Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Chunes said:
    DOUCHER said:
    If we can’t get players to fit the system, maybe we should try a different system? Without regurgitating the whole thing, last year proved it don’t work with stockley - 2 days to go or sandgaard and garner go on the register 
    Build around Stockley? He's the only odd one out really.
    Agreed - I’m not saying we should but some  on here are claiming it’s impossible to sign the striker we need coz to have all the attributes needed would cost £20m - which of course is nonsense even if garner said something similar - which he also knows is nonsense 
  • I reckon the latest Sandgaard statement is a pre-cursor to a couple of days of disappointment on the transfer front. But hey, these two are available 

• People are obsessed by ex-players.

We're not signing Taylor, we were never getting Naby Sarr, we shouldn't sign Bonne,

There's plenty of other fish in the sea, as it were.
    Mark Fish would be a bit old, but we do need a centre back. We could do worse.
  • Thommo said:
    Sounds like from that we are looking at trying to land 2 regardless of if anyone goes out. 
  • “This summer we've been able to rely on free agents so far and that has been very helpful, with relatively few loan players so we're still building a squad for the future which is important. We will continue to do that here over the next several transfer windows.”

That’s another 40 pages on here, at least 
  • Bonne is likely the cheapest/easiest option of semi-experienced cover to Stockley. Not to compete, not to improve the squad - simply, in my eyes, come in when Stockley is out or needs a rest. It's not the option we all want, but whatever, I think that ship has sailed and we won't spend any fees this window. It's the minimum viable option.

The galling thing about Aneke is the fact that he's contracted for just under another THREE YEARS. I love Chuks when he is fit and terrorising teams, but you're effectively paying for half a season of games at best, and we probably paid a decent-ish fee. We also knew exactly what we were signing with all of his injury baggage.

We have what we have, but Bonne would be a solution to a problem caused by signing Aneke. We'd only need one decent Stockley cover (that could offer something a bit different) instead of having Aneke plus another that will always end up playing second/third middle. The whole thing is a bit of a mess.
  • Must be close or have deal done for the club to put out we’re looking for a striker
  • _MrDick said:
    I reckon the latest Sandgaard statement is a pre-cursor to a couple of days of disappointment on the transfer front. But hey, these two are available 

Blomquist and mustoe - dreamland 
  • edited August 2022
    People are obsessed by ex-players.

We're not signing Taylor, we were never getting Naby Sarr, we shouldn't sign Bonne,

There's plenty of other fish in the sea, as it were.
    Feeeeesh. He could play in plaice of Inniss. 
  • Thommo said:
    Sounds like from that we are looking at trying to land 2 regardless of if anyone goes out. 
    Good effort TS - glad you’re listening re the striker although can’t see airman being happy with that - increasing revenues?? Cash flow neutral ? What’s he got up his sleeve ??? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Scott Marshall took the Gillingham press conference, Garner must be working on our signings 👀 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Thommo said:
    Good effort TS - glad you’re listening re the striker although can’t see airman being happy with that - increasing revenues?? Cash flow neutral ? What’s he got up his sleeve ??? 
    Simpson on loan from Huddersfield ??? 

• DOUCHER said:
    Thommo said:
    Simpson on loan from Huddersfield ??? 

No - that fella on the other thread has proven categorically that Davison is better than him - see the sign a striker thread - it’s fact 
  • Scoham said:
    Scott Marshall took the Gillingham press conference, Garner must be working on our signings 👀 
    Didn't Jackson take the Pizza cup games last season.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Scott Marshall took the Gillingham press conference, Garner must be working on our signings 👀 
    Didn't Jackson take the Pizza cup games last season.
    Probably, but no need to spoil the rumours thread with facts.
  • Scoham said:
    Or seeing if he can get off his 2 yellow cards in 2 games...
  • Who have we got posted at sparrows lane and the valley ? This is hotting up 
  • @Covered_End_Lad....anything interesting happening tonight mate?!
  • DOUCHER said:
    Who have we got posted at sparrows lane and the valley ? This is hotting up 
    Mr danger 
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:
    I think we need to take this further - we need ex central midfielders.

by the end of the window I want to see

Dobson
    Morgan
    Fraser
    JFC
    Gilbey
    Payne
    McGrandles
    Kashi
    Crofts
    Bumstead
    Spring
    Foley
    Garland
    Mustoe
    Watson
    Pratley
    Bailey
    Pritchard
    Puso
    Murphy
    O’Connell
    & Wollacott

as our 22 man squad 
    Pardew for Watson 
  • Amazed to see we're after a defender AND a striker.

Who'd have thought a club could target two different positions at the SAME TIME.

I thought it was only possible to focus on ONE POSITION at a time, at least that's what I read on here.
    Possibly one person, just sayin'.
  • Arthur Horsfield?
  • Arthur Horsfield?
    A-R-T-H-U-R, Arthur Horsfield Superstar.....
  • Get Akinfenwa out of retirement.
  • what are they all going to moan about now :smiley:
  • Arthur Horsfield?
    Or the real Ronnie Moore.
  • Alfie May? Haven’t heard anything, but I think he might be the man we are after!