Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• mendonca said:
    Deluded if people thought Naby would have dropped to L1. Level and Salary wise.
    Naby gets a 4 year contract on Championship wages.

Would Charlton have offered him that?

• Can’t believe anybody seriously thought  Naby was ever an option.
    Same people who think we could sign Taylor or Grabban on loan. 
  • “But at this moment I haven’t had that, so I’m assuming each player will be here at the end of the window.”

So no more incomings or is that opinion that has been repeated so often its now treated as fact?
    Same people who think we could sign Taylor or Grabban on loan. 
    No they’re not.  I thought we might of had a sniff round Sarr seen as we’re desperately short of a LCB.  But was aware we had absolutely no chance of Taylor or Grabban.  
  • Pudds said:
    Redhenry said:
    what does that say? can't get twitter at work

Ryan Whelan
    Alex Gilbey has started to recieved other offers with more money on the table. If a deal does come off we are looking towards deadline day now. 

I am told another signing should be in place before Tuesday. Emphasis on should. 

Is he talking about us or Lincoln?
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    Sarr cruising in the Championship, but not good enough for us in League One?  

LOL.
    Not sure many didn't want him, was always unrealistic...
  • JamesSeed said:
    Sarr cruising in the Championship, but not good enough for us in League One?  

LOL.
    I think you have got to be a very 'special' player to be good enough for Charlton in League 1!
  • Oggy Red said:
    mendonca said:
    Deluded if people thought Naby would have dropped to L1. Level and Salary wise.
    Naby gets a 4 year contract on Championship wages.

Would Charlton have offered him that?

We gave Aneke 3.5 .  At least Naby is invariably fit .  

Not that I wanted him back, I hasten to add
  • swordfish said:
    Unless I'm much mistaken, this thread should become obsolete in less than a week, finally put out of its misery. It's been running for longer than I've been a member, which has seemed like an eternity, not just for me but for all reading the endless reams of shite (not a poster reference btw) and I include my own contributions in that, with so very little to show for it. 
    Aren't you just a veteran poster using a new name, then? I just assumed you were....
  • Remember Naby originally signed for a massive fee and was seen as a flop during our relegation season.
    The cult status only began after he returned from a loan spell in France when expectations were low.

At his best he was probably even PL standard. The problem was at his worst he struggled in L1. The feedback from Huddersfield fans confirmed this continued.

Personally I wanted a different left sided defender. The only name which has come up on here was Aaron Pierre. Any other options?
  • u missed out the massive salary btw
  • SDAddick said:
    So what does everyone think of Naby Sarr??
    Absolute mustard. Was he perfect? No. Was and is he a Championship level Center Back? Yup. 

He's actually something of a Rosetta stone for me on how to view peoples' football opinions. If you simply think he's "shit," and can't see any quality in him, I'm not interested in your football opinion.

Also, the subject of one of my favorite exchanges on here. I was once told Harry Lennon was better than Naby Sarr despite Lennon having made some bad mistakes defensively. They are currently three divisions apart. 
    He had quite a good touch and some skill which would be okay if he did the things expected of a man his size but he made errors when under pressure and didn’t use his size to dominate his opponents and wasn’t very good in the air 
  • DOUCHER said:
    colthe3rd said:
    Thoughts and prayers @Leuth

Jokes aside, I’m fairly gutted too.

Naby in league one under garner ball is perfect.  
    Funny I'm not so sure Garner wants his centre backs hitting 35 yard Hollywood passes into the west stand.
    or getting bullied into conceding at the last minute at your local rivals or scoring a 30 yard own goal in the play off final 

C'mon now, can't lay that one at Naby's door, that was Phillips taking his eye off the ball..🤷‍♂️
    Blimey only just noticed that, fancy disliking a player that much you blame him for a goalkeeping howler.  
    I didn’t dislike him that much I just didn’t want to re sign him - the pros don’t outweigh the cons for me 
  • Who’s the defender linked with Sunderland and Norwich ? Clare ??
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    Who’s the defender linked with Sunderland and Norwich ? Clare ??
    Yes but Alex Neil has just walked out of Sunderland so imagine they’re out of the race now 
  • Alex Neil. Sunderland?
  • Alex Neil. Sunderland?
    Going to Stoke. 
  • Uboat said:
    Alex Neil. Sunderland?
    Going to Stoke. 
    Poor decision imo.  Sunderland riding the wave up and Stoke have been languishing since being relegated from the Prem and I think there is a bit more of an expectation there than Sunderland, given what Sunderland have been through in the last few years.  Can see him really falling flat on his face there 
  • swordfish said:
    Unless I'm much mistaken, this thread should become obsolete in less than a week, finally put out of its misery. It's been running for longer than I've been a member, which has seemed like an eternity, not just for me but for all reading the endless reams of shite (not a poster reference btw) and I include my own contributions in that, with so very little to show for it. 
    Aren't you just a veteran poster using a new name, then? I just assumed you were....
    I object to your use of the word veteran in the strongest possible terms. 'Long since previously lapsed' is more accurate and I'll admit to inspector Clueso. You wouldn't happen to know my old password by any chance. I don't 😎
  • Uboat said:
    Alex Neil. Sunderland?
    Going to Stoke. 
    Strange decision with so little time left of the transfer window. 
  • edited August 2022
    Woops wrong thread 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    A wicket tonight would be nice 
    A transfer would be better for this thread ! 
  • “Oh I didn’t realise this was the Alex Neil thread, rumours? 🙄”
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Woops wrong thread 

🤦🏻‍♂️