man, not sure he's not regretting putting all his eggs in that basket.
    Doesn’t mean he has to pick him. Stockley has a job to do - score goals. If he doesn’t do that then he won’t play - captain or not. Problem is, nobody is breathing down his neck. 
    Fully agree,he doesnt have to pick him at all. Like you say, theres no one else is there🤷‍♂️
  • We need a striker ffs
  • Scoham said:
    Interesting but can’t see us signing him, too similar to Stockley, not nippy enough.
    He'll get 20plus goals for us and we are currently about that number short within the squad. It is a no brainer for me.
    He never ‘banged them in’ for any team the seasons before last, and so far this year including the pre season friendlies he scored the exact same amount of goals as Stockley.

The fact that it appears that Fleetwood are the front running team willing to spunk the cash on him should tell you everything about the risk he represents for teams.
  • edited August 2022
    I think our lack of striker options on game 3 is what you can class as a risk.
  • Scoham said:
    Interesting but can’t see us signing him, too similar to Stockley, not nippy enough.
    He'll get 20plus goals for us and we are currently about that number short within the squad. It is a no brainer for me.
    What makes you think that until the last two seasons, a player who had never scored over 5 goals in a season, and only over 15 once will score 20 plus goals for us?
  • Scoham said:
    What makes you think that until the last two seasons, a player who had never scored over 5 goals in a season, and only over 15 once will score 20 plus goals for us?
    The fact that he looked the best striker at The Valley last season, scored 20+ goals, including at least 2 from the half way line.
  • Stockton’s record before last season doesn’t suggest he’s a goalscorer. But so many seem to be sold based on one hot season