Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Lots of Pompey fans in the replies wanting MacG back. Could it happen?
    i work in Portsmouth and spoke to a couple of their supporters. They aren’t impressed with their current keeper and would welcome him back.

Remember the reason the "hoof ball" manager didn't want him in the first place was because he couldn't play out from the back.

• Disappointing to hear Gilbey wants to stay closer to home.  Hope Colchester, Crawley, Stevenage, Gillingham, AFC Wimbledon or Orient come in for him
  • cabbles said:
    Disappointing to hear Gilbey wants to stay closer to home.  Hope Colchester, Crawley, Stevenage, Gillingham, AFC Wimbledon or Orient come in for him.
    Tbf I wouldn't go to Lincoln if you paid me. Flat boring county with poor infrastructure. 
  • edited August 2022
    cabbles said:
    Disappointing to hear Gilbey wants to stay closer to home.  Hope Colchester, Crawley, Stevenage, Gillingham, AFC Wimbledon or Orient come in for him
    Why stop there.  Bromley, Woking, Welling, Dartford, the Royal Oak second eleven. 

None of those clubs could pay the wages he is on with us.   If the point of "jogging him on" is to free up wages that's not going to work is it?

If the reason for anyone leaving is to free up wages they have got to go somewhere that will pay the wages haven't they?

I think we have 3 squad spaces left, the Gilbeys and MacGillivrays aren't going to bring in fees.  If our hopes and dreams rest on Stevenage paying 30k of Gilbey's wages we are in for a bumpy ride.

If we are "jogging them on" because they are toxic, or to free up squad space then that's a different issue.  As far as I am aware that's not the case though.
  • Some players of late have really enjoyed their time at Charlton, due to our.......location. 

• Sexy Saydee
    What have you done
    You made a fool of everyone
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2022
    cabbles said:
    Disappointing to hear Gilbey wants to stay closer to home.  Hope Colchester, Crawley, Stevenage, Gillingham, AFC Wimbledon or Orient come in for him
    Perhaps he'd rather sit out his contract, spend the year not playing and see if he gets any better offers next season.
  • cabbles said:
    Disappointing to hear Gilbey wants to stay closer to home.  Hope Colchester, Crawley, Stevenage, Gillingham, AFC Wimbledon or Orient come in for him.
    Tbf I wouldn't go to Lincoln if you paid me. Flat boring county with poor infrastructure. 
    No nothing twat!
  • Not convinced the delay with Gilbey is down to him not wanting to move / travel to Lincoln.

It may instead be a case of Charlton not letting him go to Lincoln unless they do us a deal for Scully (atleast that’s what I’m hoping!)
  • cabbles said:
    No nothing twat!
    I'm surprised that by using just 3 words can show up how illiterate someone can be. 

Not by, just!
  • Chunes said:
    cabbles said:
    Perhaps he'd rather sit out his contract, spend the year not playing and see if he gets any better offers next season.
    Unless they have been told your not playing under any circumstances, which I don't think is the case, they might actually rather stay here and try and play?

We have got at least 4, probably 5 or 6, cup games between windows.  Other players will get injured or suspended.

Then you have got the scenario that if they think they are a good league 1 player they will stay and fight.  If they know they are "league 2 at best" they might as well take the money for a year before dropping down a level.

The only one, for me, that it makes any sense to pay any of their wages and loan out is JFC.  
  • cabbles said:
    How much money would it take ? Asking for a friend
    Don’t send him up here, he’ll bring the place down.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    cabbles said:
    Why stop there.  Bromley, Woking, Welling, Dartford, the Royal Oak second eleven. 

None of those clubs could pay the wages he is on with us.   If the point of "jogging him on" is to free up wages that's not going to work is it?

If the reason for anyone leaving is to free up wages they have got to go somewhere that will pay the wages haven't they?

I think we have 3 squad spaces left, the Gilbeys and MacGillivrays aren't going to bring in fees.  If our hopes and dreams rest on Stevenage paying 30k of Gilbey's wages we are in for a bumpy ride.

If we are "jogging them on" because they are toxic, or to free up squad space then that's a different issue.  As far as I am aware that's not the case though.
    To be fair, I did consider Bromley but thought that might be a bit unrealistic.  Roger Johnson ended up there.  

I don’t know what his wages are, but we heard Orient linked with JFC a few weeks back, which may be nonsense.  I can’t imagine JFC and Gilbey’s wages are that far apart.  

If he wants to play, then those clubs may be an option.  If his wages are such that they can’t afford him, then he’s only really got Lincoln as an option, or he stays and faces the prospect of not playing, or only making the bench.  

Obviously, I would like him to go, because he’s not good enough and we’re still short.  His attitude and professionalism isn’t in question, I was just mooting southern based clubs that may be an option.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:
    cabbles said:
    Probably waiting for a payoff before deciding where to go? 
  • Striker get now
  • JamesSeed said:
    AndyG said:
    OH BOLLOX ! 

I have just realised there are only 6 days to go until we all have to take our hats off to Golfie and say he was right for months ! Come on Thomas make it so it doesnt happen !!!
    You can doff your hat to me as well, I said the day Leaburn signed a pro contract our search for a striker was over. Thomas aint gonna part with any cash for the likes of a Stockton
    You may be right, but at the back of my mind I suspect Thomas is expecting big bids to come in for Miles, which he’d probably accept. Leaving us with two strikers, one of whom is (and often is) injured, the other of whom has a suspect back. 
    It’d make sense to invest a bit, surely, in which case he might end up with a second saleable asset. 
    Leaburn is going nowhere this season.
    No matter what, he is expected to be a big star of the future in afew seasons for Charlton or a top club.

• The people screaming “sign a striker now” like children, would be the same ones shouting “not that one” if we had.
    Sign a centre back
  • cabbles said:
    No nothing twat!
    I'm surprised that by using just 3 words can show up how illiterate someone can be. 

Me in agreement 
  • The people screaming “sign a striker now” like children, would be the same ones shouting “not that one” if we had.
    I find it impossible to scream like a child these days.
    Would like a striker though and yeh, might end up saying not that one.
    Isn't that how it works?