Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Redhenry said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Sarr cruising in the Championship, but not good enough for us in League One?  

LOL.
    Not sure many didn't want him, was always unrealistic...
    Just a response to a couple of people dismissing him as sh1t, which seems a little unfair. 
  • swordfish said:
    Unless I'm much mistaken, this thread should become obsolete in less than a week, finally put out of its misery. It's been running for longer than I've been a member, which has seemed like an eternity, not just for me but for all reading the endless reams of shite (not a poster reference btw) and I include my own contributions in that, with so very little to show for it. 
    Aren't you just a veteran poster using a new name, then? I just assumed you were....
    Oh my god…..it’s two_sheds. 🫣
  • edited August 2022
    swordfish said:
    Unless I'm much mistaken, this thread should become obsolete in less than a week, finally put out of its misery. It's been running for longer than I've been a member, which has seemed like an eternity, not just for me but for all reading the endless reams of shite (not a poster reference btw) and I include my own contributions in that, with so very little to show for it. 
    Aren't you just a veteran poster using a new name, then? I just assumed you were....
    Oh my god…..it’s two_sheds. 🫣
    Huh {.......} I am definately not 'H'
  • Three working days to go…
  • Scoham said:
    Three working days to go…
    to save our season
  • I’m in France and have just seen Steve Gallen at Bowyers fishing lake, he is getting ready for the big announcement 
  • What, he's caught one this big?
  • Morecambe just signed a new striker !!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Every day is a work day for big Steve Gallen.

I’m sure he’ll be out today running a final eye over our top transfer targets whilst negotiating the image rights and hat trick bonus for our next big free transfer.

He’s probably on the way to Swindon right now!
    I’d hope he already knows how good the top ones are. 
    It’s our 2nd and 3rd choice players he’ll be watching.
  • CafcSCP said:
    Every day is a work day for big Steve Gallen.

I’m sure he’ll be out today running a final eye over our top transfer targets whilst negotiating the image rights and hat trick bonus for our next big free transfer.

He’s probably on the way to Swindon right now!
    I’d hope he already knows how good the top ones are. 
    It’s our 2nd and 3rd choice players he’ll be watching.
    I hope not, our 2nd and 3rd choices shouldn’t be players we’re still unsure about.
  • Callum Harriot now available having been found not guilty.

But we need a centre back, not a forward 
  • Callum Harriot now available having been found not guilty.

But we need a centre back, not a forward 
    Good to see he can get his career back under way. 
  • edited August 2022
    3 more sleeps before the nightmare kicks in?

We are an established League 1 club and it gets harder every season to attract the quality to Cafc to get promoted from the Mediocre but tough 3rd tier. 

Sorry if it tedious to hear but I just repeat what I said  when Ben Garner took over, we need enough forwards to cover the front 3 positions in a 4-3-3 as injuries and the 16 player game really starts to impact. If Rak Sakyi, Corey Blackett-Taylor and don't LOL Chuks Aneke can play enough minutes we have X factor players.

The business end of a match is as important as the starting 11 and it's difficult to see how we have enough at present to either keep enough clean sheets or score enough goals.

I really like a lot of our players but without  clinical finishing we won't be contenders.

Many of us are now getting too old to bullshit but we live in hope.
    Edited my post, too depressing.😩
  • Scoham said:
    Three working days to go…
    to save our season

• Sponsored links:

• Even if the moves don’t work out .. and we go with what we got till think this group will keep us in and around top 6 then we strengthen again in Jan for a final push …. it’s all down to what injuries and who gets injured and more important length of time but more luck and we deserve luck in this area and think we would be ok … 
  • The date is 27th August 2021, and in a years time... both Charlie Kirk and Albie Morgan are favourites of the Manager,

You'd honestly think we'd been relegated given how they both played at times for us
  • Kirk and Clare starting surely an indication we’ve no intentions of selling.
  • Even if the moves don’t work out .. and we go with what we got till think this group will keep us in and around top 6 then we strengthen again in Jan for a final push …. it’s all down to what injuries and who gets injured and more important length of time but more luck and we deserve luck in this area and think we would be ok … 
    Look at our bench today. The standard and predictable substitutions will be Payne for frazer and leaburn for sakyi. What else do we have? It's not September yet and we are playing claydon and have ness and Henry on the bench. We have 3 loans left available and she should be looking to use them even if the loans are until Jan and we look for better then.
    This isn’t as alarming as you’ve made out, most clubs will have kids on the bench, look at Man City’s bench today I’ve only heard of three of them. 
    Look at our bench today. The standard and predictable substitutions will be Payne for frazer and leaburn for sakyi. What else do we have? It's not September yet and we are playing claydon and have ness and Henry on the bench. We have 3 loans left available and she should be looking to use them even if the loans are until Jan and we look for better then.
    This isn’t as alarming as you’ve made out, most clubs will have kids on the bench, look at Man City’s bench today I’ve only heard of three of them. 
    It wasnt meant to be alarming. I was trying to
    offer an alternative to waiting until January. We should be looking at loans to boost numbers. 
    I think Henry is probably there on merit. But I take your larger point. Part of the problem is having two good central midfielders at this level who aren't trusted to even be in the squad. Taking those two, plus Sess, Egbo, McGrandles, and Aneke and that's six first team players that aren't available. And that would make a big impact on any squad, and you would expect to see the kids.

I still hope for three more, CB, LB, and ST, with Gilbey leaving and us being forced to keep JFC and integrate him into the squad. I also think there are signs that Leaburn and Henry are ready to be squad players at this level, which I wasn't expecting a month or two ago. So all is not lost but, we still need some work.