Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Let’s just leave these things to admin
  • I just ignore his posts now. 
    Who's?
  • edited August 2022
    As Kanu is the best finishers at the football club I would've him on the bench; from September 2nd.
    Who's?
    Addick 1956
  • No rumours then...
  • edited August 2022
    Now this is a proper style rumour - Needed to be kept back for Deadline Day though

(I dont think they're being serious, for those without a sense of humour)

Nibbles. Who's going to bite then?
  • McGrandles out for three weeks. Broken hand, had op this week, nothing serious and will be back quick. From the man himself.

Primary focus for next signing is a CB. Don’t want to quote who kindly shared, but they did not say it was strictly confidential and they 100% would know. My take away from convo is that another striker is unlikely and if necessary a False 9 would be utilised in the event our three front forward options were unavailable. Wings are the key area…

Two to three on way out - wages the issue for signing clubs atm. Movements may be quite late as a result was my sense from convo.
    So Naby and Wilks is what I’m hearing…😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Imagine with a broken hand you can probably maintain fitness by being on the exercise bike etc. Shame as would have been probably starting on Tuesday.
  • He was wincing from it a few times during the game. Only happened a few minutes into coming on. 

Our obscure injuries have bloody started...

McG
    Sess
    Egbo
    McGrandles
    DJ

• I hope Garner is being backed - he deserves it. 

They seem to know we need another solid CB. For all Innis's panto, not sure he is conditioned with the mentality of week in/out leadership, as shown today.
  • mendonca said:
    He was wincing from it a few times during the game. Only happened a few minutes into coming on. 

Our obscure injuries have bloody started...

McG
    Sess
    Egbo
    McGrandles
    DJ

Plus Aneke of course.
  • Yes we need another CB if they feel neither Ness nor Elewere are ready to be 4th choice, but it's so obvious that we need another option up front. 

When I think of how Cole Stockton played last season at The Valley, his movement and general busyness would have been perfect today.
  • If we are looking for a left footed centre half then Jones today for Cambridge impressed me. Played number 6. Know nothing about him mind you.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2022
  • Simpson is a strange one. Young, good potential, did well on loan last season, wanted by a club in a higher division..............so why don't Ipswich want to keep him?
  • Scoham said:
    Simpson is a strange one. Young, good potential, did well on loan last season, wanted by a club in a higher division..............so why don't Ipswich want to keep him?
    I think he refused to sign a new contract, and his current one expires next summer.
    Surprising then as he's from Ipswich, they can pay well and there's a fair chance they'll be in the championship next season, so i can't really see how a move to Huddersfield is furthering his career.
  • Perhaps it’s a case they have enquired about strikers but the ones they think will be an improvement on Stockley, who is doing better than some
    will give him credit for, or Leaburn, who looks better than I think a lot of us expected, are out of reach. No point signing someone just for the sake of it. 

Or perhaps they just want to play their cards very close to their chest for fear of losing a deal by it becoming public knowledge too early.  

We’ll find out in a couple of weeks. 
  • Scoham said:
    Simpson is a strange one. Young, good potential, did well on loan last season, wanted by a club in a higher division..............so why don't Ipswich want to keep him?
    I think he refused to sign a new contract, and his current one expires next summer.
    Surprising then as he's from Ipswich, they can pay well and there's a fair chance they'll be in the championship next season, so i can't really see how a move to Huddersfield is furthering his career.
    Lack of game time I think