Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• The people screaming “sign a striker now” like children, would be the same ones shouting “not that one” if we had.
    I find it impossible to scream like a child these days.
    Would like a striker though and yeh, might end up saying not that one.
    Isn't that how it works?
    Yes, but that’s not going to stop some posters moaning about ‘the moaners’. 
  • 5 days to save our season.  Tick tock,  tick tock. 
  • Do we have moaners on here? :)
  • edited August 2022
    cabbles said:
    Disappointing to hear Gilbey wants to stay closer to home.  Hope Colchester, Crawley, Stevenage, Gillingham, AFC Wimbledon or Orient come in for him.
    Tbf I wouldn't go to Lincoln if you paid me. Flat boring county with poor infrastructure. 
    No nothing twat!
    I'm surprised that by using just 3 words can show up how illiterate someone can be. 
    Dubious sentence construction. We’re descending into chaos, chaps. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    AndyG said:
    OH BOLLOX ! 

I have just realised there are only 6 days to go until we all have to take our hats off to Golfie and say he was right for months ! Come on Thomas make it so it doesnt happen !!!
    You can doff your hat to me as well, I said the day Leaburn signed a pro contract our search for a striker was over. Thomas aint gonna part with any cash for the likes of a Stockton
    You may be right, but at the back of my mind I suspect Thomas is expecting big bids to come in for Miles, which he’d probably accept. Leaving us with two strikers, one of whom is (and often is) injured, the other of whom has a suspect back. 
    It’d make sense to invest a bit, surely, in which case he might end up with a second saleable asset. 
    Leaburn is going nowhere this season.
    No matter what, he is expected to be a big star of the future in afew seasons for Charlton or a top club.

I sincerely hope you’re right. 👍
  • Gilbey bought a new house not far from Colchester last year; I know as he bought from a friend of mine. So not surprised he wants to stay relatively local.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sign Offa Pocolypse 
  • The people screaming “sign a striker now” like children, would be the same ones shouting “not that one” if we had.
    Sign a centre back
    Here’s an unpopular opinion.  We need one of them more than we need a striker.  
    Agree

Madness
  • cabbles said:
    Disappointing to hear Gilbey wants to stay closer to home.  Hope Colchester, Crawley, Stevenage, Gillingham, AFC Wimbledon or Orient come in for him.
    Tbf I wouldn't go to Lincoln if you paid me. Flat boring county with poor infrastructure. 
    Oh Lord. Wait until Lincsaddick sees this. You'll be in big trouble. :-)
  • Lots of Pompey fans in the replies wanting MacG back. Could it happen?
    Ironic really as i seem to recall quite a few Pompey fans who were glad to see the back of him and telling us he was shit when we signed him.
  • Gilbey bought a new house not far from Colchester last year; I know as he bought from a friend of mine. So not surprised he wants to stay relatively local.
    Orient were quoted as showing an interest.

After their positive start maybe Alex might be tempted.
  • Uboat said:
    JamesSeed said:
    cabbles said:
    No nothing twat!
    I'm surprised that by using just 3 words can show up how illiterate someone can be. 
    Dubious sentence construction. We’re descending into chaos, chaps. 
    I’ve added the comma for you. 
    Thanks. These things matter. 
  • MrBurns said:
    We need a gary doherty type player that play defender and forward. Saves money too so the sandman would be happy
    Fine as long as it’s a young Doherty rather than the one we had who was slower than Mr Burns.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    MrBurns said:
    We need a gary doherty type player that play defender and forward. Saves money too so the sandman would be happy
    Fine as long as it’s a young Doherty rather than the one we had who was slower than Mr Burns.
    More historic examples would.have been Arthur Horsfield and Ronnie Moore 
  • Scoham said:
    MrBurns said:
    Dohertys most recent fitness test is in.....

Mr burns bowling ball season 7 GIF - Find on GIFER
  • Still haven't got over watching Phil Chapple play upfront so it's a no from me!
  • IanJRO said:
    Still haven't got over watching Phil Chapple play upfront so it's a no from me!
    Thanks for reminding me....NURSE!!!......
  • I suspect the delay regarding Gilbey’s proposed loan to Lincoln concerns what proportion of his wages they are prepared to pay.

i can’t see MacGillivray returning to Pompey, as Cowley only unloaded him a year ago.

No doubt there’ll be a flurry of activity next week - at least I hope so.
  • Richard J said:
    Gilbey bought a new house not far from Colchester last year; I know as he bought from a friend of mine. So not surprised he wants to stay relatively local.
    Orient were quoted as showing an interest.

After their positive start maybe Alex might be tempted.
    If Gilbey is leaving so he can go and play somewhere because he doesn't want to stay here and not play a move to Orient could make sense.

If Gilbey is being told to go because we need to use his wages else where a move to Orient makes no sense because we would still have to pay a big % of his wages.

Orient, Wimbledon etc etc aren't going to pay enough of the wages, of any of our players, for us to bring anyone else in.  
  • what does that say? can't get twitter at work
  • Amazed by some on Twitter & on here who still have their heart set on Stockton being the answer. 
    Not 1 top 6-8 club has been linked with him or made an offer so far, only Fleetwood has made an offer.. I think that says it all.
    He did look good against us but so did most of the division because as we were truly awful