Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Redhenry said:
    what does that say? can't get twitter at work

Ryan Whelan
    Alex Gilbey has started to recieved other offers with more money on the table. If a deal does come off we are looking towards deadline day now. 

I am told another signing should be in place before Tuesday. Emphasis on should. 

• Surely it makes sense to keep Mcgillivray if Wollacott is going to the World cup. 
  • Getting fed up with this Ryan Whelan bloke
  • Ryan Whelan chats bollocks, pass it on
  • Surely it makes sense to keep Mcgillivray if Wollacott is going to the World cup. 
    Not if he’s unhappy here and we can free up his wages. We can still bring in an emergency loan GK if Harness and others aren’t seen as good enough.
  • Getting fed up with this Ryan Whelan bloke
    You're Richard Cawley and I claim my £5.
  • Addick_8 said:
    Amazed by some on Twitter & on here who still have their heart set on Stockton being the answer. 
    Not 1 top 6-8 club has been linked with him or made an offer so far, only Fleetwood has made an offer.. I think that says it all.
    He did look good against us but so did most of the division because as we were truly awful

23 goals for a poor team last season suggests he looked good against most opponents.

And I would turn it around, that IF we don't have much money, a striker that Championship and the "bigger" L1 clubs aren't targeting is a realistic player to go for.
  • Dizzle said:
    Ryan Whelan chats bollocks, pass it on
    Ryan Whelan looks like a bollock, pass it on
    Ryan Whelan has one bollock, pass it on 
  • Redhenry said:
    Do we have moaners on here? :)
    Do we have any moaners on here, don’t get me started;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Dizzle said:
    Don’t get this. Things change all the time in football, it’s clearly happened with Gilbey. Doesn’t amount to him talking shit. 
  • Pudds said:
    Redhenry said:
    what does that say? can't get twitter at work

Ryan Whelan
    Alex Gilbey has started to recieved other offers with more money on the table. If a deal does come off we are looking towards deadline day now. 

I am told another signing should be in place before Tuesday. Emphasis on should. 

Think with the Imps written underneath he was talking about Lincoln 
  • As we all know one transfer can spark
    a few … think last day going to be hectic and I think TS already said that as clubs and players start to panic 
  • Richard J said:
    Gilbey bought a new house not far from Colchester last year; I know as he bought from a friend of mine. So not surprised he wants to stay relatively local.
    Orient were quoted as showing an interest.

After their positive start maybe Alex might be tempted.
    The Orient?

Beijing, can’t see him going there, that’s way further than Lincoln!
  • J BLOCK said:
    Dizzle said:
    Don’t get this. Things change all the time in football, it’s clearly happened with Gilbey. Doesn’t amount to him talking shit. 

• Scoham said:
    Surely it makes sense to keep Mcgillivray if Wollacott is going to the World cup. 
    Not if he’s unhappy here and we can free up his wages. We can still bring in an emergency loan GK if Harness and others aren’t seen as good enough.
    During the World Cup there will be a lot of very good GK’s available for loan I would have thought!
  • Sponsored links:

•  :'(:'(:'( 
  • edited August 2022
    Just out of interest, has any smart bod on here, worked out which day of the week we normally announce transfers?
  • Like Yann before him :cry:
  • cabbles said:
    Disappointing to hear Gilbey wants to stay closer to home.  Hope Colchester, Crawley, Stevenage, Gillingham, AFC Wimbledon or Orient come in for him.
    Tbf I wouldn't go to Lincoln if you paid me. Flat boring county with poor infrastructure. 
    How much money would it take ? Asking for a friend
    We all have some bias, but beyond the Valley, Charlton is an absolute armpit of London.
  • Uboat said:
    Sign the right striker now you cretin. 
    Bang on!
  • Gilbey bought a new house not far from Colchester last year; I know as he bought from a friend of mine. So not surprised he wants to stay relatively local.
    Not really relevant to anything in particular, but my former wife taught him at school in Colchester. Apparently he was not particularly studious as was only interested in becoming a footballer. So he has obviously lived in and around that area for many years.
  • colthe3rd said:
    Thoughts and prayers @Leuth

Jokes aside, I’m fairly gutted too.

Naby in league one under garner ball is perfect.  
    Funny I'm not so sure Garner wants his centre backs hitting 35 yard Hollywood passes into the west stand.
    He would if Naby was on the end of one in the 94th minute at QPR away.