Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• edited August 2022
    You are the one who makes stuff up
    You have this view Stockton isn't the answer, I have a view that he could be. Nothing wrong with that and either of us could be right or wrong but what you posted as my motivation was childish and wrong.

• edited August 2022
    I am arguing over the way a poster, not you, suggested it was about Stockton for me. When if he read my posts it is clearly about the issue we do agree on as you say.

We also agree we need a striker but I suspect our owner may not which is worthy of discussion surely. I do hope I am wrong on that btw.
  • sam3110 said:
    JFC and Gilbey both off the books would help a lot in being able to bring in a striker IMO
    Or reduce the £8m losses down to £4m as TS has stated,
  • So JFC may be joining JJ at AFCW, but only if we "help JJ out", whatever that means, looks like the old CAFC charity is again being asked, so we are not so much possibly selling him on, more a case of paying someone to take him off our hands, but that is increasingly looking like the only way this is going to be resolved, what a way to run a ship...🙄🤷‍♂️
  • As I thought yesterday - us not buying a forward to replace Washington cost us a victory. That is on TS. 
    In which case I assume it's also on him that he appointed Garner who seems to be implementing a more entertaining style of play that has yielded a couple of early wins. Hopefully the striking options will soon be added to.
  • edited August 2022
    I presume we took up the contract extension because we thought we would get a few quid for him. It was reported JFC was not over the moon about it. Not sure how that squares with paying somebody to take him off our hands. More likely we would cancel the contract by mutual consent surely.
  • Anyway rumours.............The other forum have resurrected a long running rumour, Ryan Edwards 6' 5" centre half at Dundee United. I don't know  if he is left footed, but if so this might have legs, albeit the rumoured £350k fee seems a bit of a stretch.

Looks like he is a centre half who scores goals, something we should always take into consideration when signing players. Sorry to sound like Mutley, but being an old sage like myself he is 100% right in this respect.
  • swallow the hubris and anger and try to get Lyle Taylor back on loan .. he knows the club and more importantly knows how to score goals
    He is on the bench for Forest in the Premier League today. He is hardly going to consider dropping down two divisions to L1.
  • Sponsored links:

• I presume we took up the contract extension because we thought we would get a few quid for him. It was reported JFC was not over the moon about it. Not sure how that squares with paying somebody to take him off our hands. More likely we would cancel the contract by mutual consent surely.
    Would you let your contract be torn up so you could take a pay cut?  I wouldn’t.
  • Good point. I doubt he will be going to Wimbledon.
  • edited August 2022
    So JFC may be joining JJ at AFCW, but only if we "help JJ out", whatever that means, looks like the old CAFC charity is again being asked, so we are not so much possibly selling him on, more a case of paying someone to take him off our hands, but that is increasingly looking like the only way this is going to be resolved, what a way to run a ship...🙄🤷‍♂️
    And 'whatever that means' is all important here.  What we know is that Thomas is tightening his belt, so what you suggest flies in the face of that, so until we are told more, I won't be jumping to conclusions. I admit that was an odd comment though and I don't know what he meant by it 
  • But surely with JFC being such a great player clubs will be falling over themselves to buy him ? Oh wait ! 🙄
  • AndyG said:
    But surely with JFC being such a great player clubs will be falling over themselves to buy him ? Oh wait ! 🙄
    No one that can afford will want him until he proves he is fully recovered from his injury.  Quite rightly, can you imagine if we signed a player that had started 1 league game in 14 months?

How we thought we could sell him under those conditions is beyond me.  
  • sam3110 said:
    JFC and Gilbey both off the books would help a lot in being able to bring in a striker IMO
    Or reduce the £8m losses down to £4m as TS has stated,
    Cutting the football budget is unlikely to increase the team's chance of success, which in turn means more years of losses. And JFC and Gilbey wouldn't cost anything approaching a seven-figure sum between them in wages.
  • Washington going to the Championship, JFC going to League 2. Not many on here will have predicted that at the end of last season.
  • JFC going to Wimbledon probably frees up the sale of McCormick.

McCormick & Gilbey being linked with Pompey. I’d love to see us try for McCormick and offload Gilbey to the south coast.
  • Sponsored links:

• cazo said:
    Stockley and Kirk can fuck right off asap because thay bring fuck all to this team stockley was bad won fuck all
    Yet somehow everything went to shit after they were subbed out.  Hmmm.
    The problem wasn't who went off it was who came on. Leaburn is too young & too raw, esp against the centre backs that Sheff wed had.

I contest that if Aneke, Stockton, Bishop or Alfie May had come on instead of Leaburn we would have had a greater chance of grabbing a goal. 
  • RC_CAFC said:
    As I thought yesterday - us not buying a forward to replace Washington cost us a victory. That is on TS. 
    Why are people so wanting to hate this man, who as I can see it, is trying to run this club so that we never have to go through what we went through just before he arrived again.

He isn’t perfect but continuous blaming and hating on him must get so depressing for people. 

They’ve said they have to balance the books. We’re looking so much better already than last year.
    Although I agree with you, being better than last season is a pretty low bar to compare against. 

I'm fearing that for want of a decent striker a top 6 spot could be lost. Oh well.....
  • RC_CAFC said:
    As I thought yesterday - us not buying a forward to replace Washington cost us a victory. That is on TS. 
    Why are people so wanting to hate this man, who as I can see it, is trying to run this club so that we never have to go through what we went through just before he arrived again.

He isn’t perfect but continuous blaming and hating on him must get so depressing for people. 

They’ve said they have to balance the books. We’re looking so much better already than last year.
    I would call TS my straw. I don't hate him and I think a case could be made that he is the best owner we have had in years, but look at what we have had. I am a camel and he is the straw that has broken my back. Others may have been haystacks, but I have been watching us in this shit league too long and that isn't Sandgaards fault although it is on him to get us out of it and I don't think he will. I want him to but I can't lie or convince myself otherwise.

I won't protest and I will hope something changes but I am a bit depressed about it to be honest and because he is the straw, my patience levels are close to zero.
  • The only reason I am sceptical about JFC to AFC is that he once played for MK Dons.

Will AFC fans overlook this?
  • They probably would to be honest.
  • Richard J said:
    The only reason I am sceptical about JFC to AFC is that he once played for MK Dons.

Will AFC fans overlook this?
    Only handful of games on loan 
  • Mrkinski said:
    swallow the hubris and anger and try to get Lyle Taylor back on loan .. he knows the club and more importantly knows how to score goals
    He is on the bench for Forest in the Premier League today. He is hardly going to consider dropping down two divisions to L1.
    That would depend on the money offered.