Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Gave Kirk the benefit of the doubt but there’s nothing I’ve seen thus far in pre season or now the season has started that makes me think he’ll be a success. If we can recoup our money I’ll take it. 
  • edited August 2022
    Leuth said:
    if we're offered cash money for Kirk i suggest we take it and run
    Yep. Take it & offer the same amount to Swindon for McKirdy. Definitely need more goal scorers in our front 3. JRS will help with that but at his age we can’t rely on him to be the only winger that gets into double figures.
  • NOT a rumour concerning us .. BUT .. 

according to the FFL highlights prog, Cole Stockton might be moving down the coast a few miles to Fleetwood, hardly a glamour move .. he can't be on sale for a lot if Fleetwood are the buyers .. last season might have been an 'Ajose one off', but surely we should be in the chase for a proven(ish) L1 striker ?
  • Gilbey linked with Pompey according to their local paper.
  • Richard J said:
    Gilbey linked with Pompey according to their local paper.
    That's the first "as much of a sniff" for Gilbey actually going isn't it?

according to the FFL highlights prog, Cole Stockton might be moving down the coast a few miles to Fleetwood, hardly a glamour move .. he can't be on sale for a lot if Fleetwood are the buyers .. last season might have been an 'Ajose one off', but surely we should be in the chase for a proven(ish) L1 striker ?
    He's nowhere near proven, he's had one decent season and that's come pretty late in his career. 

If the likes of Fleetwood are the favourites, that suggests that Ipswich, Derby etc and other "big" clubs don't see him as worth the gamble, not just us.
  • Richard J said:
    Good move for all concerned .  I used to think he had something - the athleticism is a great asset but he’s been largely abysmal since the end of Jackson’s caretaker spell 
  • Sponsored links:

100,000 they offered .. no one else has made an offer for him 
  • thenewbie said:
    NOT a rumour concerning us .. BUT .. 

He's nowhere near proven, he's had one decent season and that's come pretty late in his career. 

If the likes of Fleetwood are the favourites, that suggests that Ipswich, Derby etc and other "big" clubs don't see him as worth the gamble, not just us.
    Clubs that don't need a striker as much as us. 
  • Richard J said:
    Swap him for Ronan Curtis! 
  • thenewbie said:

Mutts literally everyone knows that we need a striker  I would guess that TS knows that as well. Trouble is where from that would do the job ? We cant just panic and buy one that isnt right otherwise we are in a worse position with a player taking up a squad place. I'm still pretty confident we will buy a striker just no clue who
  • thenewbie said:

Both clubs that don’t need a striker as much as us because they already both signed 2 strikers this transfer window, non of them Cole Stockton.
  • We can disagree on who it should be but ultimately I am not convinced TS does know. It is my problem with the bloke and it has been doing my head in for a while. I love this club and believe he is honest and has spent money. I just think he is clueless and it will end badly and it is getting to me big time. It is hard to get excited about the club at all at the moment for me. I dearly hope I am wrong but the longer it goes the more I think I am right.
    Pretty much how I see it.
  • Scoham said:

When asked few weeks back JJ admitted few weeks ago he would love JFC but would need a lot of help from CAFC to get a deal done 

• Sponsored links:

• JFC and Gilbey both off the books would help a lot in being able to bring in a striker IMO
  • Scoham said:

If JFC goes to Wimbledon it will make resigning Chuks look logical and uncontroversial.

Why renew someone's contract and the effectively pay them to play for someone else?  
  • edited August 2022
    sam3110 said:
    JFC and Gilbey both off the books would help a lot in being able to bring in a striker IMO
    Or deal with the higher priority - a left sided defender.
  • That with all due respect is your issue rather than mine. I have said we can disagree with how  a few times but I'll say it once more in case it takes a while to permiate. I think Cole Stockton would be a potential solution but the issue is bringing more goals in the team however that is best done, which I have said - please read before you come to conclusions if that is possible. I have a view of a solution and the problem. We can disagree on the soloution but ought to agree on the problem unless we have rose tinted specs.

I am looking at it all in the round and trying to find evidence it will come good, but I see somebody who knows not a lot, employing those that suck up to him and making poor decisions. Yes he not a crook, yes he is spendinging his money but he is not spending it wisely IMO. Playing his song at the start of last season was crass, especially as the squad was clearly wanting. Behind the scenes it is well reported that it is chaos from multiple sources. I could like that song if it was played after every victory.

This beer thing is the latest load of crap. He is so out of his depth IMO that I can't see him ever being a success here and we should remember that we will never be sustainable as a League One club so it is important we get out of it. I'm not going to protest, just lose my enthusiasm and excitment for the club I have loved all my life as a safety valve for my hapiness, because I think the owner might be a plonker. An honest plonker but a plonker all the same.

If you want to disagree, fine but look where that is coming from. I don't want Sandgaard to be a plonker. I'd like him to run the club well with all my heart. I just think he will ultimately damage us because of the sort of person he is.
  • J BLOCK said:
    PWR - From what I’ve heard, Stockton has gone to Fleetwood 
    It may prove to be a great signing but as someone else posted earlier there's got to be a reason the top clubs aren't looking to sign him. If he was as good as this forum seems to think he is then the likes of Ipswich, Derby and Sheff Weds would've been after him.

Is Morecambe to Fleetwood even a step up?
    It's THE local derby ...... well, for those two clubs it is!

If Stockton signs for Fleetwood, he'll be persona non grata in Morecambe. Judas!  :smile:

• As I thought yesterday - us not buying a forward to replace Washington cost us a victory. That is on TS. 
  • edited August 2022
    You probably can't see there are not enough goals in the team. Don't take it out on me that I can. or the others that can also. My solution would be Stockton but every solution carries a risk. I would be happy with any solution and you suggested I wouldn't. 

You would probably say the same but I don't rate your football knowledge. A bit like I don't rate Sandgaards. Your post focussing on my view on Stockton sums it up when it is entirely incorrect. What we are short of should be obvious to a village idiot. The solutions we can have views and disagree on.
  • You probably can't see there are not enough goals in the team. Don't take it out on me that I can. My solution would be Stockton but every solution carries a risk. I would be happy with any solution and you suggested I wouldn't. 

You would probably say the same but I don't rate your football knowledge. A bit like I don't rate Sandgaards. Your post focussing on my view on Stockton sums it up when it is entirely incorrect. What we are short of should be obvious to a village idiot. The solutions we can have views and disagree on.
    Childish response from a childish poster. 

Says it all really