Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• JFC, Gilbey, Kirk and McG leaving would be a good thing.

Replace with a CB, LB, Striker, GK and another winger.

One player more than currently which is no issue with squad size.

Obviously won't happen but it would be great if it did.
  • JFC, Gilbey, Kirk and McG leaving would be a good thing.

Other than Kirk I can’t see there being a huge queue of clubs looking to sign those players, and he’s the one I’d least like to lose from those. And even if there is interest in the other 3, they will probably only be loans or transfers where we are still paying some of their wages. So a rebuild like that is unlikely. Will probably be 2 out 2 in I reckon 
  • edited August 2022
    RC_CAFC said:
    As I thought yesterday - us not buying a forward to replace Washington cost us a victory. That is on TS. 
    Why are people so wanting to hate this man, who as I can see it, is trying to run this club so that we never have to go through what we went through just before he arrived again.

He isn’t perfect but continuous blaming and hating on him must get so depressing for people. 

They’ve said they have to balance the books. We’re looking so much better already than last year.
    I certainly don’t hate him. Am grateful to him for saving the club. But I suspect if he wants to balance the books, the team will not be successful (my definition of success being promotion) any time soon. 

Apparently he wants to reduce annual losses by £4M, £1M through cost efficiencies and £2-3M through increased revenue. Roughly speaking that equates to ~ another £100K per game, say another 4-5,000 spectators per game. Great that the style of play appears more attractive than last season but results is what will help improve gates and maybe that requires more investment on additional striking options than TS is willing to pay.
  • edited August 2022
    JFC, Gilbey, Kirk and McG leaving would be a good thing.

If we got all those players in we would probably loan out Clayden as well.

I am not sure why people are so keen on MacGillivray going,  I get that people think he might want to go.   From a purely football point of view would anyone we would be likley to get in as a replacement be better?

If JFC AND Gilbey both go we would probably need another center mid as well?

Personally I think it's too late to add 5 or 6 players to the squad.   It's unlikely they would have played games so would be behind.   How do you then get those 5, McGrandels,  Mandela and JRS,  not to even mention Aneke,  up to speed now the season has started?

That's nearly half your squad it's too many IMO.

A striker,  a center back ASAP and try and ship one of the midfielders out,  if you can.  That would still give you room for maneuver if someone suddenly became available at the last minute.   Then look at freshening it up a bit in January. 
  • RC_CAFC said:
    As I thought yesterday - us not buying a forward to replace Washington cost us a victory. That is on TS. 
    Why are people so wanting to hate this man, who as I can see it, is trying to run this club so that we never have to go through what we went through just before he arrived again.

He isn’t perfect but continuous blaming and hating on him must get so depressing for people. 

They’ve said they have to balance the books. We’re looking so much better already than last year.
    I would call TS my straw. I don't hate him and I think a case could be made that he is the best owner we have had in years, but look at what we have had. I am a camel and he is the straw that has broken my back. Others may have been haystacks, but I have been watching us in this shit league too long and that isn't Sandgaards fault although it is on him to get us out of it and I don't think he will. I want him to but I can't lie or convince myself otherwise.

I won't protest and I will hope something changes but I am a bit depressed about it to be honest and because he is the straw, my patience levels are close to zero.
    Just focus on the fact than we’re quite a bit better than we were last season. 
    Much simpler that way. 
  • edited August 2022
    Of course I did call out, admittedly different issues, with Southall when a lot of you lot were still cheering him and blowing smoke up his arse. I love Charlton like the rest of you and have my opinions right or wrong.
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:
    Of course I did call out, admittedly different issues, with Southall when a lot of you lot were still cheering him and blowing smoke up his arse. I love Charlton like the rest of you and have my opinions right or wrong.
    Absolutely fair comment, as were your earlier ones. Unfortunately there are now so many posters on here who see any expression of doubt about TS as an act of treason that discussion just gets shut down. 
    What discussion has been ‘shut down’ exactly? 
  • Uboat said:
    Absolutely fair comment, as were your earlier ones. Unfortunately there are now so many posters on here who see any expression of doubt about TS as an act of treason that discussion just gets shut down. 
    None. ‘Shouted down’ would have been a better phrase. 
    But then if Thomas’s most loyal defenders are going to deploy the ‘careful mate, you can’t say anything positive these days’ bollocks why can’t I join in. 
  • Uboat said:
    Uboat said:
    But then if Thomas’s most loyal defenders are going to deploy the ‘careful mate, you can’t say anything positive these days’ bollocks why can’t I join in.
    What discussion has been ‘shouted down’ exactly?
  • Uboat said:
    Uboat said:
    Haha ok shouted down then if that what's u want to call it. It still doesnt happen. As I just said you yourself only ever say negative stuff and never comment on the positive stuff but nobody "shouts you down" do they ?
  • Some of the faux grievance some have
  • AndyG said:
    Uboat said:
    Uboat said:
    Haha ok shouted down then if that what's u want to call it. It still doesnt happen. As I just said you yourself only ever say negative stuff and never comment on the positive stuff but nobody "shouts you down" do they ?
    Think you’re getting me confused with someone else. 
  • thenewbie said:
    And no-one is questioning that or your right to have those opinions. Merely saying that there are probably better, healthier options available to you right now because you don't seem to be in a very good place right now.

