Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• edited August 2022
    colthe3rd said:
    Thoughts and prayers @Leuth

Jokes aside, I’m fairly gutted too.

Naby in league one under garner ball is perfect.  
    Funny I'm not so sure Garner wants his centre backs hitting 35 yard Hollywood passes into the west stand.
    He would if Naby was on the end of one in the 94th minute at QPR away.  
    Not forgetting the heavenly cross for the winner away at forest.  
  • edited August 2022
    Last one.  Sarr has 20 goals in 228 appearances, a goal every 11 games for a centre half isn’t too sad, majority at levels above league one, would have cheered up the “where are the goals going to come from” mob.  
  • edited August 2022

Jeeezz that shirt!! even the stripey Nigels would blanch.
  • Last one.  Sarr has 20 goals in 228 appearances, a goal every 11 games for a centre half isn’t too sad, majority at levels above league one, would have cheered up the “where are the goals going to come from” mob.  
    About what stockley is on target for so far and he’s our main striker 🥳
  • colthe3rd said:

Funny I'm not so sure Garner wants his centre backs hitting 35 yard Hollywood passes into the west stand.
    what a shit take haha, one of the best central defensive passer we've had of the ball since, well, name someone for me? Bougherra, El Kakouri, Diarra was pretty good at it...
  • Hal1x said:

Jeeezz that shirt!! even the stripey Nigels would blanch.
    The sleeves are a visualisation of climate stats in the uk for the last X years . A collaboration with Reading university or something.
  • Redhenry said:
    Do we have moaners on here? :)
    Do we have any moaners on here, don’t get me started;)
    only one thing worse than a moaner - somebody moaning about a moaner 
  • Thoughts and prayers @Leuth

phew
  • Sponsored links:

• Addick_8 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    colthe3rd said:

or getting bullied into conceding at the last minute at your local rivals or scoring a 30 yard own goal in the play off final 
    Really?
    2x Championship clubs have offered him a contract, since leaving us. One of them was in the Championship playoff final which he started. 
    He is playing at a better level than what we are because he is a Championship-level CB which is why we would have no chance in getting him back.
    not my cup of tea - nothing to do with his colour btw before leuth starts 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Addick_8 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    colthe3rd said:

or getting bullied into conceding at the last minute at your local rivals or scoring a 30 yard own goal in the play off final 
    Really?
    2x Championship clubs have offered him a contract, since leaving us. One of them was in the Championship playoff final which he started. 
    He is playing at a better level than what we are because he is a Championship-level CB which is why we would have no chance in getting him back.
    A decent cup of tea is everything to do with colour!
  • Last one.  Sarr has 20 goals in 228 appearances, a goal every 11 games for a centre half isn’t too sad, majority at levels above league one, would have cheered up the “where are the goals going to come from” mob.  
    Well since you asked.  He scored 20 in 38 last season, I’ll let you do the maths.  
  • By the sound of things we're not great payers these days, so his salary will be out of our current league
    Well since you asked.  He scored 20 in 38 last season, I’ll let you do the maths.  
    Yes
    it was a joke
  • Only Charlton could have a Transfer thread, where only chat is about the transfer of ex players, Taylor an Starr taking up a chunk of our time now. 

• Only Charlton could have a Transfer thread, where only chat is about the transfer of ex players, Taylor an Starr taking up a chunk of our time now. 

Comes with the territory, we love clutching at straws 😊
  • DOUCHER said:
    Addick_8 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    colthe3rd said:

Really?
    I'm with Doucher on this one, I thought Naby was shit 
  • Sponsored links:

So very pitiful ain't it?

Saw 50 odd new comments and then it's Nabby Fucking Sarr at Reading!

So very pitiful ain't it?

Saw 50 odd new comments and then it's Nabby Fucking Sarr at Reading!

People have run out of potential signings cos first there isn't any potential or indeed signings, so like pop music, when there's nothing new happening then let's turn on the nostalgia.
  • So what does everyone think of Naby Sarr??
  • Any other ex players we can ( or not ) sign?
  • Richard J said:
    Any other ex players we can ( or not ) sign?
    I saw Scott Wagstaff down Bluewater five guys last week. I'll ask him if I see him again.
  • Unless I'm much mistaken, this thread should become obsolete in less than a week, finally put out of its misery. It's been running for longer than I've been a member, which has seemed like an eternity, not just for me but for all reading the endless reams of shite (not a poster reference btw) and I include my own contributions in that, with so very little to show for it. 
  • I reckon we should sign this guy to pair up with Anthony Scully, if that’s a signing that goes ahead.

reckon they’ll form some partnership down the right hand side 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mert-muldur/profil/spieler/353922
  • DOUCHER said:
    colthe3rd said:

C'mon now, can't lay that one at Naby's door, that was Phillips taking his eye off the ball..🤷‍♂️
    Blimey only just noticed that, fancy disliking a player that much you blame him for a goalkeeping howler.