Speaking as someone who has never met you in person and wouldn't know if I saw you in the street, but if you were my friend or even just someone I knew I'd be recommending the same thing.
    I am not depressed at all. I have a good life. I am specifically depressed about the state of my football club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:
    But surely with JFC being such a great player clubs will be falling over themselves to buy him ? Oh wait ! 🙄
    No one that can afford will want him until he proves he is fully recovered from his injury.  Quite rightly, can you imagine if we signed a player that had started 1 league game in 14 months?

How we thought we could sell him under those conditions is beyond me.  
    Oh I don't know. Clubs do occasionally buy injury prone players. Not that we've done that recently.
  • thenewbie said:
    And no-one is questioning that or your right to have those opinions. Merely saying that there are probably better, healthier options available to you right now because you don't seem to be in a very good place right now.

Speaking as someone who has never met you in person and wouldn't know if I saw you in the street, but if you were my friend or even just someone I knew I'd be recommending the same thing.
    I am not depressed at all. I have a good life. I am specifically depressed about the state of my football club.
    Well maybe so. As I say I don't know yu personally but given you have called the club "a safety valve for your happiness" and now it's not I'd still recommend you find something else act as that valve.

If you do run into a bad patch and you have no release then things can go very badly very quickly. That much I know from experience.

I'm certainly not judging you and by all means tell me to **** right off if you like. But I feel obligated to mention that in the grand scheme of things Charlton really don't matter that much, sad to say.
  • edited August 2022
    Not true. We all have lives outside of supporting our club but nothing wrong with being greedy and wanting the best on that side too. 

I agree Charlton doesn't matter above the important things but I think the owner is clueless and that seems to not be an acceptable view for some on here. Believe me I am probably happier than most. Retired, financially secure, happily married, son doing well at Uni. I don't need pyschiatric advice which amounts to laying off Sandgaard's many faults and the risks I think it poses for our club in the longer term.

If I could be bullied I think that is going on here but I don't give a shit about some poster's views so it isn't possible to shout me down for talking as I see it because you don't want it to be true, whilst there are of course many I respect even when we disagree. 
  • Fair enough. I'm certainly not especially pro Sandgaard but he's the best we've got if only by default so I am not letting it bother me. 

If we don't go up this year then he loses another 8 million pounds or so, not me. 
  • Not true. We all have lives outside of supporting our club but nothing wrong with being greedy and wanting the best on that side too. 

I agree Charlton doesn't matter above the important things but I think the owner is clueless and that seems to not be an acceptable view for some on here. Believe me I am probably happier than most. Retired, financially secure, happily married, son doing well at Uni. I don't need pyschiatric advice which amounts to laying off Sandgaard's many faults and the risks I think it poses for our club in the longer term.

If I could be bullied I think that is going on here but I don't give a shit about some poster's views so it isn't possible to shout me down for talking as I see it because you don't want it to be true, whilst there are of course many I respect even when we disagree. 
    Like you and everyone else on here mate we all love the club and you like everyone else are deserving your opinion. But I honestly dont get the so anti TS thing. Yes he is a bit of a crackpot but in ownership terms imo he is streets ahead of what we have had for years! Surely you can see the change so far on the pitch ? We are trying to play attractive football with a gameplan, I havent seen that myself for ages. 
    We all know we would like a few things done differently like a striker already through the door, a CEO in   place to name but 2 but if both those things had happened we would be arguing that it's the wrong striker and the wrong CEO 😂
    I'm in the support the club camp and that includes the owner he doesnt get everything right but I do think he wants the best for the club, how long since we have had an owner we could say that about??
    Recruitment last  year  dire !
    Recruitment tthiis year alot better ?
    He is learning and hopefully will get it right.
    For me I want to watch us play decent football if that means another year in league one building then fair enough ( I actually think we have a great chance this year ) my main priority this season was not to play the shite we had for the last 2
  • The club shrinks mate. It isn't as easy as him just losing 8m.
  • The club shrinks mate. It isn't as easy as him just losing 8m.
    No Mutts the club shrinks when it plays dire unattractive football. Play good football people will go and watch it